Not fair for infiltrators

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Bape, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Bape

Am I crying? I don't think so
    Am i Raging? Not mad im sure
    Why are you posting this? i can name so many times where i joined a squad and they ask what ur main class and I said infiltrator. Then they tell me to switch to light assault to help infiltrate and capture this point etc. I just find it weird that we are called infiltrator when an light assault clearly is better at it then us they have the full package of infiltrating. People was QQ raging over infiltrator having shotguns and yet we have light assault flying with a shotgun and c4s?.

Why are infiltrators not getting any love form the dev we have useless cloak and useless guns whats the point even being an infiltrator beside sniping. Like seriously LIGHT ASSAULT CAN INFILTRATE WAY BETTER.

Light assault
    1. Cant hear Jetpack
    2.They can use shotguns
    3.They can fly on top of bases and infiltrate easy
    4.They have c4s AT
    5.More health then infiltrator

Infiltrator
    1.sniper rifle
    2.****** cloak that EVERYONE can see even low end if they are experienced players.
    3.****** semi auto with only 20 rounds u basically can only kill 1-2 infantry if they arent HA
    4. You can hear infiltrator cloak while listening to music.
    5.NO Anti tank AT ALL
    6. lowest health

So you guys QQ about infiltrator having shotguns yet light assault uses shotguns and can fly kill 5 people then just fly away dodging any bullet. While infiltrator they have low health they have to uncloak to shoot and with their ****** cloak they can't escape if spotted unless the player is clearly blind.

Ways to fix infiltrator
    1.Remove cloak consumption with the ****** easy to see cloak and the whole u have to uncloak to shoot I think people will not cry me a river over this.
    2. Allow shooting while cloak. I can name so many times where I catch someone from the back and I try to shoot and i realized im still cloaked and I die.

Smg- I don't know if I was seeing things but in the Friday night ops where they showed the SMGs for NC and TR the nc had 25 rounds and the TR had 35? Can anyone confirm this?. Now if the smg is 25 why the hell would I get that when I can just stick with the stalker unless the nc smg has the apparently DMG passive advantage.
    • Up x 1
  2. Cymoril

You dont need love. You need to step up to the table and take charge! You need to form your own defense squad. 3 snipers, 3-5 heavys, 1 or 2 engis, 1 or 2 medics. Hang in a slot like Crossroads. Use the prox chat and call targets to the other snipers and have focus fire and all shoot at same time and same target. This also goes for the heavys. The engy repairs turrets and keeps the ammo comming. The Medic revives from when it gets heated and people POD in. The lack of imagination for forming groups in this game is nil. People like to zerg or zerg ghost cap empty continents. If you want to ghost cap empty continents or "fair" fights go back to whatever FPS u came from. This game is a hybrid fps mmo play it like one. Decide what you want to hunt- build your group and go hunting.
    • Up x 3
  3. ArcMinuteLight

The Developers are blissfully ignorant of the problems with the infiltrator class despite the infiltrator forums have more posts then many two class forums combined. They think that we're all having lucky-go joy rides judging from our thread count.
  4. Bape

Im in mattherson man the big outfit barely uses infiltrator they mostly use HA LA medics. I had to leave my outfit because they kept making me switch to medic or LA which I hate using.
  5. Bape

Tell me about it i love infiltrating but i basically stopped i found me hacking terminals very useless. But hacking turret and turning the tide of battle is good but in order to do that u must infiltrate which is hard with our cloak in big battles.
  6. Cymoril

They key for you is to create the Infil squads that are successful then the "typical" players will see the demand for what you can do. I have 2 that consistently harass me every nite at the same place. I try sending em tells to appraising them on their kills of me. I dont get any replies. Once likes to sit on the hill and snipe me on the outside. The other comes in and knifes me if given the chance. I almost feel like Im playing TFC with em, yes Im playing the engineer. haha
  7. illgot

you only need one infiltrator for hacking the terminals, after that in a larger group they are useless.

