Refund everyone who bought an AA launcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JonniTheJuicyJ, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jestunhi

And you wear a tinfoil hat and run around screaming that they are listening to whoever whines the loudest?
  2. Frigidus

Ah, I see that you've given up on any actual argument and have gone to throwing a tantrum like the child you are. Well, I can go playground on you too.

HAHAHAHAHA, SOE ISN'T GOING TO GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT, NEINER NEINER! :p

Whatever, I'm done arguing. If people are unwilling to see why a company kowtowing to every misguided complaint about balancing is a bad thing there's not much more to say..
  3. Curze

I already commented on that. they could make scopes remove hipfiring, under the basis that they still magnify targets when you aim down your scope, so their intended functionality remains intact. obviously that would be a serious nerf and many people wouldnt have purchased the scopes in the first place if thats how they were going to be (others still would).

but we are talking here $7, not 30 certs, so they should be extra careful when doing stuff like that.
  4. Solvite

I think you are just spoiled and entitiled.

Sony doesn't need your money because if you freak out this much after the first balance patch EVER, you won't be playing long.

Go ahead and pre-order the next big mmo on IGN because you'll probably be playing it.
  5. VoidMagic

Yea no I don't argue with idiots on the internetz... I will however make some serious fun of you... you should've seen the original edit of that post... whew... lol

This is between SOE and customers... your just my content... baby.
  6. premiumcontent

The weapon did not fundamentally change. It was a rocket launcher that locked on air targets and shot rockets. Now it is a rocket launcher that locks on air targets and shoots rockets. It would be fundamentally different if it were to do something like bake cakes.
  7. NEWSKIS

This thread is worthless. Stop arguing about it here where it will change nothing. Write a support ticket and ask for one nicely and if they say no, then ***** about it.

If you bought or buy anything in this game without knowing it could change, get your head of the sand. I've bought things and knew full well that they could change. I could see complaining if they turned the AA missile into a AV one, changing its main purpose, but thats not the case. If you bought the AA missile to use on anything other than aircraft, you're ********.
  8. LittleBlackRainCloud

No one is freaking out about a balance patch, people are angry they paid for a product and now are only getting 1 third of that product. Get your facts straight sir.
    • Up x 1
  9. Flarestar

To an extent, regarding whoever whines the loudest, yes. But mostly, I'm just not a bloody idiot like you, apparently.

MMO balance changes are very rarely the result of data mining and logical thought process. Actually the only game I can think of where they consistently are is EVE, and even CCP has tripped and faceplanted quite a few times.

Balance changes are driven by exactly two things: attempts at player retention/return in the case of P2P games, and attempts at driving market purchases in the case of F2P games. If you think otherwise, you are completely delusional. Half the time balance changes don't even make sense to the playerbase - frequently when they do, you can trace them back directly to unceasing complaints on the forums, despite forum posters comprising a very small portion of the playerbase as a whole. I have no idea how many times in MMOs, particularly SOE-published ones, I've read patch notes and immediately wondered "Where the **** did THAT come from?"

This particular round of changes is a great example of that. The changes to flak are needed, but really only for the Skyguard, and didn't include the absolute most important thing, which was a tightening of the currently absurdly large cone of fire. The changes to rocket pods net a solid meh from anyone being realistic, since hitting infantry damn near dead on was already stupid easy and it does nothing to help with ESFs being able to effectively vaporize friendly armor. Flak Armor would be great, except that it won't really be particularly effective as you rarely get hit with a single explosion, you usually get hit with more than enough to kill you dead even with the doubled resistance. The G2A and G2G lockon launcher changes are poorly thought through start to finish. The only part of those patch notes that I wasn't either confused by or laughing at is the return of the Decimator, and the very, very much needed buff to the Walker.
    • Up x 1
  10. LittleBlackRainCloud

Can I come borrow advice from you when I'm about to purchase a house too? thanks dad, and while you're at it why don't you loan me the $3.50 they bait and switched me out of .. I promise I'll pay it back .. or maybe a thrid .. I don't know .. it'll be in the loan errata.
  11. MexelVanMexelen

At no point have I said I won't play. I've said I won't pay (and I won't).

