PPA is UnderPowered and UnderPerforming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vanu123, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Villanuk

The devs only have so much time to re work weapons, hence why the Vulcan and striker have taken over a year to get re-worked.

Do you really this the PPA is as bad as the Zoe, do you really think infantry farming contributes more to the game and your faction than having your MAX upgraded?

Personally, I think you should focus more on getting your Max upgraded which can help take bases than worrying about something which was only used for farming XP.

Not having a go, but with the limited resources due to PS4, focus on the priorities if I was you.
  2. Champagon

I am just going to go ahead and point out the elephant in the room

The PPA is useless, it's crap. And it is wiser to use an NS weapon for your vehicle. It doesn't take a "pro player" or a rocket scientist to figure this out. It needs a buff plain and simple. But it won't happen due to the massive amounts of QQ that will fill these forums
    • Up x 2
  3. TriumphantJelly

The Canister could use some buffs, so that athe Vanguard can wreck infantry.
    The Marauder could use a little buffing, so that the Prowler wrecks infantry.
    The PPA could use a lot of buffing so that it's no longer UP and so that the Magrider wrecks infantry.

(Hint, for killing power, it should always be tanks > infantry)
    • Up x 2
  4. \m/SLAYER\m/

i could kill at 150m with new PPA, just don't move fast. you just cant spam with it too much, but kill group of infantry around AMS - yes you could, but lack of mag size
  5. Danath

Welcome to the Vulcan's debate club!
  6. Xasapis

Did you find somebody afk to kill?

If the canister is bad, imagine something twice as bad. That's the new PPA. No need to provide anecdotal evidence when everyone knows that it was nerfed to the ground, because whining.

The problem with the Vulcan is the main cannon. Unless they brave a hefty nerf on the main cannon, no secondary on the Prowler will remain powerful.
    • Up x 1
  7. SanPelicano

When you wrote this post on Nov 11. the playtime of PPA users was more than two times longer than playtimes of Canister or Marauder users.

According to Oracle of death:
    Nov. 11. 2014
    Playtimes (avg. hour) :

PPA: 43
    Canister: 15
    Marauder: 18

The kills were:
    PPA: 1386
    Canister: 1186
    Marauder: 1109

Its ok, cuz there were more PPA users who could kill more ... in theory. Numbers of kills were almost in egal when playtime of PPA was huge.

I would rather mention a date....
    At Nov. 27 Something interesting happened:
    The playtimes of all ES secondary were almost the same:

PPA: 22
    Canister: 21
    Marauder: 23

mh okay.,, but what is about with kills?

PPA: 738
    Canister: 1619
    Marauder: 1546

And the avg. KPU on 27.?

PPA: 2.7
    Canister: 6.4
    Marauder: 5.7

So, when the playerbase is the same, PPA is overperformed more than 2 times by other ES secondary.

Explain to me Why this weapon is not overnerfed and underpowered?
    • Up x 2
  8. RadarX

We're going to go ahead and close this one up as it's probably run it's course and gone off topic a number of times. There are no plans for PPA adjustments at this time.
    • Up x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.