When playing my infiltrator I just run around solo hacking and capping bases. Once we get infiltrators I think we'll be a bit more dangerous.
  8. ArcMinuteLight

Mmmm once we get infiltrators... Do you by any chance mean a 12 man infiltrator squad raining bullets down on a enemy sundie from the hillside behind?
  9. altonyc

How is that infiltrating? I see sniping, but no infiltration.
  10. icesail

Yah I know what you mean. I am usually the designated infiltrator in when we run platoons. We do try to have 1 infiltrator per squad, mostly because PL will usually split the platoon and send different squads to different objectives.

Honestly, you will NEVER need more them one infiltrator per squad.
  11. illgot

lol meant SMGs
  12. Legend89

I think this badmouthing cloak thing has to end. It really isn't meant to be "I'M INVISIBLE PERFECTLY" but more of a be less noticeable on the battlefield tactic. Sure we aren't that great at CQC. But we are pretty amazing at LONG RANGE engagements right? It could be nice to have some wiggle room to change up the play style but if i want to be up close I would prefer healing or a turret rather than even the scout rifles. People always seem to think this is some CoD or Halo remake and want to be able to play those games. This is the first game I have seen that it actually makes being a sniper worth while. And anyone crying that we cant take down a tank doesn't know how to take down a tank is kinda silly. Sure C4 would be cool but thats not our role. With 5 other classes that can handle tanks, look for the guy repairing them. Infiltrators need some tweeks here and there but nothing major as some people say.
  13. icesail

Our cloak not only is not invisible perfect, you are better off not even turning it on, except to clear the doritos. That thing is so broken it is not even funny.

If you have read anything, you will see that everyone agree that sniping is great. The problem is we, INFILTRATORS, can't infiltrate any better them any other other, and LAs are actually superior at infiltrating them we are.

The biggest problem we have with infiltrating is our cloak. It is actually a liability instead of an asset. I can infiltrate my dual burster max up a air tower as easily as I can infiltrate my infiltrator... something is seriously wrong with this picture.
    • Up x 1
  14. Ender

I don't know what you're talking about, I can dish out some big pain with my Artemis (Silencer, IRNV, Forward Grip, and extended magazines in suit slot). Hack a terminal, throw out your darts, throw some prox mines to cover an area for you and let the carnage begin. The artemis is crazy deadly if you can aim.
  15. Nimas

I find it kind of interesting how annoyed this made me :p

First, the fact that a class named 'Infiltrator' is not good a CQC (and by that I mean, sneaking around, sabotaging things) is patently ridiculous.

Second, its not that people think this is a CoD/Halo remake, it's that they foolishly believe that this is a sequel to a little game called Planetside, maybe you've heard of it? This does mean that people expect certain things when a game names them. For example, Infiltrator in PS1 was a permacloaked, pistol/knife wielding hacker/demolitions expert (depending on what you certed) who's main aim was to cause as much chaos for an enemy as possible.
  16. khord

Have you tried the automatic that you can get for the infiltrator? It's not a shotgun, but its not that bad.
  17. Nimas

I have 3 weapons for my infil, bolt action, semi auto scout, full auto scout.

Yes, you can *kill* an unaware person at short range with it, but most likely you used the entire meagre clip, and you also fired off quite a few rounds so that even with a silencer, your chance of being heard and hunted down by others is greatly increased.

Regardless, the thing that holds us back from CQC is not the weapons (they don't help certainly, but you can work around them) it's the pitiful cloak which announces your presence to every living being in the entire facility every time you try to move past a group of enemies (obviously not trying to run straight past them)
  18. Dasmasterneko

I can be fully effective at any range with my infiltrator. Especially since i dont let my puny handgun deter me from bumrush heavies or you name it. Not saying you are the most effective close quarter fighter in the army but you can definitely kill someone. take some risks, have some fun, snipe some fools and enjoy the new SMG's.
  19. Bloodmyth

What doesn't help is so many of us play to snipe so the inf class looks like it has a healthy player base, where as if they could see the percentage that actually infiltrate it would more likely show that its a broken class, when rolling with my outfit I swap to LA because I feel guilty being my inf and by the time I run to a generator etc, the half a dozen LA's have taken it, killed any oppersition and moved on.

But SOE must be happy with the class as there can be no way they've missed all the posts about it ;)
  20. illgot

I have a feeling the SMG will fix a lot of our CQC issues.

As for our cloak, would be nice to have one that was built for CQC in mind. What did they have in PS1?