Quick Note on Optimization

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by codeForge, Nov 21, 2012.

1. mato90

Some people cant afford beter pc, for example in my contry average monthly wage is 300€ and pc parts is overpriced here, and to be honest this game neds a lot more optimization and i hope that next patch will add more fps to game..
  2. LordMondando

Indeed, its really not that simple. You have to be rather out of touch in todays world, if 'lol yu no upgradez' is really the response.
  3. TheEvilBlight

There's a strange gulf between "I have a first gen Core and it runs fine" and "I have liquid nitrogen cooling and two giant graphics cards in SLI and overclocked" and both report good numbers, and strangely people who have "only" spent a few k, or one kay report inconsistent performance. There's a middle ground of people who are annoyed with this.
  4. Hatamoto

i have an i7 950 @ 4,0, 670gtx and 12 gigs of ram, win7 64 bit ... 39-45 fps in huge battles ... what gives? You should be getting a helluva lot more than 25. Might wanna try tweaking windows and going over your bios settings?

45 fps is absolute crap for my aim, and tbh it might as well be 25 the way it makes the mouse freakin sluggish ...
  5. DrackoreUSAF

I think you just became the biggest tool on the internet, ever...of all time.

Since you are rolling in the $$$, toss some my way so I can be as arrogant as a troll as you are.

6. Cab00se187

I think you underestimate your own ignorance to what truth the poster you quoted says. Seriously, half you people complaining about optimization are playing a 2012-2013 video game on ancient machines and expecting miracles.
  7. Bungle

A lot of nerds in this thread with "My First Gaming PC" syndrome. They can't wait to find threads like this so they can tell other people to upgrade their computers. Stroking their poor little e-peens by telling everyone else to upgrade like they did!
    • Up x 1
  8. slipnitz

I got
    i5 processor
    8gb of ram
    and GTX 650

and I get about 40 FPS on large scale fights and it's on high settings...so what's the problem?
    • Up x 1
  9. hel1011

yeah right... i got a 3770k at 4.5ghz and 2x 670 gtx overclocked and ive seen my fps enter into 30's once or twice in large scale battles and usually stay in the 40s- low 50s in these massive battles so please
  10. Dragam

Well large scale battles is primarely limited by cpu... so if his i5 is oc'ed to 5 ghz, i guess it could be true... although it does seem quite unlikely.
  11. Irathi

It could be because he is using SLI and the game has had issues with SLI. Did you try running it with a single GPU?

Also the i7 3770K has been reported as slightly slower in games than the 3570K when it does not utilize the extra threads/cores. Since PS2 barely use more than 2-3 cores efficiently then an i5 3570K can easily match an i5 3770K. I've always considered the 3770K a waste of money over the 3570K unless you are doing a lot of tasks that can actually utilize the extra core/threads.

Personally I rarely ever drop below 35 fps, the biggest battle I've been to stayed at 32-38 fps and it usually stays at around 40-45 in large fights while medium and small I get as much as 60-150 fps. I play at 1920x1080 all settings high except shadow = low/off.

My point is that it is not "quite unlikely", but rather quite possible that he does in fact have the fps he claims.
  12. Dragam

The reason that its unlikely is not due to his cpu (as said, it could be OC'ed to 5 ghz) but due to his gpu... 650 isnt exactly highend, which is why its unlikely he is getting the claimed fps.

But sure, paired with a good gpu, his cpu could infact reach the claimed fps, if it got a good OC.

Regarding sli... i find that the fps in large scale battles is the same with sli on / off, as its purely cpu limited, while in non-cpu-intensive situations, i gain 40-60 fps with sli enabled.
  13. blankfish

Having looked through this thread I thought I would pipe in as I have noticed performance issues on my 2 decent machines I have at home (I'm a 3d Artist and my machines are pretty bare except my work software and the odd game. So there is not to much rubbish running in the backgrounds).

Anyway hardware:
    Office workstation: 1st gen i7 950 oc@4ghz with 6gb with GTX470. HD is Vertex 3 120gb SSD
    Laptop: 3rd gen i7 3720 @2.6GHz, 16gb ram with GTX670M. HD here is a seagate momentus Hybris

Both running at 1920x1028 on everything high (but no motion blur as I hate it)

The strange thing is my older machine! beats the laptop by 5-10 frames averaging around 40-50fps.

I would of expected the more powerful GTX670 GPU in the Laptop to of pulled it ahead.

Only other things of note is that the laptop runs the SOE steam version (hence how I can post on these forums) where as my Desktop is standalone PSG euro version.
  14. RayDrazon

Many people have machines that are in the high-end and still having problems. Even if a person is playing a game from 2012-2013, while things may be a bit more complex, it should be more optimized.
    • Up x 1
  15. Kowin

Your desktop has a much higher clock speed, I feel it's pretty safe to say that's the reason why. This game is more CPU bound than it ever will be GPU, like pretty much all MMO's and especially MMOFPS.

This is a brand new engine, it's going to take more time to nail down all performance fixes. Not to mention, it runs completely amazing for the player counts involved.

i5-3570k stock, 2x 560 Ti's SLI, 8gb ram.
    • Up x 1
  16. Irathi

Well as you said it is highly CPU limited, so if he plays at a lower resolution, say for instance 1680x1050 and have "high settings" on I still find it plausible. According to Anandtech the GTX650 is capable of playing BF3 (really gpu heavy) at 1680x1050 with decent fps (43,3). Granted the GTX650 scores barely half of what the GTX660 does, but at lower resolution with high settings it is actually enough.

Point is; he said "high settings", he didn't mention how high resolution he used (unless in a previous post I haven't read yet).
  17. Cab00se187

You're doing something wrong bro. I'm running the 3770k and I don't even dip below 60 fps with everything maxed in huge battles. Mind you, on Genudine large battles are probaly small in comparison to a server with actual population. Nonetheless, I get up to 170 fps in wide open land.
  18. Xavstar

I run PS2 in windowed full screen mode so I can move the mouse to another monitor and change what music I am listening too without the PS2 window minimizing or such like. In UserOptions.ini I have set, within [Rendering], MaximumFPS=60 as Vsync setting wont apply in windowed full screen mode. With this setting you can give your graphics card some breathing space during gameplay where getting 60FPS won't task the GPU 100%. - This could help a bit keeping graphics card temperatures down if it is getting too hot for comfort. I have rigged a sealed CPU liquid cooling system to my GPU so I am fine. But without it I know Nvidia 580GTX cards, and perhaps the Nvidia 470\480 graphics cards can hotter running PS2 than BF3.

Also a graphics card cooling assembly - the air ducts and heatsink fins can over time become clogged up with dust and debris. So it could be worthwhile removing the cooling assembly and clearing out the air ducts and heatsink fins of dust and debris. Also remove the old thermal paste from the GPU and the part of the heatsink that attaches to it and apply fresh thermal paste. You might not want to do this if your graphics card is still within its warranty period.
  19. TintaBux

Unless your running on the lowest resolution possible then your post is telling porky pies.
  20. k3lt

So i haven't played this game for like 2 months due to poor performance, was waiting for the promised optimization patches.
    Tried it yesterday and it's basically the same bad performance as it was before, cant really tell if anything improved.
    Spawned and insta 20 fps range without any fighting even, can anyone update me of what's going on?
    Shouldn't there be some optimizations updates since 2 months or SOE is just leeching $ from cash shop and dont give **** anymore?