Australian Players ONLY 11-23-2012 Diagnostic Testing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Veratu, Nov 22, 2012.

1. kongman

thx for try to work it out guys , yes im like the rest stuck at the loading screen , play not working
  2. JustRiedy

Im less than a year away from NBN now, Can't wait.
    The 3mbps I get now is silly.
  3. GunSlingerAUS

Yep, I'm still having the same problem - hit Play 10 minutes ago, nada. I'll be back later to see if this is fixed.
  4. JJWolf

Not only a thank you for providing an Aussie Server but actually caring enough to fix the issues we are having so quickly. The "Play button bug" is still occurring and there is 6 of us in TS channel all with the same problem on the same server. If it isn't a problem with the Hardware, nor our crappy ISPs, could it be a software (windows server) configuration issue related to the way Aussie ISPs work?
  5. ajc820

Also have the broken 'play' button issue. Glad SOE acknowledge this (at least on the forums) rather than hold to the claim that the issue is fixed when it isn't. Best response to bugs I've seen from a game developer so far.
  6. randalthorr

No luck. Logged in once in-between though, but got kicked from the server and game crashed within a minute of getting into the map, followed by unresponsive 'Play' button.
  7. MajorBam

I doubt it, this is a new bug. Was fine the other day, now noone I know can login.
  8. moondog

Just to clarify, if I start the game and click on the Connery server toon that I have and then click Play, I can get in. If I start the game and click on the Brigg server toon and hit Play, the Play button greys out brifely then re-activates. If I then choose the Connery toon, I can't get into that one either. Something is rotten in the state of toon selection...
  9. Lokyi

Yer, I'd been playing on and off most of the morning fine, then had this issue on Esamir, got that disconnected message, and now can't get back in cos of the Play bug.
  10. jaunty

Was just logged in to Birggs shortly after pressing the Play button, but disconnected approx. 2 minutes later.
  11. Ceezel

I'm annoyed, disappointed and I have reached my tether. I feel embarrassed for SOE in releasing a product, which is clearly not ready for general availability.

I've spent more than $200 on SC, Alpha Squad, Membership and all I've had from Wednesday through to Saturday is broken gameplay and waiting for ongoing game-stopping problems to be resolved.

Like any other product or service there is a responsibility to deliver, free-to-play or otherwise there is still a right of expectation for the consumer.

Can you just imagine if you just bought a brand new shiny product such as a new car/bike/etc and the damn thing wouldn't work for four days? If this ain't working by Monday morning the first thing I'm going to do when I get into my office is call the ACCC and lodge a formal complaint, enough is enough.
    • Up x 1
  12. SvartDjup

I bet you watch Today Tonight religiously.
    • Up x 1
  13. Veratu SOE

Briggs will be coming down in a moment for a hotfix to try and address this issue. The server will go through its standard shutdown sequence (10 minutes), then we will deploy the changes (10-15 minutes) and bring it back up and monitor the results from the changes. We appreciate your patience, I know this is beyond annoying for all of you, but thanks for sticking it out while we work through it.
    • Up x 2
  14. Kyorisu

I love all the people that are just willing to bend over and accept a broken service. If this was a physical product you'd be raising hell. If you don't like people complaining you could try going elsewhere or playing the game...oh wait.
  15. Zek99

No, your situation is that you bought the car then realized there are no roads to drive the car on or there are no petrol stations. You paid for digital products which you received. They are covered in the TOS which you have agreed to.
  16. JustRiedy

No doubt, sheep like him made my life hell while working retail
  17. Veratu SOE

Please keep this thread clean and free of insults. It's really unnecessary. Everyone is frustrated because you all want to enjoy the game, I promise you we understand. We are really working hard to iron this new problem out. Keep in mind that although the symptom you are having may look the same as the last 2 days, it's most definitely not the same problem on the server/code side of things.

Hang tight, we're bringing the world down for some changes.
  18. Tomz

Yet it some cars do have issues on day 1. You don't get a 2nd brand new car, but they make all effort to fix it asap. Pretty much just like what SOE are doing now. Fixing it.

Threatening to call the ACCC won't do a thing if they are making effort to fix the issues.

I'm just glad there is an Aussie server for an MMO!!! :D
    • Up x 1
  19. Ceezel

That's funny, kudos for the smart quip, I'm sure there are more to come.
  20. JustRiedy

Thanks guys, Let's hope this times the charm