PPA is UnderPowered and UnderPerforming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vanu123, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterDk78

It's an rarely sight, just as it is with marouder or canister. About time
    • Up x 3
  2. Villanuk

So your saying the ppa was not op and needed bringing down?
    • Up x 1
  3. Villanuk

[

And what about "Best performing SMG/Carbine/AR/ESHA weapon? And that's just sticking to infantry weapon types.[/quote]

Sorry, are you saying the tr have the best smg?
    • Up x 1
  4. FBVanu

5. Xasapis

I'm saying that he posted a graph with only kills, disregarding completely the fact that those kills came from 6 times more vehicles compared to the other two empires.

Do you know how many kills the PPA has post patch?
    • PPA: 2229
    • Canister: 1291
    • Marauder: 1536
    Do you know what's the KPH for that day?
    • PPA: 36.1
    • Canister: 82.5
    • Marauder: 81.5
    PPA has double the kills, but less than half the performance compared to the other two weapons. How does that happen? The kills are divided by a lot more vehicles.

Not any more. What I see is half the performance compared to the other two. Still a few days of data though, so we'll need to wait more.

Not according to the preliminary data. Still too early, but for now the performance is less than half of the performance of the Canister.

No way of telling. What we do know is the number of PPA users compared to the Canister and Marauder ones. The PPA users were about 6 times higher.
    • Up x 2
  6. Alarox

1.) KPU is not a performance metric.

2.) Give it a week so people using the PPA will learn how to use it properly.

If you saw people trying to use the Canister at 200m then of course they would stop using it or get few kills.
    • Up x 3
  7. Xasapis

Both KPH and KPU are performance metrics.
  8. Flag

Not on the harasser.
  9. Get2dachoppa

I'd like to believe this, but then the Devs must still be collecting data on ZOE too.
    • Up x 4
  10. EGuardian1

Just tested all three (and filmed results) in VR at various ranges.

Canister is OHK at close range provided pellets hit, and like throwing peanuts at long range. Maurader is 2HK at just about any range, but awkward as hell to aim.

PPA is 3-5 hit kill at any range. Full auto is TERRIBLE COF, but if you burst, it maintains accuracy fairly well even at range. It is by FAR the better weapon at range if you're shooting a static target like a spawn room door or tower/balcony.

Footage of all three coming soon.
    • Up x 1
  11. Villanuk

So, to answe the question, was the ppa op?
  12. Xasapis

Overperforming? yes.
  13. Goldmonk

Overpreforming as in way too many of them?
  14. Mxiter

People will have to learn how to use it.

I know it's hard for most VS player to use something different than a point-click-hold weapon.
    • Up x 3
  15. Xasapis

That's rich, looking at your auraxium list.
    • Up x 5
  16. Goldmonk

So the dude took time to perfect his weapons. Jeez. None of those are real point-click-hold weapons like the PPA.
    • Up x 1
  17. TriumphantJelly

P2-120s, Banshees, Rocket pods.... And they're just the worst of them! Nearly all of those are automatic weapons!
    • Up x 1
  18. Person7man

I beg you to use the canister and post-nerf marauder. The PPA dumps all over them and will continue to do so. It's just not an infinite range 3 shot anymore. So sad that you actually have to burst it now to get kills.
    • Up x 1
  19. Mxiter

Funny criticism from someone wich spend 40 hours using supernova VPC.

Total playtime: around 2200h.
    Those 70hours of playtime (sum of time i used those 3 weapons) arn't really revelant from my playstyle...
    • Up x 3
  20. Linus

I have tested it on the PTS before it comes live and I was convinced that it will become a more balanced weapon, and then i have used it during ten hours on the live server, on hundreds of real targets, and my opinion has totally evolved.

Ok, the PPA was abnormally good at very long range and it needed to be changed, but now a Saron is as good if not better than this new version of the PPA.
    I know this sounds crazy but this is true, compared to the PPA, the AP weapons are now more versatile, better and faster at killing infantry, if you aim good and at any range.

What was interesting about the PPA was its sustained fire ability and its bigger magazine, what was too strong was its accuracy at long range.
    Now the magazine size is very low and alongside the new accuracy system, it allows you to get one kill and barely two with one magazine.
    For any experienced user, I don't see the point to use this weapon anymore, as simple as that.
    Furthermore, even if people practice with it and take time to get used to the new PPA system, this will change almost nothing.
    They will simply change for the Saron.

For sure, this new version of the PPA comes now at the level of the two others ES Ai weapons, close to the uselessness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.