Briggs down for over 12 hours now?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SKYeXile, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Aneja

I can't say this is not unusual since the game just came out, but I certainly hope this is not going become a usual thing if they want us to spend money on their game. (I will probably spend money either way).

Though to play devils advocate here; I would guess they are using monkeys to run their Australian server farm currently and said monkeys have began disassembled the servers with their bare hands in search of treats.
  2. Maxi'sProteinPowder

Thats what BETA was for!!! We've all done this, there is no point! That's even more of a grind then this game already is going to be! If you keep starting other characters on other servers you'll burn out and be over the game!
  3. SKYeXile

it could potentially mean the premature death of the AU server if this continues, the population is scarce enough but last night you just alienated the majority of your AU player base with not been able to play day 1 primetime at all, if its down tonight you can bet those people that were debating between US west and AU will now go US west and not look back, the others will simply quit. not to mention anybody who thought they might checkout the game probably also just made a character on US west because the server is stated as server locked, they have no idea WTF it means...hell i have no idea what it means. this **** needs to be up by 3pm today or you may aswell just shut the whole thing down, also you might want to contact Guinness world records, i think you just took the record for longest server downtime.
    • Up x 1
  4. Sl0th

Has it even been up once since 11 last night cause I gave up and went to be or has it been down the whole time?
  5. Deathsticks

Hey at least they have an Australian server, early beta i was pretty much positive i would never get to enjoy the awesomeness of playing on a local server without the 200 ms latency of sending my **** across the pacific ocean, sure it was playable but it pales in comparison to playing on our own local server. Yes it sucks, trust me everyones just as frustrated as you, but just wait it out, they don't have the server down because they hate you personally, they have them down to fix their **** and give us the best play experience possible.
  6. Maxi'sProteinPowder

down the whole time bro!
  7. Rockman

Smed did tweet they are working on issues on Briggs this morning. But yes they should make a sticky with update information.
  8. Sl0th

Someone needs to start fisting someone and get this bad boy up
  9. Faetan

This 100% SOE need to fix this now or they may as well just turn the Aussie server off, everyone will start rolling other chracters on other servers and it will become a ghost town. I refuse to roll an alt on an American server I will get burnt out and just frustrated more than anything, not that I am not already.
  10. Maxi'sProteinPowder

AWESOME playing experience Deathsticks been constantly walking back and forth to my fridge and PC waiting for this piece of crap to come up for like 13 hours now! i feel like yanking the chain thats how wrapped i am!
  11. Rossinna-Sama

I'd say... calm down, it will be up eventually...

but the lack of updates is sort of annoying. As a gamer, I do like knowing what is the cause of the problem.

I'm tempted to make a US west char like I had on the beta, but... I've sort of gotten used to having bullets actually land where I'm pointing... Ever tried dogfighting under lag conditions?

Not to mention, I've already spent I think 6k SC so far on my Aus char, would rather that not have been a waste of money.
  12. Sexx

what did you eat?
  13. Maxi'sProteinPowder

Pretty much everything in the fridge! i was upset LOL
    • Up x 2
  14. Faetan

LOL
  15. MajorBam

Everyone needs to keep their cool. Everyone is a bit emotional right now, and even calling for the server to be axed if it continues, which imho is a bit dramatic.

It's a free game - if you've boosts on launch day you're an idiot (you can be forgiven if this is your first mmo launch). MMOs always have problems on launch day and sometimes up to weeks afterwards - it happens. Unfortunately PS2 just appears to have one of the worst ones I've noticed.

It's a free game, don't use your boosts until server stability is good. Aussie server will be back when it's ready, and at that point we can all continue killing each other ;)
  16. Rossinna-Sama

Guess it's time to start on the freezers contents then, eh?

That isn't the problem. The problem is that most Australians will simply go to the US server and stay there if issues keep persisting on the AUS one. We ain't known for our patience. Our women and shrimps on the barbie, yes, but not our patience.

Though I've never known why people throw prawns on a barbie doll...
  17. Deems

I will still play on Briggs.
  18. Maxi'sProteinPowder

Four & Twenty pie and a sausage roll already in the oven :)
  19. SKYeXile

they should have the full tech back onstite now at the AU datacentre, if this is a hardware problem id expect it to be fixed soon, if it was a coding problem, It should have been fixed already since this should have been the top priority, BY HEAPS....
  20. ^Obe

from twitter,

"we are working on the Australian server working out some issues with it."
    by John Smedley about an hour ago

i know its not a forum update but they are keeping us in the loop, somewhat :( .