Friends leaving the NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by voigt, Dec 15, 2012.

1. voigt

I am a PS1 Veteran NC Player. I never thought I would play anything else. We used to have lethal shotgun based technology as our specialty, high damage slow rate of fire. But now that I'm rank 38 and have 6000 certs spent, My friends list is getting smaller and smaller. I find out that some moved to VS others to TR and it feels horrible. I don't want to play alone and I don't want to just start over and I really don't want to play anything but NC. I don't know if there is an actual faction imbalance at play or just a perceived one but people are leaving and I would like some kind of state of the game post by SOE to tell us what their plans are, if they feel everything is fine as is or if they know there is a real problem and give us some kind of hope so I can tell my friends to come back.
    • Up x 1
  2. DJPenguin

I've got several friends that are interested in playing but don't want to because we're playing NC instead of TR. Either they want the MAX's chainguns instead of scattercannons or they just want to be the "Space fill-in-the-blank". If there was a way to transfer everything to another character we'd do it in a heartbeat even if it came with a cost.
  3. Honsou

If your "friends" left the NC to play TR or Vanu, then they were never really your friends.

The game is fine and everyone is having fun. Out of thousands of players you might reach 40 of who constantly post here how awful the game is and how its dieing. We should get a new continent early next year, and devs read well constructed posts and seem fine to take ideas from the community.
    • Up x 9
  4. Mordrake

Kill them. Let them taste a bit of ******* FREEDOM!
    • Up x 5
  5. voigt

They (my friends) are not coming to the forums and complaining, they are simply just leaving or not logging into their NC guys anymore. They say they don't like the NC guns to me and are having more fun playing on the other factions. They feel weak playing NC and don't care if I show then numbers that show its not that much of an advantage. I want to play with my friends but like I said I've already invested 6000+ certs into NC and do not want to start over.
    • Up x 1
  6. VSDerp

technology is better than NC's so called ''freedom'' not surprised at all lol
  7. ShadowWolf TR

idk what you're talking about..i play all 3 factions but when i play NC its like easy mode, hundreds die before my scattercannon
    maybe they're trying to see what the other factions are like? each faction has a different playing style, maybe the NC's style wasn't right for your friends (out of curiosity have you played the other factions?)
    • Up x 1
  8. Bill Hicks

My whole server pretty much rerolled VS. I feel cheated that I have to re farm certs, hopefully a another double xp weekend comes.
  9. Eduard K.

Roll TR, Matt promised it was gonna be overpowered, I guess he is a man of his word.

VS is just the "next big thing", pay no attention to your friends who rolled there, they will be TR soon if the weapons aren't oped enough.
  10. Tasogie

Alot of players, some younger ones, can be easily convinced that side is better than another, an they will move in a flash at some perceived bonus to that side.
    myself, after having a go at TR for 10 mins, it is incredibly easy compared to NC. But, NC is better over all.If you can shoot straight with an NC gun you will will never miss with other two factions. simply because they are laughingly easy to use.
    So the young ones see that as a must have, an they dont like to feel they are under powered (even though its imaginary)
  11. Faction

Same situation here except they didn't change faction they just don't play
    • Up x 1
  12. Scorch Draken

just depends on what server you're on to find out if you could get new ones from the forums.
  13. Bill Hicks

Just go VS or TR and destroy NC when they flinch at all your super fast and accurate bullets
  14. Gavyne

Lots of hyperboles on the forums. Check out the NC on Genudine, we do pretty well considering being outnumbered by VS.
  15. Phyr

Genudine is pissing me off. If we aren't bashing heads at the crown we have ******** population balance on the other 2 continents.
  16. Str8Dumpin

everyone kills better with NON NC gear. it's the reason try hards like rivalgaming didn't go NC. nothing against try hards. let them leave, serve them up a hot piece of *** whoopin on the battlefield. they will remember why there were NC, and regret leaving.
  17. Hexxed

Played as NC in beta. TR past release (majority decided to go as TR, not a balance issue).

So last day I was sitting at the crown and killing those NC weaklings. That was pathetic really. So... we was bored and started to throw ingame insults about weak rebels without sense of unity and blah-blah-blah. Crown is for red... You know, that sort of thing. Well... our NC adversaries got stirred up real bad since our insults bit them right in the guts. After that things got only worse and worse. First we got some crazy jumpjet breach from elite NC troops. That was tough but they were mowed down after few minutes of honorable and brutal fight. They were greatly outnumbered - that's all, managed to cap 2 out 3 points. Next - it was a galaxy (I doubt it was just one) fully stocked with double shotgun MAXes. That was a massacre. We were pushed back to the ground level of the crown, lost all control points. All hallways were filled with dead bodies, pretty much... sad display. Still we pushed back and regained control. But next blow was our last. Column of heavy armor, sunderers, enemy infantry popping in all around us... We was thrown off the crown with our tails between our legs :( But still it was pretty awesome fight; both factions got lots of kills, lot's of certs :) Overall feeling was... I want more of that! This is how fighting is done in Planetside 2. How real fighting is done! And I'm glad it wasn't been some VS. Actually I doubt that VS have guts to pull this off.

Yeah, balance issues plague each game with competitive elements. But IMHO with right application NC is rather viable faction. Problem is - how to get close? Other than that it's fine. VS? Well, they just got compensated for beta's beating and bolstered their ranks. I think they need to be put on common terms with other factions already.

NC? Well... If you make their guns more accurate and decrease their damage - you will get TR.
    I think _if_ NC need tweaking - it should be fine and precise one. Not just tweaking bullet spread or damage.
    • Up x 2
  18. kyre5

NC FREEDUM I DO WHAT I WANT

they are free to move factions
  19. Locke

My breakdown on the NC specifics at the moment is as follows.

If you find the good NC infantry weapons among the rubbish ones and equip them appropriately its not so bad. GR22, GD-22S, GD-7F etc You are basically looking for something with a high ROF to keep up with the other factions or you will get killed at close and medium range - a lot. The marginally higher damage per bullet on our principal weapons (gauss) does not make up for the advantage the VS and TR have in the majority of situations. We also have some weapon lines that are just plain inferior to the enemy that are worth avoiding. TR and VS weapons are largely easier to use compared to most NC weapons which makes a bad first impression on people as they try out the factions. This is the main issue for NC apart from the stupid warp gate placement on some maps.

Reaver... don't have much to say except the advantages the enemy has in speed (Mosquito) and maneuverability (Scythe) can be overcome. People seem to think it has extra armour but this has been proved to be false. Only thing it does have is a higher damage per hit (but slower ROF and smaller clip) on the forward cannon. Well that and a bigger hit box =/

NC MAX is excellent. Nothing to complain about. CQC supremacy makes up for lack of ranged ability.

Vanguard is a fine tank. It can be frustrating to play against good Magrider and Prowler tankers using their superior maneuverability (not top speed) but you really just have to use the extra front armour and the shield to counter this or you're screwed. Overall nothing really to complain about you just need to make sure you hit all your shots or the slow reload will make you lose.
    • Up x 2
  20. B0bzor

I split my time between TR and NC in the beta. I found I always did better with TR weapons, but I've really come into my own using the NC gear now.

While I still don't perform as well (TR high RoF just seems to work for me better) I'm becoming a better player. My aim has increased dramatically, my recoil control is superb, and my accuracy in CQB has improved.

I think if I ever switched back over to TR, my infantry only KDR could level out at 8-10. (It was ~5 in the beta)