This isn't an FPS, it's a Flight/Tank sim

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fabien, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Fabien

The more meat you put between the slices of bread, the less it looks like a sandwich..

Resources shouldn't be earned by the territory your faction owns, therefore out of your control, it should be based on a daily basis and as you kill / earn certs you then get other resources to acquire vehicles.

Vehicles are BY FAR over used and too easy to acquire. They really need to make them harder to get, or more expensive..

To me this isn't a FPS anymore..
    • Up x 4
  2. Yeo-Yin

don't worry i won't take long before ps2 lose his "massivly" too. So, the game that was suppose to be a mmofps will be a mo-vehicle-sim.
    • Up x 1
  3. Yil

It never was just a First Person Shooter, sorry you didn't read any of the game info before playing.
    • Up x 1
  4. PoopMaster

This game is in no way a sim. I think you just mean you feel there are too many tanks/air which they might be able to solve by upping the res cost for them.
    • Up x 1
  5. Yeo-Yin

We really need a video of someone walking on the ground during the night and meeting nobody with a grasshoper sound in the background compare that to the trailer or even to the sentence i quoted.
    I am still waiting for "truly epic, massive combat" btw. But i think that the "fps" will leave before and the "massively" will follow.
    About the free-to-play ... hmm ...
    Yes, you can play for free. Pilots need meat to feed their guns.
  6. Zha1tan

Ohhhh yeah because I had such fun last night capturing that bio lab with my prowler, oh dont even get me started on how I Rolled my tank up to A point on a tech plant, oh yeah I almost forgot about flying my prowler up to one ofthe air towers and conquered it.

simple thing needs done. people need to unlock the lock on ground launcher and group up with an egineer throwing down ammo and watch those tanks go down and the same with aircraft, Im in a primarily infantry based outfit and we work around the tank/air zerg and take bases behind them cutting them off and putting them on the backfoot.

If you are having trouble finding infantry battles you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
  7. Yeo-Yin

in a topic about the too high number of vehicles and aircraft, come and show as exemples biolabs and techplants is at best irelevant and more likely bad faith/trolling. Plus, tech plant are no longer vehicle safe as the only thing you need to do is to camp the generators with tanks and after that camp the hall.
  8. Veri

You are also sitting first person in a vehicle shooting or are you using third person in vehicles?
  9. Zha1tan

[IMG]
  10. Yeo-Yin

if you are talking about the grammar, sorry, english is not my mother tongue. If you are talking about the content ... hum, then i suppose that you are just a troll.
    It's well known that biolabs are the last place where it's possible to find infantry (+ the crown). Before, it was the same for tech plants but they changed it and now you can turn the shields off if you destroy some generators.
  11. bPostal

Man, that's a shame because I love plenty of meat between my bread...
    What you're talking about is a result of the inversion of the cert system from Planetside. In Planetside you didn't get **** until you certed into it. In PS2 you get everything and it gets stronger the more you cert into it. I highly doubt a cert overhaul is in the cards for PS2 so your only real option is to either grab a vehicle and enjoy <randomName>side 2 until the bases are redesigned in such a way as to nullify their effect inside of bases.
  12. forkyar

id disagree,this is planetside
  13. DerpyHooves

our having your outfit members cert into counter weapons/abilities.
  14. Uben Qui

Look man, there are thirty tanks. I do not care if that is 1.5% of my continent. Yea... there are 200 infantry out there but that is bunk, man. They are being farmed by those tanks, bro. Can't you see that.. ? If not, you are an idiot. :)
  15. IshanDeston

No its not. This game is as far away from being a Flight or Tank simulator as any GTA game is from Driving Lesson.
  16. Lucerin_SolTech

The infantry render distance should give you a distinct advantage versus aircraft and tank attacks. Infantry can lock on vehicles as they can generally view them way before an opposing vehicle is able to render infantry. As a regular Liberator pilot, I feel this pain way more than not.

I certed into a Max-AA weapons and had a field day with Terran Aircraft this afternoon. Continue to make it easy for bad pilots to get more aircraft (sans dodging random scythes at the VS warpgate. Seriously, what happened to PS1-style in game flight training?).

If you're opposing a zerg, and you're not equally suited to compete with them i.e. air support and armor, then you obviously will lose as a single / small group of infantry.
  17. PRAFTD

It's a tank/flight sim in the same way TF2 is a military hat simulator. You mustn't understand tongue-in-cheek terminology.
  18. IshanDeston

Calling the sky green, even in "tongue-in cheek" manner, won't make the sky green. If it at least would be a good sim, but alas its just arcady
  19. PRAFTD

Tankside 2?
    Planet of Tanks 2?
    Planet Tanks 2?
    Tank Wars 2?

It is sarcastic mocking of the state the game. Who the hell cares what people call it? It isn't literal vernacular.
  20. Ratm1390

This game is a joke.

People went all out and just cert their vehicles

Air vehicles just casually fly in and rocket pad and then just zip out, wait a little bit for regen, then come on back for some more.

Same with tanks.

All I ever see now is the occasional LA try to sneak-cap a point.