Rez stealing

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Chinchy, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Chinchy

Since I am a Tier 6 medic my rezzes should not be able to be overwritten by another medic, nothing more irritating as to have your rez stolen by someone with a rank 1 med tool. I would also like priority heal over someone with a medical tool under rank 5, they provide nothing to the collective and are pretty much just a determent to the empire as a whole if they are constantly snagging rezs that I would be normally bringing up at full HP.
    • Up x 3
  2. vrcarnage

I don't like the rez stealing either. What tool people have is besides the point. Better tool does not give entitlement. I have my medic maxed on every medic type item but, I don't believe I deserve a res over the person that got there first.

My fix for this would be. Once a person applies the res they are not longer targetable by another person for a res. It also makes the skull disapear off the map.

I have this stuff happen to me a lot. I am fast and move around a lot. I don't sit there and wait for them to get off the ground and heal because they have 100% hp when they get up.
    • Up x 1
  3. Dhart

I could live with a change that to the effect that if you rez someone... you can't rez anyone else until that person is at full health or dead.

Getting mightily tired of accepting a rez... then finding myself with 20% health and the medic has already run off to rez someone else... at which point... all it takes is 1-2 hits to kill me again.

Wondering- do you get points if I refuse the rez? I hope not. Quite often it just isn't worth it.
  4. vrcarnage

No we don't get exp if you refuse it but, not a big deal imo. I understand the frustration of being brought back into battle w/ a low amount of hp and someone not heal you.

I would also like to have a system in place to force a heal but, unfortunatly you have just as many people that wont stop for a heal as people leaving people w/o a heal ;) so what you have is a medic that can't do anything because the one turd will run off. Yea they will probably be killed but, when I had a lower ranked gun I would rev people right before the end of a battle and they would burn off and get in a tank or something. That unfortunatly is a double edged sword.

They could just implement something that would show you how much hp you have if you accept.
  5. Dhart

I like that- let me know up front how much health I'll be rez'd with and let me decide if it's worth it....

On my Heavy I have restoration sticks.... to make up the difference or when Medic isn't around... but on my Engineer... I had to decide between ammo/mines to carry them... that's when I'm left with the short stick the most in combat.
  6. Kazunari

Just a tip, in case you didn't know - as an Engineer if you have your turret, take it out and hit the B key. You'll switch to ammo pack! :D

But yes, Rez stealing is a bit of an issue. Just make the first rez stick until the person accepts or declines (or times out, whatever)
  7. cfnz

Personally I think the game should allow multiple people to rez at the same time.

Other details are debatable:

1. Should the rez occur faster?
    2. Should the max heal be a combination of the medics involved, (i.e. two 25% medics working together rez to 50%) or default to that of the highest medic.
    3. Should xp be awarded proportionally or grant full xp to all involved?

People should not be fighting over a rez, for the sake of xp or whatever the reasons.
  8. Ixidron

We should sing a petition for the resurrection race to come back again, is the best option for everyone.
  9. SixVoltSamurai

They just need a % in the rez window. I refuse to take under 75%, it's easier to respawn since 9 times out of 10 the derp who won't spend certs on the med-tool cause he wants more exp, then doesn't even get the exp because he runs off and doesn't heal the rest of the damage. I've played a medic a grand total of 30 minutes since release, but even I at least have 75% rez. I don't play it enough to warrant 100% just yet. Maybe make resurrections reward more based on % replaced, and drop down the gains from level 1-2 tools just to force people to get useful resurrection %.
  10. Joust

When we're pushing hard at a choke point (attrition is a thing of beauty), I will overwrite a level 1 XP farmer every time. Its easy to tell when someone is a low leveled medic because they actually top off their resurrects. XP farmers will move on to the next corpse and not even pop off their AOE heal.

Not only is that farmer negatively affecting our meta game, he could reasonably play his certed class and help the team push forward instead of hindering the spearhead. XP farmer, you are negatively impacting our team - you are no different than someone sitting at a spawn killing teammates. I won't overwrite out of spite, but I will to make progress and stop people from hurting the team.

The best way to stop XP farmers is to overwrite them, it's the only way they'll learn. Then they'll just go engineer instead and spam ammo packs (which is fine, TBH, everyone needs more ammo).
  11. Kid Gloves

Disagree.

The best way to stop farmers is to make the rank 1 applicator rez to a higher % and take considerably longer.

It slows down the farmer, it makes rank 1 medics useful and it means players will trust medic rez's again.

An override feature might not be used by some out of spite, but it will be used by others - negatively impacting the medic experience for a newb medic. Newb medics need encouragement and to feel useful, not kicks in the fork.
    • Up x 2
  12. ElementalFiend

First person to start the rez should be locked into it unless they release the trigger or die, regardless of rank.
    • Up x 1
  13. Chinchy

I have a better idea how bout everyone can heal the dead body but the fastest res locks the res for themselves, That way if a lvl 1 and a lvl 6 start at the same time the lvl 6 will lock in that guy for there res first, but if the 6 shows up late it won't be stolen from the lvl 1.
  14. ElementalFiend

Nah, first on the scene deserves the xp. There should be no priority based on level or it will discourage some from even attempting rezzes.

I don't care who rezzes me as long as it happens.
  15. Fizzbin

The most important thing is that the soldier gets rezzed.
  16. Opapanax

Good luck with this one.. I really don't see many changes coming from this..

XP should be granted faster to you for the improved heal but totally locking out others from healing seems like it would be majorly open to abuse and bugs..
  17. WildCatNL

As far as I know, I'm unable to even get a revive started when a fellow medic is doing a revive already. I might get a beam lock, but no revive process will start.
  18. Chinchy

*Fixed*
  19. IshanDeston

If you keep the gun trained on the target until they accept the rez, noone can steal it. If you don't keep it trained on the target, don't blame your fellow medics for trying their luck at a case you have given up.

Simple as that. Just because you have a Med Tool 6, doesn't mean you suddenly have less responsibilities to maintain your targets wellbeing.
  20. Shockfrosted

I'm down. I've got a Baritone, let's get this ******* chrous started!
    • Up x 4