Game Update: Oct 30 Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ribero, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Ronin Oni

Those are definitely things I'm waiting on.They need to both be made highest priority....
  2. Champagon

• Continents can again be locked by owning at least 94% of the territory, independent of alerts
    This makes me so happy!!!

3. patrykK1028

Wat happened to Spiker? It had to be 526 rpm, not 480!
  4. Bloodlet

Good changes for the most part. I don't think shields needed to be touched and it sounds like spawn room camping will be even easier now.

Now please work on making it so that my loadouts don't randomly change (playing TR Engineer it likes to equip me with a stock Trac 5 sometimes). Also stop making the game change my spawnpoints when my last spawnpoint is still available.
    • Up x 3
  5. Xasapis

Anyone remembers the time when PPA was visually bugged?

6. \m/SLAYER\m/

oh yes, whole night one faction locking empty continents
  7. Keldred

Finally new PPA it is now a cobalt with AOE dmg mhmm cant wait to use it live.
  8. Keldred

Shotty internet made me post twice ...
  9. OldMaster80

I'm waiting for them as well. Missions and resources system will be important content creators, imho they should jump on top of devs "to do" list.
  10. Stormsinger

I seem to recall a developer post about that yesterday - Test had "old data" that hadn't been updated. It's been that way for a while.
    If i'm remembering correctly, that is.
  11. z1967

I also remember people saying PPA users would be TKed because it was hard to fight with giant balls of sunshine filling up your screen. Wasn't around for the bug, so I never got to see it first hand.
  12. DatVanuMan

1. The Spiker is BETTER now. Finally, a good pistol for VS! The burst is better (Which so many VS have whined for), the charge up mode is SICK (Could use a SLIGHT buff, faster charge or a bit more damage), and it is balanced.
    2. PPA was revamped, not nerfed. No more TR and NC whining about it, and that's a good thing.
  13. DatVanuMan

Holy crap yes.
    If only all VS weapons were like that...
  14. Koldorn

In accordance with the underlying Laws of Planetside 2:
    -The VS may not, under any circumstance; have a viable faction specific pistol.
    -Amendment A: The VS may, have near identical; albiet slightly inferior in no less than three categories, clones of other ES pistols.
    -Amendment B: The right is reserved to nerf VS-held iterations of NS weapons if the clause is threatened.
    -Amendment C: The right is reserved to redirect all questions of the clause to the Orion instead.
    • Up x 1
  15. Cesious

The Spiker became usable to some degree compared to other VS pistols, it has that going for it.

Now to make the Manticore more Manticore-like by having it do a slow firing 3 round burst on quick trigger release and a 6 round burst on full charge. Reliable enough damage that landing 9 shots from the double fire combo with 3 headshots mixed in could kill. The true spike thrower the name implies.
  16. iller

This is a good start... I'd been saying we've needed grenade changes for a while now.
    There's still a few more to go of course, such as buffing the LA's and also making the inf Decoy grenade into more than just a fancy noise-maker. Players are not the Alien on the Sevastopol, they don't even notice or care about that effect.

They WOULD notice and get tricked however by a body-double:
    [IMG]

Even that terribly mismanaged SciFi-shooter "Firefall" that's competing wth PS managed to get that one ability right. The damn thing even moves and shoots fake bullets when you build enough upgrade components into it.

Other QOL things still needing to be looked at:
    • deeper transparency for stalker cloak when Crouch-walking
    • Battle Rifles still considered junk / Directive for them awards SCOUT rifle, lol
    • Phaseshift needs a more "Fun" / Interesting mechanic.
    • ZOE given a more specific support role than just "Lol I sprint fast and die even faster"
    • TRAP given a better single-fire mode that actually fills a role itself (how about concussion?)
    • Railjack --- ANYTHING BUT a weaker delayed version of the Longshot/Parallax plz
    • NC E.S. pistol -- put some real Risk vs. Reward on this b****, it's just shorter range Commish right now
  17. dstock

Can anyone tell me what this means?
  18. Prudentia

ah yes, back in the day when the PPA still did damage to vehicles and was considered complete crap...
    But goddamn was it ******* fabulous :cool:
  19. patrykK1028

Basilisk with splash dmg, 100x bigger CoF and no dmg to armor...
  20. patrykK1028

Manticore is OK. Cerberus should be reworked. But no charge up. NO MORE CHARGE UPS. EVER