PEOPLE WITH poor FPS please post full system spec.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by direwind, Nov 21, 2012.

1. GlowingPotato

And how people complain about 30 fps at large battles?!?!! HOW ?

it is definitely playable. NOW 19 isn't.
    • Up x 3
  2. Fightar

You'll also notice that if you walk around by yourself, the smaller the area to be rendered or less players to be shown, the greater the gpu usage. If I'm by myself or standing in a smaller room, my gpu usage will always be 90-99%. The moment another player shows up or I have to render a larger area, the gpu usage will tank to around 50-60%.

Call me crazy, but shouldn't that be working the other way around?
  3. Toxicmix1

NO !!!!!!!!! 30 fps is not playable !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. TSR-JoshuaM Customer Service

We appreciate all of the feedback and if anyone has any direct questions for me regarding troubleshooting or tweaking settings to get more performance, I'll be here all day.

As for large battles and FPS dips, optimizations to the game is always ongoing. Nvidia users who have not already done so, get the latest driver set as it has specific enhancements for PlanetSide 2. The latest drivers from AMD may also have game specific optimizations. This does not mean that the issue is on your end, or entirely on ours, but with both sides working towards improving the situation (better drivers, better code, better game optimizations) we can get to where we all need to be to enjoy the game to it's fullest.
    • Up x 2
  5. GlowingPotato

Can you tell me why the game isn't consuming all my resources and my FPS still 19 at large battles ?

Phenom II x4 955 @ 3.8 60% load during heavy fights
    6GB ram
    GTX 570 40-50& load during entire game (last beta drivers)
  6. Toxicmix1

thank´s for your answer Joshua

the key thing for performance in this game is the cpu utilization.....tell the DEV team to focus on this issue....
  7. Fightar

Please don't patronize us with scripted responses. The issue is ENTIRELY on your end. This is not debatable nor is it new information. It's the same thing that's been said during the entire beta. And it's an issue that affects every player.

If you do not make this a very top priority, or at the very least respond in an honest manner, you will lose most of your players in a very short amount of time.
  8. Toxicmix1

the thing is, you guys are using very old solutions for an almost 2013 game........we need dx11......not because of the visual, but because of performance, dx11 can take much more advantage of modern day hardware

the genious ho decide to make this game in such an old solutions, shoul be fire
  9. aa3smit

Intel 3570k
    Nvidia 670gtx oc
    8gb ram
    25-40 fps
  10. cammey

AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    AMD 2GB HD 6950 Series
    Windows 7 Home 64 bit
    Creative Fatality
    8GB ddr3
    128gb SSD

I'd be happy with 20 fps in small fights!currently 1-5 fps in tiny small fights or near any place with more 2 people, haven't seen such awful fps since trying to play newish games on old tech 15 years ago.
    Im shocked they optimised the game in such a backwards dumb way.
    • Up x 1
  11. GoldenThunder

First: 30 is playable (just about), >= 60 fps is good.

FPS: 30-40
    settings: medium/high (doesn't make a difference, even after restart)

System:
    Intel i7 920 @ 2.8GHz
    24 GB DDR3 RAM
    2 x AMD Radeon 5870 1GB in crossfire
    GPU drivers: 12.10 (newest, 12.11 only in beta)
  12. Hatamoto

The HUD is eating 5-10 fps depending on situation, think i mentioned that 20 times during beta without any response ... just thinking this could be fairly "easy" to deal with to give people some much needed huge combat fps.
  13. Toxicmix1

NO !!!!!!!!! 30 fps is not playable !!!!!!!!!!!!!.........try to play as an assault with crappy 30 fps

fast engagement and shooting, quick directions changes, jumps and shooting....try that with a crappy 30 fps......
  14. GODBACON

Specs below... I get about 10-15 FPS in massive fights on Matt server on Med settings with a couple ones high.
    Piss poor optimization at the moment.
  15. Oldcoot

had no problem with fps the entire time through beta...log in after release and coudn't do much other than just stand there...it was that bad. After 3 minutes..logged off...so glad this is not something I had to buy.
  16. GODBACON

This is so sad. We have similar rigs and I'm sure they cost us over $3000, yet we are getting owned in FPS by casual 1 hour gamer rigs.
  17. Allioth

AMD X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz
    8GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 460

14 - 19 FPS during fights
  18. ProTraX

Windows 7 64bit
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Phantom Overclocked
    AMD Phenom II X6 1045T @ 3,4GHz
    GeiL 8 Gb DDR3 @ 1700 MHz

20-30 FPS in zones with many players. Medium Settings
  19. BomBaKlaK

So I get between 30 and 70 FPS in Low with a whole new massive config ..... what a fail !

i7 3820 - 4,6 Ghz (OC)
    16Go ram Corsair Dominator
    GTX 680 Asus Top (OC)
    Rampage IV Extreme
    SSD OCZ agility 3

and even with this config the game is really not fluid and playable in good conditions .... all in low with 80% of the render quality.
    I can't even imagine the lower config ..... gonna play with 20 FPS .... and all the guys who play in high or medium with 20FPS make me laught :p
  20. plat0nic

\You're saying this like I don't f'ing know I'm on a laptop.. Thanks for the headsup man, I was wondering why it was so small and compact.

The video card and the CPU both benchmark a lot higher than machines I'm seeing pulling off twice the framerates and then we have people with rigs that are 5 times more powerful than mine pulling the exact same performance issues.. Dont' tell me this is hardware related cause that's not the excuse for 10-12 fps in the Warpgate now and 4-5 in a fight