[Suggestion] Skillless kills

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 3punkt14159, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3punkt14159

Ok, just for saining it, i am not that one who sais he is a verry skilled player, but some kills i "recive" are verry annoying. Going to a vehicle terminal switch to the lightning skyguard,. boiing headshoot.

Come one, how fair is that? Why does not every base have an terminal in the spawn room? Some bases on Hossing got that and it works good. It will not be a verry huge work for changing that.

Another stupid situation is, when you get your tank/sundi/whatever and drive straitly in two tank mines right after the spawn zone. In some bases there is a painfield for mines witch avoids that, but for example at Howling Pass there is no pain field and you cant stop early enough, you only can jump out of your tank if you are fast enough. And you cant check the place because its undearnet the flight deck. Make bigger pain fields pleace.

Your oppinion?

(sorry for any spelling mistakes)
    • Up x 3
  2. HadesR

TBH they should add an " entry " timer similar to the terminal one every time you enter a vehicle .. So many times has that instant enter saved peoples lives ..
    • Up x 7
  3. Xind

Tank mines are your bad. You should check to see before you spawn a vehicle.

Snipers waiting for vehicle pads. No that's just lame. Regardless of whether the map says 1% enemy population left. It isn't combat. It's duck hunt and as I've always said, snipers provide NOTHING of value to FPS games.
    • Up x 8
  4. I play by many names

Sniping is really the only appropriately skillful OHK in the game..... I would still prefer it either has more drop or lower base damage with a higher head shot multiplier to increase the skill level more (still OHK head shot but less rewarding body shots). All the other means of OHK are nothing but 'skill equalizers' that add nothing to the game. Rocket primary is cheese. Mines are cheese. Farming infantry with a tank is cheese. Shotguns are cheese. The list goes on.....
    • Up x 6
  5. BlueSkies

Sure they do, they punish stupid people.
    • Up x 8
  6. Xind

And being punished by phantom enemies you can't see improves game play, how...exactly?
    • Up x 2
  7. NinjaTurtle

Snipers would if the respawn rate or revive rate was not so fast

Hard to suppress the enemy when they can jump right back up so fast

Aside from that snipers are great for clearing a hill of turrets and other snipers
    • Up x 5
  8. Xind

I'd agree with you on the respawn rate. I think a lot of factors about this game would change if dying had a moderately longer time associated with. But, I feel like they're probably need to ditch the revive grenade.

It's kind of a problem for me that snipers most justified use is thinning out other snipers (and MANA AV users).
  9. Tankcrusher

This is really just a L2P issue and not an 'unfair', 'Snipers don't take skill'.

Most of the consoles for vehicles are outside and that entails risk. Being shot in the head by a sniper who was watching that console and waiting for someone to use it means the person grabbing a vehicle got careless or decided to spend to long looking at their vehicle loadouts, You can be killed just as easily by machine guns, knives, aircraft, especially if that console is near the front lines.

Same thing for tank mines....if you can't be bothered to see if tank mines are planted in front of the vehicle spawn than you deserve to be owned by them. If the vehicle spawn point is to far away and dangerous to reach to check than maybe you should not spawn a vehilce there at all. Particularly if its in a combat zone or entirely surrounded by enemies.

Its that simple.
    • Up x 3
  10. BlueSkies

Things that can change the dynamics of a battle but can still be adapted to are great for gameplay. Makes it less boring.

Pro tip: If you just capped a base, find a safe spot and watch the vehicle terminal for 10-20 seconds. If no one gets their head blown off, have at it. If someone does, hunt the sniper down or pull a vehicle from another base.

That sniper is working to delay enemy armor and is counterable (doesn't really matter if his/her motivation is to farm or not, they are still delaying the vehicles). Stupid people keep trying to use the terminal without adapting to the situation, thus they are punished.
    • Up x 7
  11. Xind

This is why I just redeploy everywhere. I'm not really that interested in vehicles for the most part, but it's just not worth waiting more time than it takes to redeploy to get a transport vehicle that will get me to my destination slower. All the while being at risk of snipers and air farmers.
    • Up x 1
  12. FateJH

Can not deny denial of resource acquisition. Legitimate strategic choice, even if doen for self-serving ends (which I feel is how many people view sniper play).

The only thing that is required is that the Vehicle Pad always be within a stroll or jump from the Vehicle Terminal so it can actually be checked. But that's bad base design and has nothing to do with denial of resource acquisition.
    • Up x 1
  13. z1967

Game should probably register resource loss from vehicle/MAX pulls after you are in the vehicle/MAX and not before. Kinda aggravating when I am trying to get a Lib off our sunderer and [insert OHK weapon here] takes me out just as I lose the resources but don't get a MAX.

Just an order of operations change, no need to mess with balance.

I also don't like the auto drive when I just pulled a vehicle. Or at least it shouldn't go on for as long as it does. Assume players will be competent enough to get off the pad and into the action without loitering or changing all of their keybinds or something.
    • Up x 5
  14. iller

Curtailing the elements that lead to Stalemates (too many AV-Manas, Ridgesniping RocketLaunchers, or Medic-balls) is not "NOTHING" ... and denying use of the vehicle terminals that are closest to a large ground battle is also a necessary means of resource denial

Everything in this game punishes stupid people. What Snipers do is not punishment. It's Distraction & area denial.
    Giant globs of infantry sitting behind the same cover too long is becoming a big issue lately. LA's and INF's solve that
  15. Xind

Snipers do not curtail these things. Snipers merely add to the stalemate. Every hill filled with AV, rocket launchers and medics, has it's equal share of snipers. At best you can call it a wash, but they definitely do not reduce stalemating or improve peoples desire to move forward against distant instant killing enemies.
    • Up x 3
  16. Anonymous Qwop

The tank mines thing is annoying, but you should make it a habit to check to see if the pad is clear. Taking 3 seconds to check might just save 350 nanites.

Edit: I don't think any bases should have their vehicle terminals inside the spawn room. There is hardly anything for the infiltrators to hack as is.

About the snipers camping the vehicle terminal. Next time you spawn, hunt that heifer down!

I actually like these "skillless kills." Think about it this way, a small squad can camp a vehicle terminal and prevent/delay an enemy zerg from pulling armor.
    • Up x 2
  17. z1967

Also, why not just edit your loadout to your liking in the spawn room, then shoot a smoke grenade at the terminal, and then quickly pull the vehicle and run back to safety/around in circles. Seems a lot less painless than making a forum thread.
    • Up x 4
  18. iller

If that's a bad swipe at PTFO'ing, it fails because the "skill less" variety of Snipers immediately stop having any impact once the capping commences and everyone moves inside under roofs amid a bunch of drab military shooter corridors. If anything slows the progress towards that point in the fights, it's the infantry powered AV weapons taking up skyline above every chokepoint and decimating every Sundy that attempts to get near the objective. But snipers, specialize in clearing those skylines, which allows the offense to gain a foothold
  19. Brad seven

This is true, While I don't experience any of this anymore cause I've played the game for a long time and know what to look out for. I have friends who were turned off of the game when the first vehicle they ever spawned got tank mined half a second after pulling it.
    As a decent player it's easy for us to say that you need to L2P. But think of all the new players that leave the game because they dislike getting farmed in friendly territory.
    • Up x 1
  20. LT_Latency

I will do this if I get a good spot.

Reason. I am stopping your team from pulling vehicle to fight my team. Hacking the terminals right beside the spawn in hard because someone from the spawn can just shoot you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.