[Suggestion] Skillless kills

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 3punkt14159, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miraculousmouse

All bad players need their crutch. This game is pretty fkin big, so snipers end up being just as annoying as shotgunners in closer ranges. In other games, snipers aren't such a problem as you can generally flank and destroy them ASAP. In this game, play redeployside once they're onto you, or place a motion spotter and relocate once you see dots closing in. :rolleyes:

Long range sniping is for scrubs.
  2. miraculousmouse

Why are you relating this to real life? Pls go milsim fanboy.

There is no "intelligence or skill" in watching a terminal where people need to stand still to pull their vehicles. There is NO effort or skill in planting a headshot on a still target either. Stop defending stupid crutches, ****er.
  3. \m/SLAYER\m/

engineer does not have smoke grenade
    • Up x 1
  4. HamOnRye

Sure they do. Grab your factions carbine that can equip the underbarrel smoke launcher (I think its 250 certs). Shoot the smoke grenade at the terminal, switch to whatever loadout you desire and go grab your vehicle like normal. The sniper wont be able to see through the smoke ensuring you wont get drilled.
    • Up x 2
  5. Whatupwidat

As lame as it is, that sniper locked down that bases entire ability to spawn vehicles.

That's as much playing for the team as it is playing for easy kills. Sometimes the two are the same :p
    • Up x 6
  6. Xind

I'll take shotgunners over snipers any day. In other shooters flanking snipers is vastly easier due to terrain size limitations...and the notion that there is 1 or 2 snipers...not 10 or 20. But yeah, I really don't get to participate in outdoor combat any more as infantry.
  7. QuantumSerpent

You don't? I run around outside all day and get sniped once a month. It's because I run around, rather than standing around.
    • Up x 4
  8. Whatupwidat

It's really not that hard to avoid being headshotted.

- don't ADS for extended periods outside
    - don't pop up from the same cover twice if you're being shot at as that usually means you're marked
    - DON'T STAND STILL

I'm not even a "good" player (if such a thing even exists) and I get OHK by a sniper maybe 1 out of every 50 deaths - I get killed by SMG infils far more often lol xD
    • Up x 2
  9. Leondre

Nanoweave needs to reduce headshot damage again, and sniper bodyshot damage needs a huge reduction. I'm seriously tired of having to constantly serpentine and jam medkits like a heroin addict every time there isn't immediate cover.
  10. QuantumSerpent

MOVE.
    MOVE.
    MOVE.
    MOVE.
    MOVE.
    MOVE.

Have I hammered it in enough yet?

Movement will protect you better than Nanoweave, better than reduced damage. If you get hit once, you'll get hit again. Even if your maxed Nanoweave leaves you with 100 health from that render-distance headshot, their ability to land one means they can land another. So move. Unpredictably. Don't zigzag back and forth in a clear pattern, I'll just put my shot a few feet ahead of you. Stagger your strafing. Jump randomly. Briefly stop sprinting. The less predictable your motion, the harder it is to get a good shot. And if you make it hard enough, if they're smart they won't even bother--a missed shot gives away their position.
    • Up x 4
  11. Xind

I dance around like I have an angry platypus in my pants while having a serious parkinsons episode. But eventually, in you know outdoor combat, I have to draw a bead on an enemy and then almost IMMEDIATELY, sniped. It really happens a lot whenever I try to actually fight the enemy vehicle zerg
  12. miraculousmouse

You run around, I run, stop, strafe, kill. You're the type of player I destroy.
  13. Leondre

No **** Sherlock, but that's still not going to stop body shots from taking half of your hp out in one go; a monkey could land them even on targets doing the craziest of maneuvers. The only place for infantry anymore is indoors, and even then we aren't completely safe from all this skill-less garbage.
  14. WTSherman

Clearly instead of guns, we should all be armed with golf clubs and a bag of golf balls.

Because nothing says "skill" like trying to hit a small ball into an even smaller hole, using tools entirely unsuitable for the task. ;)
    • Up x 4
  15. Flamberge

1. You can spot through smoke, which gives you a really nice marker DIRECTLY over the enemy head.
    2. Not sure how far away smoke renders.
    3. Some people play on settings where smoke does not even render.
  16. DarthGoogle

You know what are most challenging targets for the sniper?

Its not those flying LAs or strafing medics.

Its explosives. Try sniping enemy AV mine. Then try to do it again in a short timeframe when enemy armor drives near.

Then proceed with AI mines. Im working on my proxy mine medal ATM though i am TR.

And when you think you are ready go snipe those C4s.

On the regard of nerfing the BAs - smart people very rarely sit on the hill where AV nest or AA nest is deployed. Its usually players w/o imagination. Most likely you are getting shot by those who are flanking you.

And snipers can contribute. Its just players who really dont anyways. Nothing stops you from watching your allies position and shooting those pesky LAs who go around to cheese 10 people with christmas c4 gifts, and so on. Its a mentality problem
  17. DarthGoogle

Smoke UBGL for your carbine, man. It exists
    • Up x 1
  18. Pokebreaker

I love reading the posts whining about ”skill ". These are usually players who also accuse others of hacking, as well as elitists who are killed by someone of lesser stature.

Skill-whining is, and has been, a problem in the gaming community for a very long time. There is some dumb perception that working harder is better than working smarter. Sadly, there are rules in real life that are just as dumb, which cause real Soldiers to lose their lives.

Seeing how not everyone playing is an MLG athlete (hehe), nor aspires to be; whining about skill only shows oneself to be lacking in the one skill that is most useful in gaming, as well as real life; and that is, Adaptation. If you can't learn to adapt to situations, then you will always find yourself whining, but never accomplishing anything but having yourself spoon-fed your dose of Tussin.

Now don't get me wrong, sometimes their are truly things that are completely out of whack, and should be tweaked for the sake of balance. However, you will never be able to Nerf individual player decisions, and that is where most of the issues reside.

If a player kills you in a "skill-less" manner, what does that say about you?

If whiners had their way, they would never die, because they would get a prompt where they could approve/disapprove of the method used to kill them. Nobody makes them bleed their own blood; Nobody!
    • Up x 9
  19. FnkyTwn

A lone Heavy or Engineer with extended ammo and a suppressor can camp a Tech Plant elevator and prevent an armada of aircraft. Time how long it takes to run from spawn to the elevator, and then once you kill the first person that's how long you've got before they come looking for you. Making a bunch of potential pilots stop what they're doing to search for you is just as good as killing them as far as the war effort goes.

A lone Infiltrator can hack any base with AA turrets and ruin the day of pilots trying to get from the warpgate to the front lines.

Sure these are considered "annoying", but they're also solid tactics.
    • Up x 5
  20. pnkdth

Yes... We should all do like you and play HA. Such a hard class to use, especially as VS. :oops:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.