rebalance infiltrators

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VeryCoolMiller, May 6, 2019.

1. TR5L4Y3R

matter of coordination and skill :p ... ...
  2. pnkdth

Just did and only the TSAR was there... 3rd from the bottom and now it disappeared entirely. Sooooo, imma just ignore away. Good luck.
  3. Skraggz

I've checked that page a couple times now since being posted and the only thing I see is a pistol here and there that infil could use. Usually the list is populated with carbines and lmg... but we knew that was gonna happen.
  4. Skraggz

Stand corrected tsar is on list now hovering at 4-5, still being out shined by lmg, not sure it will stay on the list though.
  5. Hegeteus

It pops by there because while everyone is nagging here due to their own failures, Mentis is probably out there shooting heads as we speak.
    • Up x 1
  6. Sobdude

That was low server population atm.
  7. Exileant

o_O I can agree with most of that, save for the shotgun comment. :confused: I have yet to see a shotgun (other than a Jackhammer's burst) bring someone down 1HK style... (This includes Turret mounted versions), ;) Unless they are a basic low level characters; with no upgrades to speak of. So shotguns to me are just fine where they are. Lastly, Vanu has a Full auto Battle rifle, if you want one. :( The feature completely ruins the gun, :p but we have it.
  8. Exileant

:D Hahaha! I hate them so much I do not even drive them; o_O and mine are maxed out to the point of ripping holes in the fabric of reality where ever the tires make contact with dirt...

:eek: But to your point of your view on infiltrators, I 100% agree. o_O I would also like to add, that even the ones that make it past the RANDOM low level light assault out of nowhere with the Buckshot Biscuit Burner, (You know, the 3 B's...) :confused: the MINUTE you get a kill, even though nobody is looking, they usually all turn around at once, when that friendly dot vanishes from their radar...
  9. Campagne

I'd just like to point out that the thread turned from a discussion to a person attack on my character.

Ya' know, just saying, for if and when that continues.
  10. Skraggz

When you lack an argument on subject matter just resort to belittling some one... debating 101
    • Up x 2
  11. Scroffel5

Sobdude, I just checked today. Snipers aren't even on the list today. Legit C4 is the second highest used weapon, with 603 kills as the time of me writing this. Also, you have to compile data across servers, not just on one server. Actually VA39 Spectre is on the list. The 18th most used weapon, at 202 kills, but that is still less than the other weapons by quite a lot. And now it is gone. Just got beat out with the Gauss Saw at 204.
  12. Scroffel5

Infiltrators as snipers are fine. I see no actual evidence or logic to prove that they aren't. As I have said before, I am not trying to be right. I am trying to be proven wrong. If any rebalance to Infiltrators is necessary, I think it shouldn't affect the cloaks, because those are perfectly fine, except for stalker. I think that if your eye is good enough, you should be able to see them. Otherwise you have to (A) wait for them to attack you so you can attack back, (B) spot them running, or (C) dump 100 certs into a dark light so they will cower in fear of your very presence. I don't think it is fair to make someone use their hard earned certs to counter a class.

I think, to cater to these idiots (no offense) here complaining without valid evidence that the class is unbalanced, op, and easy to play, they should still let Infiltrators use CQC weapons, such as low magnification sniper rifles, scout rifles, and battle rifles as a primary with the Hunter Cloak equipped, but take SMGs away. That is the crux of the argument for those Infiltrators, ignoring CQC snipers, which, in this thread, have only recently been complained about. Maybe we could add SMGs as an ASP perk instead, to cater to those who still like SMG Infiltrators. I don't really see people complaining about LMG secondaries, shotgun secondaries, or battle rifle secondaries, so I don't think there would be a problem to earn that playstyle. It would then force the newer players that start to come to the game to learn how to use an Automatic Scout Rifle if they want an automatic weapon for their Hunter Infiltrator. That would give Auto Scout Rifles more use, maybe make people vouch for buffs to them, and then we can rejoice in the power of ASRs. Then, when they get to be Battle Rank 100, they can get SMGs. That may solve the problem, but reply if I am missing something. If all of that happens and Auto Scout Rifles become viable weapons, they may start getting updates, we may get some faction specific ones, and by the time people are getting the ASP perk for SMGs, there may be a better fix.
  13. Sobdude

14. Skraggz

Best part about this is your crafting a narrative. How many of those lmgs are newbs and how many use Orion or ns-15 because they are just good weapons. I need more proof, I need to know how many are newbs and are not, how many are on a smurfs account and are not... this is important info if you are gonna say those guns dont count. I am willing to bet they are not used by JUST the newbs.

Hand crafted narratives, silly.

Seems your metric of what is op and what is not is flawed. You even crossed out naginata NSX-p... which was a give out awhile back.

Also its getting to be Emeralds Prime.... yet none of those rifles are on the charts ¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  15. Sobdude

There are more than 130 infantry guns in this game. But only starters, very good (or even OP as Betelgeuse) AND close range BASRs consistently hits the list. While you can explain, as you want and how you want, why starter weapons are in the list, you will be struggling to find any explanation, other then: these weapons are OP, why close-BASRs are there. From all 130+ weapons in game every day they are in the list.

I've already told why i excluded NS weapons and stuff like C4:
  16. Skraggz

At the end of the day, you are cherry picking to try and paint a narrative. The only reason people buy the tsar is because it's the only bolt that allows cqc, while any lmg puts bullets down range so you dont gain much of a special feature.

Use x list to show weapons being used but dont use y data on list because it's not supportive to my point.
  17. Hereyagoboom

I can see your point and you're right. There is a difference though, if he gets the drop on me when I'm alone that's one thing, but in a Biolab watching one running through a mob dropping multiple players with no reload via knife spam is an entirely different thing.
  18. Scroffel5

That literally does nothing to prove your point. The Commissioner is on par with those weapons, and it is a secondary. The highest weapons are carbines and assault rifles and lmgs, so I don't get how that proves your point.
    • Up x 1
  19. Scroffel5

He was right to a degree, but the thing is that the OHK knife can kill you anywhere on your body, while with the sniper, you have to hit the head.
  20. Skraggz

But, but, but.... "YoU CaN't CoUnT ThOsE cAuSe StArTeR WeApOnS aNd Ns WeApOnS" The fact that those starter weapons are almost always 3x more kills ahead of the rifles he takes issue with says a lot, not to mention sometimes the rifle isn't even on the list. He had to edit the picture just to portray his "point".