MAXes have too much HP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VonStalin, Dec 25, 2014.

1. VonStalin

MAXes have too much HP.
    It is just ridiculous.
    • Up x 1
  2. BetterFasterStronger

Can you make your post more constructive.
    • Up x 3
  3. STR1D3R109

Very constructive post 10/10

In what way? seeing that you play NC (which have the best close range AI and long range AT) i don't see why you whinge ;P

just don't face them head first or use a rare thing called teamwork to take them out. lol
    • Up x 9
  4. day ofm one

Really?

I think no...

As soon as there is more than 2 people, a MAX is basically half dead.

Except these 3 people are Heavy Assault or Light Assault, then you are guaranteed dead.
    • Up x 6
  5. amega

:eek:
    • Up x 4
  6. LibertyRevolution

Maxes only have 2000HP.
    Are you trying to pistol them to death? Try a rocket.
    • Up x 2
  7. NinjaTurtle

I think the HP is fine

I do think they should stay dead when dead however and not be revivable

They are mechanized units after all and I've never seen an engineer use their tool to resurrect an exploded Lightning
    • Up x 7
  8. f0d

[IMG]

if anything was to change they should have MORE hp but less damage
    i always thought it would be better if they had just one weapon and more HP so they could break infantry clusters but not go on as big murder sprees like they do

but im fine with how they are now also
    • Up x 6
  9. HadesR

Judging by his other recent suggestions I think he's trying to Stalker cloak Knife them to death :p
    • Up x 5
  10. \m/SLAYER\m/

lol yesterday i knifed 9 players in single life, and one of them was MAX.
  11. Onhil

Maxes have resistances to small arms fire so the best way to take them out is by shootin two rockets at them or C4'ing them with 1 or 2 depends if they are using flak armor
  12. FateJH

I frequently hear this suggestion applied for the said purpose - "breaking Infantry clusters" - and I wonder how the user expects it to pan out that way, in a way that 1) still doesn't involve the MAX being able to devastating on its own in the same situations or 2) make them more vulnerable in more general situations. Specifically, the MAX loses alpha strike damage against its primary weakness - explosives. This lowers the utility of the the extra up-time against anything that tries to apply explosives (HA with rocket launcher, for a common example). At least, as it currently stands, I could, as a MAX, single out HA targets and try to deal with them before they have the reaction time to draw their launchers against me.
    • Up x 3
  13. TriumphantJelly

MAXes should be shorter ranged and have slightly less powerful weapons but like TWICE the health. IMO.
    • Up x 2
  14. VonStalin

"breaking Infantry clusters"
    you mean killing everyone on the way? Like 1:20 KD and thats OK, because he payed some resources? ...
  15. \m/SLAYER\m/

well, lets nerf ESF then too
    • Up x 1
  16. f0d

thats why i said less damage and more HP
    they should be able to get into a cluster and make them all go "OH S#!T" and the max should survive but they shouldnt be able to kill them all - just make them break up
    • Up x 1
  17. Auzor

Personally, I think a "max-light" could be more accepted.
    250 nanites, but the current max, with resistances, has 10.000 effective HP vs small arms.
    Lower this to 6000-7500. (6 normal people; 6 people with max nanoweave)
    Kinetic armor still available, doubling small arms resistance.
    Maxes set off both AP and AV mines.

And people will be more accepting of their max getting run-over by a flash/harasser if it isn't the cost of an mbt.
  18. FateJH

Why should they break up? by reducing its TTK against all things, there's no reason to feel threatened by the MAX at all. In fact, the real danger is on the MAX's behalf, not being able to deal with targets fast enough to reduce clusters of threats (lots of targets training their small arms on a MAX kills it, and your model is not going to change that). What is being proposed is actually going to make large groups of targets training their weapons on it survive longer, and make the MAX incapable of handling even individual targets, whether or not that target deals high explosive damage. Multiple targets that deal high explosive damage will most definitely be a no-go.
    • Up x 1
  19. f0d

even at half damage the max is a threat, maybe not as much as a full damage max but enough of a threat to make you **** of the area, if it took 3 or 4 rockets instead of 2 and if it took 3 bricks of c4 to kill one then i would think that would make infantry scatter and if the max only had one gun the ttk will be higher giving the infantry the time they need to get out of the area
    of course if the max tried to take on too many infantry at once then it will insta die from all the rockets

either way as i said originally im happy with where they are now but if there was going to be any change i would prefer more hp and less damage instead of less hp and more damage
    • Up x 1
  20. FateJH

I think we need to work with more concrete numbers. If the goal is to "break up Infantry clusters," and " the max should survive," but "if the max tried to take on too many infantry at once then it will insta die from all the rockets," then we need to decide what a "cluster" numerically constitutes as Heavy Assault ratio to better judge the proposal.