L O L ADVANCED SHIELD CAPACITOR TOTALLY USELESS NOW

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CapEnTrade, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CapEnTrade

Not that many used it before the somewhat recent patch... but boy is it completely useless, please remove it and give us our certs back. The former iteration was better.
    • Up x 2
  2. CapEnTrade

The max level only yields a 1 second reduction in regeneration time. Absolutely worthless.
  3. Sazukata

Please make your signature less obnoxious.

Unnecessary politics (even joke politics) and the cancer that was Flipnote Hatena is distracting me from agreeing with you.
    • Up x 4
  4. Halkesh

I still use it on my heavy when i'm using resist shield.
    But indeed, ASC should be better to be competitive with flak armor / nanowave armor.
  5. Lord_Avatar

Is that official, or a possible bug?
  6. CapEnTrade

It's in the patch notes.
  7. Sazukata

I'm still not entirely certain of the usage of "snowflake". Could you explain it?

Anyways: my post was meant to be more humorous than inflammatory, so maybe I should've toned it down. Point stands, though.
  8. LtBomber1

I also want to see ASC buffed. Before i could "tag-damage" a player, retreat, get the shield up and finish him, now this is much harder. The ASC is hardly competeive to nano now.

I like the overall change with shields recharging faster for everyone, jet i wish ASC would just improve this further, like it did. One will still loose a 1 vs 1 vs a nano user, but at leat you can outplay them again.
  9. Demigan

Doesn't anyone realize that the old ASC was almost as worthless?
    By the time you finished recharging your shield, your opponent would be halfway recharghing his shields as well. You had two or three shots of extra shield at maximum at any point in time, and only if you attacked while your shield was already charging because the moment you finish charging your opponent will be gaining on you. Additionally if your opponent is wearing Nanoweave each shieldpoint he gains will count for 20% more than yours, reducing your advantage even further and all the remaining health will also add extra effective health.

Better to simply have a 20% damage reduction from the get-go. The advantage is there at any point in the fight, rather than only when you recharge your shields, and if you have your shield shot off and then recharge it you have a higher chance to have more health left and a higher amount of health blocked with the ability than with ASC.
    • Up x 2
  10. pnkdth

Good players(or better than the opposition) could make use of it to decrease times between engagements. If you have medic, med kits, regen implant it was even better. It was my standard loudout for most since these extra few seconds makes all the difference. It might be due to having played VS for a long time though and most weapons(unless HA, of course) tend to have low DPM and fast reloads. In that way, the old version of the ASC made a lot of sense and shaped my play style.

Indeed, when using NW I often got frustrated in how long it felt for the shield to get back up.

Needless to say, I'm not terribly happy about this random change.
  11. Liewec123

signed, always annoying when someone posts 3 times and you've got to scroll a mile down the page...
    i don't care what sigs contain, go wild with the political BS, but sigs should be small.
    • Up x 1
  12. stalkish

Could just disable signatures in your preferences, not exactly an ideal solution but it avoids all the crap.

P.S i personally dislike gifs or vid clips in a sig, sigs should be just that, a signature, not a video. ;)
  13. FateJH

In case, Liewec123 doesn't know, check the general "Preferences" option from your account screen, on the left side near the bottom of the list. It's an opt-in checkbox with label "Show people's signatures with their messages."
  14. LtBomber1

ASC was not worthless. You could do hit n run, since you had advantage of 4 to 6 seconds.
    Peak, shoot, trade some shots, then run/jetpack (jetpack prefered) to cover, go out after 6 sec (close to full), again, repeat. Also reduced reengegement time.
    The trick was to loose both shields (yours and enemies one) in a first contact, but be faster at 100% than your enemy, and trade another face-to-face blow and win. Now, since the recharge starts almost equally, and his shieldpoints are 20% more worth than ASC ones, ASC is nerfed into the ground.
    • Up x 1
  15. Liewec123

i know you can disable all sigs, but sometimes they can be funny and entertaining, i'd rather people just know to not go overboard.
    surely when their sig fills the screen they should realise that they're kinda overdoing it... :p
    • Up x 1
  16. Pikachu

[IMG]

Not to mention that most of the time players are either too close or too far for the shield regen speed to matter. Entere the same room and spray, or burst firing on each other 100m away with lots of cover around.
    • Up x 1
  17. Pat22

Before; shield recharge delay is 10 seconds, shield recharge rate is 4 seconds, total of 14 seconds to go from 0 to full shields. ( 10s delay + 4s charge )

After; shield recharge delay is 6 seconds, shield recharge rate is 6 seconds, total of 12 seconds to go from 0 to full shields. ( 6s delay + 6s charge )

ASC before; reduces recharge delay by 4 seconds, total of 10 seconds to go from 0 to full shields. ( 6s delay + 4s charge )

ASC now; reduces recharge RATE to 3 seconds. total of 9 seconds to go from 0 to full shields. ( 6s delay + 3s recharge )

Despite the fact that it does give more than a 1-second improvement on recharge speed, it is still weaker than the old one for 2 reasons;

- Old ASC would refill your shields before your opponent would even start regenerating his. Now both you and the enemy begin recharging at the same time.

- Old ASC provided a 4 second faster-than-normal full recharge, new ASC only provides a 3-second improvement over standard recharge.

However, since the full shield recharge rate is still 1 second faster than before with the same recharge delay, you do technically recover from a vulnerable state faster.

Basically, any argument for ASC in a 1v1 died, but it is now slightly better for skilled players going from one engagement to the next rapidly.

Still a nerf overall.

Time to have fun with a silly adrenaline pump + catlike + safe fall build.
    • Up x 2
  18. CapEnTrade

I don't like doing this, but I demand a buff or my certs back.
  19. Biff!

High risk - high reward!

Tower flights with Safe Fall (HA or LA) and a shotgun are just godlike! Nothing like just dropping off of a playform behind a group of the enemy, flash or conc nade on the way down and then emptying your mag into their backs :)
  20. Liewec123

agreed, seems like everything is getting thermal'd now adays,
    drastically changed to be fairly worthless but we're not getting refunds.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.