[Suggestion] Nothing has changed, Resist still dominates.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jan 14, 2016.

1. DarkJackal

Going off to-kill numbers isn't the way to balance infantry combat. The thing that needs to be discussed is what sort of tactical momentum do we want infantry combat to take place in and what we expect them to achieve. After all, you have MAX Suits that run faster than Usain Bolt in a sprint of which I had the pleasure of one running directly at me, wading past everyone else for that matter, just to knock me out of my perch. While I am grateful for all the flowers that action represented, it is not the way to go with infantry combat IMHO if we want Heavy Assault to be lead footed troops of the pack that is supposed to be the spearhead of an assault.
  2. TheFlamingLemon

Yes but with the other two, you don't take damage while your movement is reduced. You're only easier to hit for whatever period of time you are invincible. With resist, however, you're easier to hit throughout the fight, so it's a valid downside.
  3. Jeslis

I am so VERY confused by your math.. you're saying *take a 100 dmg hit*... but then you're subtracting some random number that isnt 100, which invalidates all of your math.
    • Up x 1
  4. Scr1nRusher

What the **** are you talking about?

You do take damage with the other shield types, when the shield goes down(which it does quicker now) you take damage.
  5. Crayv

Weren't people complaining about how a HA would activate his shield AFTER they ambush him? Resist is the weakest in that regard so it really what the nerf criers seem to want.
  6. Gundem

Uh...

RS For NMG it's -100.

For NMG+NW, it's minus 75 per hit(Since he's using lvl 3 NW in his math, the most cost effective level of the slot).

For RS, it's taking into account how much HP you'd have after being hit the specified number of times before activating your shield.
  7. Scr1nRusher

Which is really hilarious when you consider most HA's run Resist, which means most complaints are coming from Resist Shield.
  8. Saokeh

Again...No it isn't. If you are losing to a "professional HA" with Resist shield, it isn't just because he has more HP than you. It's because he has better aim and/or you didn't exploit his weakness. NMG and AS Had ZERO weakness outside of out having a better Headshot Ratio than said Heavy. Resist shield is Flank-able and penalized doing so. NMG or AS is not other than it having straight Effective HP increase.
  9. Jubikus

i suppose but it seems a bit gimmicky. they all seems fairly close you can use RS with flak to get well rounded damage reduction and the other 2 can be run with nanoweave armor to get higher effective healthpools for those 1 on 1 exchanges.
  10. Jubikus

How do we know most heavys run Resist shield?
    • Up x 1
  11. Saokeh

He's talking about the K/D farmers. Resist shield + Shield Cap is the easiest "Reset" for chain 1v1 kills. Making you at 100% or nearly 100% per engagement more often. But this is only true to a HA that pre-pops Resist because he knows he's going to take damage soon.
    • Up x 1
  12. WetPatch

Simple, he uses resist so there for so must everybody else.
  13. Scr1nRusher

Nope, I actually use Adrenaline Shield when I play HA.

I see the majority of HA's using resist shield, and its been that way for a long while.

Also...... that would explain why it got so lightly nerfed.
  14. Jubikus

Ahh i think people tend to forget that the majority of the playerbase isnt pro or active on any sort of forum and probably just kept certing what they started with because it worked. Personally i use NMG on mt TR because i prefer the extra leway when flanked by an infil or light assault and use AS on my NC because im using a Jackhammer and can go through several people.
  15. Jubikus

it doesnt matter how much you play what you see isnt the majority of the playerbase.
  16. Saokeh

It was lightly nerfed because it has a counter. Flanking or damage without it being up. Also why NWA doesn't stack with it at all (Which would be ridiculous). AS and NMG made mediocre HA's have MORE hp and was known as a crutch. If a bad player gets killed over and over, you knew he was pulling HA. The balance issue was truly this. Giving a class more HP to combat every other class with nearly 2x as much hp. That's also ridiculous. It wasn't labeled the I-WIN button because someone popped resist shield at 1/2 health and won after being flanked.
  17. Scr1nRusher

Its more then just what I visually have seen over the span of 4 years now across multiple servers & player streams..... etc etc.
  18. Scr1nRusher

Factor out Nanoweave.

Which Shield has the most HP currently?
  19. TheFlamingLemon

With the other shield types, it blocks all incoming damage until the shield is down. Once the shield is down, the mobility nerf is gone too. The mobility nerf is only active for the duration of the shield, while you are invincible.

With the resist shield, this is not the case. You still take damage while the shield is active and while your mobility is reduced. If you activate the shield at the beginning of the fight, it will still be active by the end, and the nerf to your speed will have stayed throughout the fight. With the other shields, it's only for the portion in which you are invincible. That should be considered when balancing resist shield.
  20. Scr1nRusher

1) You are not "invincible"

2) Damage drains the NMG & Adrenaline Shield.

Players can turn the shields on and off at will.