How much would a Planetside anime cost?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sebastian oscar post, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diilicious

ugh, it doenst auto merge posts in quick succession.
  2. sebastian oscar post

like Nanite Systems?:D
  3. Endlave

I have never seen a forum format that actually does that, though that would be neat.

On topic, while I would love to see a planetside anime, it would be far too expensive for Daybreak to make a quality one. Plus, they would likely have to ask a Japanese studio to do it since they would have no experience whatsoever. These studios would either ruin it by making whatever they want to the franchise to suit Japanese tastes (in other words: filling it with nothing but fanservice) or they would just do a half ***** job while asking for too much money since it would be a job done for filthy gaijins who shouldn't know the difference anyway.
  4. sebastian oscar post

there'd be studios that'd make it like the good old animes with the core Planetside feel wouldn't there?
  5. Kristan

If only they would ask Madhouse studio we would see some serious nanites.

Though PS2 will be long dead when they finish it. :rolleyes:
  6. sebastian oscar post

Doesn't madhouse only do movies?
  7. Kristan

OPM was TV series. Though only 12 episodes. For now.
  8. sebastian oscar post

you think those guys would do a good job?
  9. Kristan

*shrugs*
    I have poor anime experience. But as far as I've seen Redline and OPM they do high quality stuff. But it taking quite long to make. And not sure if that's kind of style that PS2 might require.
  10. sebastian oscar post

i'd gladly wait 7 months for a high quality show instead of trash being forced onto me.
  11. Diilicious

Quite a few other forums I visit do this

12. Kristan

But actually some people tried to do 3D animation about PS2. Were pretty short but good.

• Up x 2
  13. RainbowDash9

how about instead of blowing everything they just made on a full blown anime, they do a short series like how Ojisan and marshmallow is? short 3-4 minute long episodes, basically doing 3-4 jokes or whatever and bam credits. better than nothing...

Then for characters and voices they could do contests or some shizz and have actual player names and maybe even actual players voicing themselves (for those swag proxy chat gags).

Sure itd be a glorified youtube series but itd be fun, bring publicity (maybe) and generally bring the community closer to the devs and the game they play.

Or, Plan B, Say **** the devs, and do it ourselves the exact same way lol
  14. TheMightyGomora

Yeah. I honestly thought that the ones responsible for the event that started the war had to either be the Vanu or Nanite Systems.

Vanu mostly because they could have used it as a distraction to buy them more time.
    However, I feel that NS would fit in much more, exploiting the tensions between the NC and TR and then profit of the war they had caused and pointed the finger to the other.
  15. HomicideJack

Weeb alert.
    • Up x 2
  16. Diilicious

what genre would you have it? and which faction would you have it from the perspective of?

lots of fanservice from VS infiltrators??
  17. sebastian oscar post

i'd have it an Action-Adventure of course! and instead of from the view of one faction, it'd be from the perspective of a bunch of awol troopers from different factions and sides of the war.
  18. Diilicious

would you have the game mechanics like people made of nanites and respawning etc?

what continent would it be on?
  19. sebastian oscar post

alright, here's a list of things i want in this thing:
    1. 3 hour respawn time
    2. ammo for the medical applicators and repair guns
    3. Navel combat
    4. HART
    5. Battle islands such as Nexus, Ascension, Desolation and Extinction
    6. Ishundar
    7. Forseral
    8. Cyssor
    9. Ceryshen
    10. Searhus
    11. Solsar
    12. Oshur Prime
    13. The Bastion fleet carrier
    14. The Phantasm
    15. A diverse range of empire specific vehicles
    16. The New Conglomerate cave cities
    17. The Terran Republic Capitol
    18. The Vanu Sovereignty moon-tropolis
    19. Orbital platforms
    20. BFRs
    21. Space combat
    22. Command Up-link Device (CUD)
    23. Force Blade
    24. Artillery
    25. The Kaorr desert region
    26. The Amerish farming towns
    27. Wildlife: [IMG]
    28. Plasma grenades
    29. Orbital strikes
    30. The Vanu Sovereignty Throne (Royal House of Auraxis)
    31. The Terran Republic Overwatch
    32. The New Conglomerate Revolutionary Command
    33. Auraxium strip-mining towns
    34. Underwater submarine factory's off the coast of Esamir
    35. Volcanic seismic research base in the super-volcano on Searhus
    See what i mean? with a animated show we can do pretty much anything! :D
  20. lsp1

Anime is gay, how old are you? Like ten years old? What kind of adult watches cartoons. Creepy basement dwellers most likely.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.