Changes of this magnitude to something I paid for with real money and no form of compensation offered is ludicrous. If you don't see it that way then you haven't seen enough of life to know that if they get away with this then you will be next. Not in the next patch maybe, or the one after that, but they will get you eventually. Now, if you've been playing for free, that might not bother you. But some of us have supported the Devs to a fairly large extent.
    • Up x 1
  12. LittleBlackRainCloud

A megacorp not giving back $3.50 to any individual over a complaint about the product or service is only tolerated due to ignorance or a primary monopoly on unique services.
    • Up x 1
  13. Dr. Allcome

14. LittleBlackRainCloud

Anyways, we are centering our anger here for trolls instead of sharing the wealth of knowledge elsewhere. time to get to work.
  15. Thurwell

I don't know. The devs, as you say, made a difficult situation for themselves. Individual weapons cost money, any time you nerf those weapons people are going to feel you have changed the product that they paid for. In this case it's fairly easy, they're taking away 100% of the weapons damage in 2 out of 3 scenarios (armor and infantry), and even taking away some functionality vs air since I guess people dumbfire the rockets at hovering planes. That's a huge change in functionality, losing something like 75% of it's use.
  16. Kommissar Klose

That's a bit of a stretch to say that the inability to fire without a lock on makes the AA launcher 1/3rd of what it used to be. I know you need it to be that for the sake of your argument, and I get that if you list the total targets you could hit before, versus those you can hit now, it follows.

But to say its 1/3rd when it's still as, if not more, effective against its intended target is kind of bunk. I think it was more of an error if anything that the AA/AV launchers were good for general use. That overlapped with the purpose of the dumbfire.
  17. MexelVanMexelen

Which might well be true. But you can't tell me I've had $7 worth of value from a weapon when one of its 3 main functions (and one I valued, since you can't predict when a vanny will roll up lol) is simply removed with no explanation, within, what, 3 weeks of launch?

Plus I'm expected to pay SC for the replacement weapon (Decimator)?

They are fools and charlatans, sorry.
  18. Kommissar Klose

The dumbfire is the stock replacement. Decimator is simply the stronger option but takes more skill to fire.

What we were originally offered were the "locking on" variants. The decimator is simply the heavy hitting, hard to hit with option that up to this point did not exist for HA.

That said, once again, as a software developer and armchair games designer myself, I feel it is critical that a developer have full creative control over the mechanics and balance of their game, no matter the payment model that is being used. It shouldn't be possible to label someone as a fool or a charlatan for making what appear to be legitimate changes to the game.

By legitimate, I mean to say that I saw the effectiveness of AA during beta, and have seen the effectiveness of AA at launch. I feel the changes being made are an acceptable compromise, at least worthy of putting into the live game.

This is probably a failure of the F2P model, but I think if it was suggested that the game go purely subscription based, that a very large and vocal group of the player population would be very upset.
  19. VKhaun

...no... it was a rocket launcher that could dumb fire rockets OR lock on air targets and shoot homing rockets.

it has changed

Now it can only lock on air targets and fire homing rockets after a lock.

I don't know why this thread is turning into a rocket launcher debate. The weapon used to do two things when we bought it, now it's going to do one. The end. Give us a refund if we don't want it anymore. We are not whining about a nerf to this or a buff to that, there is no need to argue any point about what should or shouldn't be or what is or isn't intended.

They took away dumb fire from a weapon I bought even though it only locked air, because I knew I could always dumb fire it at stuff anyway. Now it's not the weapon I bought and it's a pure AA weapon. I want a refund. If it should or shouldn't dumb fire is completely irrelevant. It did when I bought it, I knew it did, and that's why I bought it. Now get off my back.
    • Up x 5
  20. Phyr

Can I get a refund on the Burster I bought last week, since it's on sale today?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.