[Suggestion] I want my Certs back... Another Striker Thread...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mhorlok, Oct 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sternn58

If you are talking about the T2 Striker, please name one.
    • Up x 2
  2. dBus

I posted this in the other thread, and I will post it here too. Simple solution...

ASP-30 Grounder

Max Damage: 1000
    Magazine Size: 1
    Time to lock: Standard

T2 Striker

Max Damage: 200
    Magazine Size: 5
    Time to lock: Six times faster than normal. You don't have to maintain lock, but you do have to re-lock for every missile you fire. 0.2 second delay before the next lock begins.

So, this way the Striker actually has a use. It can lock and start firing way before the other launchers. By the time a normal launcher would be ready to fire one missile, the Striker would have already fired 3 in the air. Less than a second later, all 5 missiles would be in the air, all independently tracking the target.

Advantage: Extremely fast lock time. Can hit targets that appear only momentarily. Can land all missiles without too much difficulty, as total lock time for all 5 missiles is not much greater than a single launcher. The Striker becomes great at taking out weakened vehicles, or ones that only pop out from cover momentarily

Disadvantage: Total DPS is still slightly less than the Grounder. All missiles have to hit to do the same amount of damage. Lock on only, can not be dumb fired.

Note: Vehicle Stealth will have a correspondingly weaker effect on a Striker. For example, with maximum Vehicle Stealth, a normal lockon launcher gains 1 second to lockon time. However, a Striker will only gain 0.2 of a second per missile lock. Total time for the entire magazine will be increased by 1 second. Not per missile.
  3. Flag

Short to medium range anti vehicle (any) where there's lock-breaking cover. At ranges where I can evade decis easily in my mag.

That's one. Had a few of them on Esamir within an hour.
  4. NXR1

If the striker could seak vehicles and aircraft id be fine with it at least then in numbers it would have a use currently its so innacurate no matter how many people you have you arent hitting anything
    • Up x 1
  5. Chrispin

Would you guys quit making this comparison, saying it's the "second fastest rocket projectile in the game" when in reality it's nowhere near the first fastest.

Striker: 180 m/s
    Lancer: 600 m/s, 700 m/s, and 800 m/s

The slowest Lancer shot is more than THREE TIMES faster than a Striker rocket. Of course you're going to have an easier time aiming with the Lancer without a doubt. Don't even pretend the Striker is near as easy to hit targets with until you've tried it.
    • Up x 3
  6. Mxiter

Yes they did: durin AI nerf, SOE buffed it's AV abilites from stock launcher (shrike/S1/ML7) damages to decimator damage.
    The phoenix never been nerfed, it have been specialized.

The striker have be nerfed 3 times and fixed 1 time:
    -They nerfed it's ability to lock on base turret (wich was only workable if you was on higher floor) on the first nerf patch.
    -they fixed the 100% autohit trought obstacles and nefed it's fire and forget mode for a fire and hold mode in the same nerf patch.
    -They nerfed it's damage, lock on ability, direct damage, splash damage and velocity in the revamp (almost in the same time of the useless coyotes AA lock on mechanics wich was still useless).
    • Up x 2
  7. Mxiter

if you saw my video, the HA killed 7 guys and get 2 misses in less than 2 minutes without effort nor risks... it you think that it's balanced, you should stop spamming PPA and start to play a balanced game with fair chances.

Don't forget that ppl you kills are also ppl like you.

Would you be happy to play a game where lyou lose any time without a chance?? i don't think so, or maybe should you stop to play online game, and play solo games in easy mode where you can win without effort.
    • Up x 1
  8. Mxiter

Of course TR won't use it: it was already the most situational RL, now it's a pile of garbage full of sh**.

I'll stick to deco and grounder like every TR decent player.

The thing that makes me sick is that VS & NC will still be able to hit vehicles and long range AV maxex accurately and without effort while the third faction will be farmed again and again without a chance to fight back.

Without mentionning that since the ressource revamp, vehicles and maxes are quite easy to spam, but who care?? TR are already underperforming by a decent margin... until VS and NC have fun to EZ certs, no needs changes right?? :rolleyes:

TLDR: if you want to use the striker as VS/NC, use the QCX hunter with explosives darts and stop using phoenix/lancer until an other striker buff/revamp since it's what the striker is.
    • Up x 1
  9. BarxBaron

It is kinda of tiring hearing the spandexians comment on it being "2nd fastest velocity" when its so slow in comparison to first place.

Also the other RLs don't have ridiculous CoF or need to land more then one shot (unless you count spam fired lancer....which is still 600m/s vs 180m/s...........)

You have to track your target perfectly to hit 5 times...and do piddly damage. It's not worth it.
    If the RoF was ridiculosuly fast it'd be OK as it is but without that it's not working at all.
    • Up x 1
  10. Flag

Those 3 different lancer velocities are -still- on the same launcher.

For the whole hitting part, compared to every non-lancer launcher it's fairly decent.
    Yet NC and VS got use out of the Annihilator which was equally situational.

Seriously, TR seems to insist on not using their toys because -reasons-.
    It's like the Marauder all over again.

