[Suggestion] Total class rework

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Icehole1999, Apr 22, 2017.

1. velie12

First about the knives: they are for extremely short range, like when an enemy runs into you, they are really effective then. You can just press middle mouse button to use your knive quickly, so I dont see any reason to remove them.

Second about the cloak: You havent stated why they should be removed, many people use it and have no problems with it.

Third about fusing classes: This would make tactical squad management a bit harder, since the classes can do more and have more different loadouts, you have to micromanage their loadouts as well. Furthermore Removing Maxes is also a bad idea they're force multipliers like tanks, they cost recources, removing them will remove certain tactics from the game.

Fourth about the medics/support getting no XP from kills: this will reduce the amount off people willing to play this class, alot of people play medic to use certain weapons(for example assualt rifles).

Fifth about the current system not making sense to you: You havent really stated why it doesn't make sense to you. The current system makes more sense to me than your proposed system.

Finally: Maybe you should play a bit more before you suggest such changes, I dont think you can say that much about the game after only a few weeks, since some aspects of the game have a fairly steep learning curve.
    • Up x 1
  2. Icehole1999

Steep learning curve? Once you have played one SOE (that's right I said SOE) game you've played them all. Actually it's a gaming trend that's not exclusive to any one company. It's a pattern. Only takes a couple games and you'll see it.

Step 1. Get game to work fairly well

Step 2. Replace dev team

Step 3. Monetize the ever living **** out of the game.

Step 4. Announce that you're increasing TTK

Step 5. Offer cash shop items through RNG that reduce TTK

Step 6. F2P players quit

Step 7. Game folds.

See? Not here even three weeks and I already see which way the wind is blowing.

You can talk down to me all you want but in the end it changes nothing.

This game needs an enema.

Nobody cares about the lore. There is no real objective. No tangible winning or losing.

Really, this game is like a cross between CoD and "Who's Line is it Anyway?"

Welcome back to Planetside 2 where the story's made up and the outcome doesn't matter.
  3. velie12

There are various playstyles, you can't have possibly mastered them all in 3 weeks.
    And now you start talking about something very different. This was about the classes. Do you think merging classes would solve the problem you state above? I don't think so. I wasn't talking about their marketing model when I said you should play the game more before making such suggestions.
    • Up x 3
  4. Icehole1999

I'll tell you what. When I get home from work I'll get on my laptop and I will show you that I indeed have figured out the most effective way to play each class in only 3 weeks. It wasn't hard. This game lacks any depth.
  5. Demigan

I can't wait! I want to see how you handle each class! Keep in mind that you have to do them all:
    HA with LMG (once cqc, once Mid, once long range). HA with SMG. HA with shotgun (once for each type as they play differently). HA in AV mode.
    LA with different range Carbines. LA with SMG. LA with all 3 types of shotgun. LA in AV mode, and ofcourse each of these versions with all 3 different jumpjets.
    You get the idea. Stalker and normal cloak with its various weappns, Engineer, vehicle combat... Its going to take 3 weeks just to go passed these properly.
  6. Eternaloptimist

Are we past the knives thing now and on to Medic bashing? OK then.

My experience is that you can find an idiot playing any class.There does not appear to be any shortage.

You can also find any class not aware of what is going on around them for perfectly good reasons- the only difference is when you need something from them (heal, rezz, repair, ammo) it is annoying.

On the flip side I have put myself at risk, and sometimes paid the price, to try to rezz a planetman who does not accept.

I tend to play whichever class seems to be most needed for the battle I have chosen to join and I get stackloads of xp from heals, rezzes and some kills when I run medic (without joining a squad unless I get an invite to a pubby squad). The amount of xp is a reasonable proxy for how much support has been given.

Same thing with Engie - I often kill as many with AP mines as with the carbine.....and the resupply and (Max) repair xp is amazing
    • Up x 1