PPA is UnderPowered and UnderPerforming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vanu123, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishPride

Six lanes
    Taillights
    Red ants marchin' into the night
    They disappear to the left and right again
    Another supper from a sack
    A ninety-nine cent heart attack
    I got a poundin' head and an achin' back
    And the camel's buried in a big straw stack

I'm gonna live where the green grass grows
    Watchin' my corn pop up in rows
    Every night be tucked in close to you
    Raise our kids where the good Lord's blessed
    Point our rocking chairs towards the west
    Plant our dreams where the peaceful river flows
    Where the green grass grows
    • Up x 1
  2. PWGuy93

Yup.
    In the spirit of their design intentions, "less lethality, risk vs. reward".

Spam away, but up close where's there's risk, if you risk it, PPA spam kills are the reward.

The Magrider can still climb over obstacles, can still strafe, still has that tremendous speed boost to get away, the vehicle is still in a good place for those who adjust to the new play style. Using the new styles just takes a bit more skill (risk vs. reward), just ask the drivers who are plowing through infantry up close - I'm witness to the receiving end.
  3. MasterDk78

3 things from the tr??? wow you really hate tr dont you?
    • Up x 1
  4. Goldmonk

All VS do. It's a mutual hatred.
    • Up x 1
  5. boey

I love the TR as much as the TR loves the VS. Na, joke aside. I'm just mentioning my observations. Feel free to prove me wrong.
    • Up x 1
  6. Frostiken

Because nobody with any brains will give a ****. It's almost impossible to kill someone who is making any attempt to move out of the way with the splash alone, especially at "200m", and you'll be firing so slowly (or inaccurately) that anyone who feels threatened by it can just casually walk away.
  7. Niamar

Do you think they care? : See Zoe

Insert game company here_ concludes that X is overperforming, they nerf every facet of X. Buff the other faction/class/realm/gun/ability to compensate for X's overpoweredness. SOE has a good track record of using this kind of sledgehammer nerfing/buffing.

Since I own nearly every weapon, they won't make anymore money from me by using these tactics, but then we all know That people like me are not the target customer in this equation.
  8. minhalexus

True..... But look at the Railjack, at first people thought it was **** then attitudes changed after a month or two.
  9. vanu123

They seem incapable. They lack any direction in which they want to take the game, they in my opinion no longer care about the game.
    • Up x 1
  10. vanu123

The other tanks have armor, speed, DPS, damage, velocity, angle of fire, can turn their turret on a dime, they can look up, see in reverse, etc. They area all considerably better. The other 2 tanks have never had it as bad as the mag.
  11. vanu123

Lockdown prowlers.
  12. vanu123

VR dummies, standing still, w/o flak armor, w/o shooting back.
    PPA still the worst ES AI weapon.
  13. vanu123

Orion has already been nerfed 2-3 times.
  14. vanu123

Stats are stats. Stats show the PPA is underperforming so it must be buffed accordingly.
  15. vanu123

They all are fine. Meanwhile our pistols are trash, our tank is trash, our main heavy weapons/rocket launchers need to be used in 12 or more to be effective, ZOE is the single worst thing in the game, and we lack any faction ability or identity.
    • Up x 2
  16. AdmiralArcher

your sample size isnt big enough to justify your position that it is underperforming.

it isnt doing as well at the moment because people are not using it or taking the time to get used to the new weapon.

you are basically saying that, because a ferrari is doing less than the speed limit, its a ****** and slow car, when in reality, the guy is just slowing down to make a turn.

its a baseless argument, there is no data YET that can prove it is underperforming, you will have to wait several months
    • Up x 1
  17. Rovertoo

What? There is something called sample size. We've only seen the PPA's performance for these last few days, we've had months to see the data of the other two guns. It's ridiculous to think it should be buffed based on such a small window. Hey, yesterday the Spiker had better performance stats for an hour just after prime time! Better nerf it!
    • Up x 5
  18. Lord_Avatar

The dev team is fairly small right now and they have *a lot* on their hands. Also - I believe SOE knows full well what they would like PS2 to become and as silly as this may sound: the best thing they could do right now is to stop paying attention to Forumside and stick to their guns (literally) when it comes to balance.
    • Up x 1
  19. Rovertoo

20. lawn gnome

it has been completely reworked and people need to learn how to use what is effectively a new weapon. my squad used it today and we were murdering TR from a harasser.

the new PPA on a harasser with HA in the rumble seat using a lasher makes for some amazing plasma fun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.