Unplayable lag. Yes LAG, internet lag, server lag. Latency.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Baleur, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Kar-Chee

Czech republic - Miller - SOE account

Just as bad as yesterday
    • Up x 1
  2. UltraSexInferno

I actually made a new char on some us east server after that post, latency is fine, everything is fine, performance is much better than eu, have to wait and see what it is like when usa is in prime time but so far it is a much more enjoyable experience.
    • Up x 1
  3. slikts

The game is completely unplayable, and you say it's not broken? What would it take for it to broken in your view? Also, Smed has said the servers appear to be handling the load, not overloaded.
    • Up x 1
  4. McFace

the funny thing is at the moment its not overpop.... there is no queue to get into miller and yet the lag is unbearable.
    • Up x 1
  5. Shazic

It's Thanksgiving, this wont be fixed till next week.
    Better plan for something else the next couple days.
    • Up x 1
  6. Kaskya

I have made a character on:

Lithcorp
    Cobalt
    Mallory

Every one of them has lag issues, with players jumping about, 3 second (or more) delayed damage and Servers not loading characters in early/close enough.

When I was in beta the EU servers were spot on and I was surprised it lived up to its promises and so I bought Alpha Squad. Now I feel like I was f***ing mislead. You practically mis-sold a product to EU consumers to save a buck...well your going to lose out when this gets more and more trashed for the s****y servers.

Fix it, apologies and don't screw out other regions just because they're not yours.
    • Up x 1
  7. KripToN

which server r u playing?? better for change ur server if u think over pop server unplayable =) problem solves.. I play on Soltech with medium Internet Connection with AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 450 Processor and GeForce GT 430 with 4gb RAM + 32 bit win7..
    and i didn't had any problem with lag issue or "broken" problem or what.. maybe sometimes my frame rate lower then i expected but no problem on others
    Ah FYI i lived on Indonesia that had maybe "lowest" internet connection than other country or maybe your country =D
    • Up x 1
  8. BlackSpring

Yeah this is ridiculous, not only is Smedley not acknowledging the issue in some cases he is flat out denying it, he plays last night and says it was fine, well that was once it had calmed down. Then he says many players are not experiencing this issue, well I have not heard ONE player saying they hadn't, the chat on Miller is full of people constantly ranting about it, about how it's unplayable and so on and not ONE person saying the opposite. I spent money on this game. Un****ingbelievable.

Complete ******* turd. I will never invest money into a Sony game again if they do not acknowledge the extent of, and the fix the current issues ASAP.
    • Up x 1
  9. slikts

First off, SolTech is a US East server, but the warping problems are with EU servers. Secondly, the problems occur even while there's no queue and on all EU servers, not just on Miller which is the most populated. Thirdly, people, including me, have already spent SC that is tied to a server, so who's going to pay for it again when switching servers, you? Lastly, PC specs have nothing to do with the issue, it occurs regardless of how good a PC is. For instance, I have a decent gaming rig and a 100 Mbps fiber optics connection, and it's been completely unplayable due to the warping anyway.
    • Up x 2
  10. Turiel =RL=

I am sure that my outfit would play on US East if neccessary, but unfortunately I have spend Station Cash on my EU character on Miller. So I guess, as a customer I should have the right to expect this latency problem to get fixed.
  11. Spoof

VIDEO
    Server: Miller
    Login: SOE account
    Time: 1pm GMT 22 November
    Server load: MEDIUM

This is a small sample of what your EU customers are experiencing since Wednesday evening and it gets a lot worse during battles and at primetime. It's unplayable. And it's unacceptable.

• Up x 1
  12. Xaric

lag can also be your side depending on what server you have connected too please ensure you have connected to a EU server if your in Europe or US east or west if your in those area's thank you :)
  13. Thorvald

The only incident similar to this one during beta, was the time they fiddle on the server and people stopped moving and you could kill them even if they were not really there.

This seems to be a sync problem. Kinda frustating to get killed in secured area because someone else sees you someplace else.
    Friends playing with me were seeing my avatar shooting at some place where I was not.
    What's even more strange, is that I have the highest quality internet connection out of them (fiber connection) while they only have DSL but didn't experience the problem.

Is there anyway to see in game ping and/or Packet Loss ?
    I hope this not an other european war between ISPs like on GW2 (except this time is the role are reversed)
  14. Sardwyn

Yup. Pro7 can do one, frankly. I got smedbucks. His problem. All this jacking around with go talk to Pro7, they look after you blah blah...

Anyone on SOE actually vetted these guys properly? I mean their forum is an exercise in pure frustration. When it works, its just a sea of unanswered questions. No official word from them. Hell even the rep you invited (bollywood?) to the launch announcement looked embarrased to be there.

You seriously want these guys carrying your torch for you in Europe?
    • Up x 1
  15. Shazic

Not sure if serious.
    Thousands of players experiencing this. Multiple threads on the forums with hundreds of people posting their problems, specs, locations, accounts, PC, ISP configs and you still have the guts to pull the "it's your fault" excuse that we get from any other MMO dev 99% of the time?

Consider me impressed.
  16. TermiGR

Any status update from SOE? We can not play - its getting worse! lost 3 vehicles in random explosions (suicide) by just standing there...
  17. VictoryTR

Well I've already spent 5000 SC on Miller so I hope they fix it. I only started having problems when the servers went down and then the queue system seemed to come into place. Weird.
  18. xkSAntiSx

Maybe the problem is this hundreds of aimbot users who want their certs as fast as they can shoot? could it be the problem with pressure on the servers and made all this lags?
  19. Spoof

A rather patronising response that ignores the 500+ posts in several threads all pinpointing the same server and same issue.

In response to other patronising replies regarding 'server load', take a good look at the video I posted a moment ago. The server is under MEDIUM load, no queues.
  20. Slaveofak47

Lyon - France - Miller - SOE account - and with fibre optic

And it's unplayable for me too !