Recent Peformance Drop ?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Genetic, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Genetic

Has anyone else noticed a drop in the last few days ?

just trying to work out whether its the game or my PC is nursing a problem , normally get an easy average of 70+ fps in heavy area's but ive been getting 30-40 in small fights the last day or so (specs bellow)
  2. Pedroig

I know when I logged in last night, had a quick patch. WORST PERFORMANCE since August. Lag was horrendous all night, and it wasn't just me. Engineer Ammo Packs not rearming, repairing anything was a luck of the draw, my vehicle would show to be repaired with the tool, but not the graphic, and when I couldn't repair anymore it was still smoking. Then about 3 minutes later it "insta healed"... One of the worst k/d nights I have ever seen, mainly due to constantly dying to invisible enemies.

Also had two cases of the "flickering/launch into the sky" bug when I first logged in. After the second reset, didn't have that problem again...

FPS is down as well, not half, but -20fps from normal...
  3. ExcalCk

I also have noticed a performance drop with the most recent patch. The game was running smooth even in high density fighting, but now it's choppy in medium density fights. Also my character selection screen is jacked up with the bottom half being solid black. I'm not sure what happened, but I hope it gets fixed soon.
  4. AltMelodium

Yep, first thing I noticed as soon as I started playing after the patch, significant drop in FPS. Hope it's an error.:confused:
  5. TeknoBug

Yes and as I refer to my previous post in the "main menu UI bug" thread:
  6. Genetic

just spent another hour or so on and noticed that XP from healing is very hit and miss again and the spotting voice is very delayed , getting this kinda performance is not cool ,

i can live with bugs and glitches as its a MMO is a constant flux but performance drops that over half my FPS is not really on.
  7. h2oluver

I finally got on this morning after not having been on much, and the patch loaded. Once in game i noticed a significant FPS drop from what i was previously getting. I was previously getting around 80 fps in warpgate and it would drop to 35-40 in heavy battles. Now I log in and am getting 45-50 fps in warpgate! My setup is as follows:

i5 3570 (OC to 4.3)
    32GB DDR3 G. Skill Sniper
    Gigabyte Z77-UD5H
    3GB Sapphire 7950 Flex edition (OC)
    Intel SSD
    Seems this last patch did something. Not to mention now that after 30 minutes or so in game My screen will just go white and my pc locks up. I have to reboot.
  8. LordMondando

Phenom 2 X4 965 OCed to 3.6
    4gig 1333 DDR3
    EVGA GTX 650 SC

I've core unparked, tweaked my ini to put draw distance down and lumped nearly everything off onto my GPU as is possible.

What im seeing so far is a performance increase of about 10fps from mid 20'ies in 'fights' to mid 30'ies to hitting 40 quite a bit.

I am however now noting a lot more random drops down to the mid teens.
  9. Genetic

i dont want this to turn into a " I did this and that and it improved my fps" type thread , i wanted to make sure it wasnt my PC acting up and as it seems its the game/patch that was at fault i want the higher powers to take note and atleast comfirm/fix the problem
  10. ThiefyMcBackstab

Yep. Last patch messed something up hardcore. My FPS is now 10 higher in large fights, however my screen freezes every 20 seconds or so and then picks up for another 20 seconds and freezes again.. I updated my drivers 310.64 beta and stopped running steam. No more freezes but I still get bad FPS (even though it says 40.. it's lying).

Running
    AMD Phenom X4 965 OCed to 3.6Ghz
    Geforce GTX 570
    16gb of 1333Mhz Ram
    Windows 7(64bit)
    at 1920*1080 res.
  11. Cyridius

Yeah my performance seems to have dropped significantly aswell. -10 to -20FPS or so.
  12. Razeth

game is unplayable as of last night.
  13. TeknoBug

Figured it out, each patch resets the UserOptions.ini settings, redo them if you manually changed graphics settings (including RenderDistance).
  14. Genetic

didnt and have never changed anything in the UserOptions , my machine is more than capable of running this and has done fine up until the last day or so

looking at another thread there's also been some sort of change in the graphics aswell , i thought i was imagining it earlier but something just didnt look right but now someone else has pointed it out i'm thinking theres something wrong there aswell now ,

get it together SOE , did know one tell you its supposed to get better , not worse !
  15. BiggsVIII

Yeah every patch SOE does my performance for this game drops with it confusing seeing as how they said they were "optimizing" it
  16. Neotic

I started this game a few weeks back, at that point i could run the game at acceptable (25) fps in the larger battles, now, it's barely playable in 10v10 battles or higher..

I mean crap, this game taxes my computer way beyond that of skyrim at max (well, minus fxaa)
  17. NDroid

Around the end of beta, I had pretty good performance even on High settings with FPS not dropping below 30 even in high intensity battles and usually staying much higher than that. Ever since launch, I've been seeing a pretty steady decrease in performance, and massive FPS drops to well below 20 at times. When flying the game sometimes begins to stutter and becomes a slideshow, perhaps because it loads a lot of new info. I know the next month or so is dedicated to optimization but so far I'm not seeing much improvement..
    Also, I tried the core unparking suggestion but unfortunately saw no results from that either. Hopefully we'll things will get better soon.
  18. Hashlak

The latest patch today has really screwed things up for me too. Was running perfectly fine and smooth last night :(

Also noticed some strange glitch in my character selection screen now ?? anyone else have this too? Ive tried deleting useroptions.ini but it still there..

[IMG]

No graphical errors in game but serious performance drop since it has been before :-/
  19. LDSJediMaster

Same as everyone else. Game was running fine last night, now it's unplayable. I don't know what my pre-patch FPS was, it ran fine so I never bothered to check, but now I'm rarely over 10 FPS and drop to 5 or lower in battles. I haven't changed any setting outside of the game and I don't particularly want to because I don't think I should have to. The game was running fine, so I'd rather not have to muck around with the stuff in folders seeing how illiterate I am when it comes to that kind of stuff. Hopefully they fix this soon.
  20. Warna Bayangan

I have that too.