What a bunch of cry-babies.
  11. Mxiter

Tho only reason for VS/NC to use the annhi is that it's more reliable at AA than phoenix & lance, but G2A launchers are more effective at that role.

funny that a VS bring the marauder in a discussion why they hold the OPPA that you can find in large number spamming everyhing is every fight with 0 skillz.

But maybe you forget what skillz means after using so much EZ mode weapons?

But yeah striker is useless even for the most skilled PS2 player: others launcher do the job with more efficiency, whatever the skill infovled, they're better in every way but 99.99% (valkyrie suicide troll runs that requires an amazing skills and a large number of people for an average efficiency that can be outplayed by 2 low skill A2A players).
    • Up x 1
  12. LenaQuin

If those dumbfire rockets cant hit at "short" range: What exactly is your definition of short range?

Even if they would´ve switched to Striker: What would have changed? Easier kills for you and your gunner since they would be exposed long enough?
  13. Mxiter

What do you expect? invulnerable magriders to infantries??

Only lock-ons can hit a decent mag driver past 75m.

During that time lockdown prawlers and slow moving vannies are easy bait for dumb fire RL. but you must have also forget that PPA can also farm infantry like nothing else in the game?
    • Up x 2
  14. Haquim

Yes, I have used the other two rocket launchers. I don't remember the damage from the lancer, but it was actually pretty decent (granted, if charged). I remember ESPECIALLY that I somehow managed to drop a MAX unit so fast it could barely react. If used organized.... well some people already said what happens. Tank goes from full to BOOM with zero warning.
    The phoenix hits like a decimator. LIKE A DECIMATOR. How much heavier do you want it? I've seen entire tank columns get annihilated because 4 or 5 guys set up in the spawnroom or in any other decently protected and removed area and shot their rockets in salvos.
    If I use half a squad with this gun chances are all we're gonna do is illuminate the surroundings in red. We might kill some tanks, but we can also do that by running at them with C4 out if we're persistent enough. The hypothetical possibility does not make for entertaining gameplay - not on our side at least.

I have to correct one thing: The striker has NOT the lowest damage per mag. At least not against MBTs. Against MBTs the damage is about 5% higher (only estimated) per mag than the stock launcher.
    That still makes it worse by a fair margin since the stock has halfway reloaded before your 5th rocket hits AND you have to hit 5 rockets instead of a single one, but technically our damage per magazine is not the lowest against tanks.

If the striker would actually deal 50% more damage per magazine than a stock RL I might consider using it, but this is a straight downgrade, no matter which RL you take as comparison.
    • Up x 1
  15. Chrispin

Higby has explicitly said they are comparing Striker with the other two ERSLs. That includes the Lancer in case you didn't know. In what world are they properly balanced against each other when the Striker has less DPS, less accuracy, less alpha damage, less velocity, and essentially equal AA effectiveness? Yes they both are equally bad as AA weapons. The Striker isn't even a deterrent against aircraft. Every post I've seen from ESF pilots getting hit by Strikers have said the damage is low enough to be ignored.
    • Up x 1
  16. Flag

No, I just forgot to pre-fix it with Harasser.
    And guess what, the PPA and Marauder perform just about the same.
    That is, once TR realized/remembered it existed.

As for who has what kind of "Ez Mode", the Striker and Prowler have been competing for the top of that list, so you as a TR don't really have much ground to stand on disregarding other people for using "ez mode". Especially you.

Oh and btw, I don't actually have extensive time with "ez mode magrider PPA". Quite the opposite.
    Because it's dull beyond belief.

Short range as far as AV is concerned? Out to about 75-100 meters or so.
    What would have changed if they used the striker is that they'd actually hit me. Or at least stand a better chance of doing so, considering they had 0 hits with their lock-ons and normal dumb-fires.

Yeah ignoring the striker (for TR) you're quite right with the within 75 meters example.

But you're set in your ways. So whatever.

Yeah I know.
    Difference comes in that the Striker does the point defence a bit better.

Is it perfect? No, it isn't.

Is it worthless, as so many TR are claiming? I don't think so.
  17. Flag

They also nerfed the targeting AI to not be OP (this also went into effect for the other lock-on launchers).
  18. Tuco

striker players to the phoenix players

19. LenaQuin

NC: Can be fired from cover and can hit anything within 280m
    VS: High velocity, can hit up to clipping range
    TR: Longer (longest?) exposure time, split damage, can fulfill some kind of "might hit a MBT at 75-100m" role, but probably wouldnt do significant damage.

And you said this is fine as it is?
    • Up x 3
  20. Flag

Just want to point something out here.
    While it's true the lancer has very long range, it's not out to vehicle render range.
    Vehicle render range is 800, except for the Liberator and Galaxy where it's 1000 m.
    Lancer Charge Level 3 dissipates after 750 meters. If it's a level 1 or 2 charge id dissipates sooner.
    It's still very good, don't get me wrong. And yes, the range is well beyond infantry render ranges, but it's not able to hit everything you can see.
    It won't make too big of a difference for most people in most situations, but if you're going to make a claim about a weapon, at least get the numbers right.

I said it's fine, not that it's perfect.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.