PEOPLE WITH poor FPS please post full system spec.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by direwind, Nov 21, 2012.

1. electrickrypt

I think a lot of you people have their PCs that are not configured and optimized for peak performance. My custom PC that I built, configured, and optimized runs PS2 pretty well. Information in my signature.
  2. GlowingPotato

lol ? pretty well ? not sure if is trolling ....
  3. Toxicmix1

well, in my case, my computer is only for gaming, nothing else, and believe me, is fully optimize for gaming......
  4. electrickrypt

I average around 30+ FPS. Yes, I believe that is pretty good with my current setup at max settings. How is that trolling? :/
  5. Udon

PS2 Still doesn't use multicore processors very well. It's better than it was in beta but the bulk of the time is still limited to one core. This means that having a few fast cores is going to give you much better performance than having a bunch of slower cores.

My i7-2600K running at 4.5Ghz with a Nvidia 560 TI card shows as being GPU bound when I press alt-f and gives me pretty consistent 50+ fps which is acceptable to me. However if you look at the pre-core utilization there is one highly used core and the rest used to much lesser extent. Even though the game says I'm GPU bound I might try upping the speed to 5Ghz and see what happens because I still think that mega thread could use a little more headroom.
  6. SJ_Wolf

Look at my PC, now look at yours, Now look back my PC. See how much better it is than yours? Now look at your performance, see where it is? now look back mine? Where should mine be?
    • Up x 3
  7. Sanguinary

All I'm going to add to this is; have you taken into account the number of extra players that have started playing since it went live? More skin rendering, more GFX, more consumption in general, ideally there is going to be some slight (maybe more than slight) drop in performance considering the population jump.
  8. Fiadro

20 fps in hotspots (unplayable) (beta was 30 FPS same settings)
    1080p
    everything on low

specs in signature
  9. F U P S

I've invested too much money to be getting the results I'm getting from this game.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
    INTEL i7-3770k 3.9Ghz
    DDR3 16gb Ram

This is completely unacceptable, and this issue needs to be ADDRESSED.
  10. Fightar

You're not trolling, you just don't know what you're talking about. I too "average" about 30 fps in game as well, if you count in times spent standing at the warpgate or running around by myself. The problem is that everyone "averages" 30 fps regardless of their pc specs. And most people, and probably yourself included if you actually bother to look at your frames, tank hard into the 20's or even 10's during very large fights, unless they have such an overkill sli system that even low gpu and cpu usage will still allow them to have 40 fps during enormous fights. Testing has found that the various fixes and changing the graphics options does nothing to improve frames during these times.

Basically, your frames in a large battle will be the exact same on the lowest settings as they are on the highest. This is not a hardware or user related issue as literally EVERY SINGLE PLAYER currently has this problem. Anybody telling you they run the game perfectly is either lying or they haven't actually bothered to look at their frames during a large fight.

Asus 18.5 inch monitor @ 1366x768
    i5 680 3.6ghz
    8 gig memory
    geforce gtx 650 ti
  11. electrickrypt

I can understand that. Though, I am still missing where I am supposedly trolling just because I feel that my system runs the game fine.
  12. Fiadro

game is based on DX9 technology and it sux bad, game needs a serious tweeking
  13. SJ_Wolf

It runs fine given your systems performance ceiling. Myself and many others have performance ceilings several times higher than yours. We should not be having similar performance to you.
  14. HumsterMKX

1055T @3.8Ghz
    4GB rams
    Game install in Intel 80GB SSD

Framerates average between 35fps to 15fps

Playing at 1920x1080 Most settings at max.
  15. GlowingPotato

If my resources were fully utilized, and my FPS was about 19-30, then the only solution would be to throw money at the problem.

But, since my CPU is getting 50% -60% load and my GPU about 40% - 50%, means that money isn't the solution.
  16. Toxicmix1

this man speak the true!!!!!!

Sony......we need fully multithreading support......you guys are not making the homework very well !!!!!!!!!! you will loose players.....getting 30 frames in large battles is pathetic!!!

All this problems are being caused by the bad cpu utilization !!!
  17. Shadestrike

intel i3 at 3.30ghz
    8 gig RAM
    GEFORCE 560ti Nvidia GPU
    1TB harddrive, unknown RPM.

I get 25-35 FPS in large fights, 45-50 in small fights, 60 flat while flying regardless of fight size.
    I also get 40 frames in small fights with tanks, dropping down to 10 frames in larger fights.
  18. HumsterMKX

My CPU is at 40%+ and my GPU at 50%+ ram @89%

Its really odd....

The game don;t seem to be using cpu and gpu fully.
  19. Redwing1UK

My PC isnt much but i played beta fine even in large battles. now i can hardly move.also everything small like my resolution has been turned up I played on LOW before and again everything was fine now i can hardley see the chat box heath ect.

Windows 8 Pro
    AMD Phenom 11 x4 955 3.2ghz
    4GB ram
    ATI Radeon HD 9450

As i say its no super rig but ive been playing beta fine since day 1 the only thing that has changed is windows 8
  20. Shadestrike

It's actually terrible. With your specs you should be capping 40-45 at all times. The thing is, nobody is getting the performance their machines should be providing.