PPA is UnderPowered and UnderPerforming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vanu123, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanmug

I auraxiumed both modified Enforcer. If SOE consider those gun alright, maybe it is time for VS to learn to adapt to such a playstyle, as did NC and TR...

Aka, use NS gear.
    • Up x 2
  2. Villanuk

Like the best performing lmg ...?
    • Up x 1
  3. Villanuk

Then you also know how we feel about the Vulcan, striker and smg
    • Up x 3
  4. Morti

Yeah lets just leave out kills for the past 3 months or people may think you're bias.

nope.jpg

[IMG]
    • Up x 11
  5. Flag

I said that!
    When I did so on Reddit the TR downvote brigade found me! D:

And what about "Best performing SMG/Carbine/AR/ESHA weapon? And that's just sticking to infantry weapon types.
    • Up x 3
  6. LT_Latency

So what, The striker is still garbage with those buffs.

It's not hard to buff something quickly when it's that horrible and you fixes are just as bad
  7. Xasapis

What's that?
  8. Xasapis

You do realise that kills by themselves mean nothing if you don't take into account how many vehicles were producing it, right? Of course you do, you just decided to post this deceptive chart on purpose.
    • Up x 4
  9. Rovertoo

The amount of vehicles pulling it is also a signature of balance issues though. Wasn't it something like 80% of all magriders pulled PPA?
    • Up x 3
  10. Flag

I disagree.
    Striker feels fine to me when I use it on/as TR.
    Is it a launcher that can do everything? No. But it's not meant to be.
  11. LT_Latency

How is it better then any other option??

The lancers is for long range.
    The phoenix is for flying around comers or over hills.

The both have unique benefits

The Striker still does nothing a dumb fire doesn't do better. It still sucks against planes cause they move to fast.
    • Up x 3
  12. Flag

It's not supposed to be an overall better alternative.
    It bridges the gap between what a dumb fire does and what a lock-on launcher does (Grounder mainly).
    Don't like it? Well that's your loss.
    • Up x 3
  13. LT_Latency

rofl. The striker and the PPA have the same sort of issue and you going to say the PPA is broken but striker is the boss??

The both have to shoot slow or they spray all over the place which makes them weaker at long range. The striker doesn't even lock on to ground vehicles?? unless they patched it.

You are too bias man.
    • Up x 1
  14. KiakoLalene

Hey! I have an idea! Why don't you wait until after the first day to check out what the stats will be. It just changed, and so people need to get used to it.
    • Up x 3
  15. Flag

Does the PPA balls home in on infantry?
    No, didn't think so.
    • Up x 1
  16. LT_Latency

So what does the strikers?? It can only chase planes and they fly to fast to get good shots at.

The PPA is compared to other weapons in it's class....they don't lock on either. They are weaked at long range because of massive drop instead of using burst fire that the PPA needs
  17. Tasp

Nice, especially since despite the MASSIVE drop in PPA usage it still outperforms in kills by a rather large margin. Funny how that works, it is like it is still effective or something..... I know it still works for me.
    • Up x 1
  18. FrozenCustard

Well take a look at the KPU stat, or for that matter every other stat on the oracle, and you will see that the PPA out shined both the maurader and canister by exponential proportions.
    • Up x 3
  19. \m/SLAYER\m/

since patch i cant catch any vehicle with PPA
  20. FBVanu

• Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.