Will Emerald Inherite Mattherson's Plague?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tycoh, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Tycoh

Apparently it already has in a small extent for now, excluding the few weeks after the merge when all factions were having fair fights left and right.

Sure TR and NC have been winning a few alerts here and there; nothing alarming atm. But soon it's going to degrade into another Mattherson where VS are driving about and bad mouthing others in huge zergs and destroying everything with their shear numbers and easy mode advanced weapons. Every alert will be a VS win and everyone will be b****ing about how VS are easy mode scum bags, TR and NC will be avoiding VS battles most of the time causing both factions to get double teamed by the VS, etc. And like Mattherson, NC and TR WILL NOT TEAM UP against a COMMON FOE. I don't see why it didn't happen in Mattherson as both factions were literally getting their ***** handed to them on a techno platter but i'm thinking it was just cross faction backstabbing and outfit ignorance.

I'd like to see faction cooperation between NC and TR eventually in this new server as it ultimately failed and killed Mattherson, hence the merge. And the ungodly amount of BR100s sitting in Emerald VS, imagine the awesome challenge and certs to be had from a 2 army coop? Just saying as I read alot of complaints on how most of the VS gameplay is camping spawn rooms all day.

But we'll see soon in the future which, mark my words, will degrade into a VS domination server very soon if nothing is done about it by the players in NC and TR.
    • Up x 5
  2. Negator

You havent changed. Where is pat?

Also, you have no idea what youre talking about, and it's hilarious.
    • Up x 1
  3. ATRA_Wampa-One

You act like VS doesn't do that now...

I play VS on Emerald BTW... in the most hated outfit on the server. ;)
  4. Yeahy

Unfortunately, that's your problem.
    There really isn't anything that we can teach you. I'm pretty sure all our outfits operate similarly and tactics are pretty close to one another.

I do hope you guys figure something out.
    I look forward to fighting you!
  5. gibstorm

I am sorry how is he not right??

VS has the best units, with the best players and experience. Who are TR and NC going to send to fight the best VS has to offer?? We don't have anyone. So the best we can do is send a zerg and then those Excellent VS players will turtle into a base they know they can defend and it turns into a farm feast.

Eventually the TR and NC go. I am sick of this meat grinder I don't care if we lose the alert It is easier and more fun to fight the TR or NC.

There is a reason VS has been slaughtering almost ever alert for a month it probably only going to get worse. The difference between fight DA and fighting random noobs is like night and day.
    • Up x 1
  6. ATRA_Wampa-One

Well, my outfit will do off faction nights and try to at least teach TR how to use their ridiculously good equipment.

Most of the problem with NC and TR on Emerald isn't how good it's players are... it's that command chat on the non VS faction is either a ghost town or filled with people arguing over who the bigger idiot is. I've said it here before but AOD and TE were the worst things to ever happen to TR on Mattherson/Emerald. Zergs don't win alerts, and zergfits don't win alerts. Really, TR needs to follow AJA since while they are obviously inexperienced they (a) actually learn (b) know what lanes to push and where to make stands (c) actually play the objective instead of just trying to farm.
    • Up x 1
  7. gibstorm

Because the people that used to do that RAGE quit a long time ago. Command and people that care about winning burn out when they are getting their face punched in every night.

Moral only lasts so long.
  8. ATRA_Wampa-One

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that AOD with their average KDR of under 0.8 fielding several platoons into one giant zerg and not caring about command chat has nothing to do with that.

Coop is filled with legit good players on TR and NUC is filled with legit good players on NC... so thinking that DA is the only reason why VS always win alerts is dumb because they're not. Hell, DA doesn't even play the alert 1/2 the time since they would rather farm. The problem is that TR and NC have no medium skill outfits or that their medium skill players are a part of the mega zergs that TR and NC always throw at VS.
    • Up x 3
  9. gibstorm

We don't have enough. I mean you honestly don't think you couldn't ROFL stomp them if VS brought the thunder. Maybe I am wrong but I pretty sure you could, Cause all I see is your top units eating up land like it's free. It's not just DA that was just an example. You know the tops ones that like to roll together. I mean all of them (DA, Goku, AT, V)

I have NEVER gone.....Thank god <insert unit> is here VS is about to get owned.

The people in zerg units aren't going to magically become FPS pros over night.
  10. ATRA_Wampa-One

Oh no, we do all the time. But we're a highly coordinated outfit that always plays the objective even if we only have a few people with +3 KDR's. The rest of us maybe hover around a 2.0 KDR. That and we're maybe a platoon strong on the weekends, it's more like 2-3 squads during prime time.

Also, to stroke my ego a bit... what are the outfits you fight on VS where you go "oh crap, we're about to get owned"?
  11. GrandpaFlipfox

NC would be winning nearly every alert if we didn't have a large chunk of players that just don't care. It wouldn't take much effort from them either, they'd just have to stop starting fights on every single available lane and dig in when we've got the lead.
  12. Negator

Youre the perfect example. lets start there.

So, which outfit are you in?
  13. gibstorm

What does it matter, This is an observation of the whole factions. I could be the worst PS2 player to ever live that doesn't effect that factions as a whole

You seriously think VS doesn't have the better players and units at the top??
    • Up x 1
  14. Tycoh

How did i not mute you yet? I'll fix that after this.

And apparently you're still acting like a narcissistic wretch who argued for the wrong reasons. Y'know, like the arguments over ZOE "not" being over powered, VS overpop "wasn't" killing Mattherson (which it did...), TR command not being "Strategic" enough, etc. How was that "Going to train TR's outfit leaders in tactics and strategy" gig going for ya. Last I remember, it wasn't going so well.

Don't bother responding to me specifically as I've not a single sliver of concern for your opinion and will not be able to see your messages after this post.

To others: Don't bother arguing with him as he will drag an argument painfully long just so he can give himself an illusion of being "correct". He'll just waste time and post space.
    Here's where he starts.
  15. gibstorm

If I see DA, Goku, AT, V there are some others those ones seem to be active alot. The tears start to flow. It's not that they are godly. They just have a ton of good to great players that are level 100 which turn or disorganized pubs into soup cause they are good at using combined arms to tear us apart.
  16. NightEngine

VS most certainly have not only a population advantage (when it matters) but also a skill advantage on Emerald. Further, they're hard to see and they seem to have a much better grasp in general on how their weapons work. I've been absolutely mauled by Orions and Siriuses. And finally, the VS, as a faction, work together. I'm in PHX and some of us try to work with NC command but they either never reply or are too busy arguing and calling eachother names.

My TR and VS characters are still new and I already see a difference in the climate of command. NC command is straight up toxic. Someone - I won't drop names - even told me the best way to get people's attention is to call them names.

If the NC and TR ever had the brains enough to declare a truce for an alert or two the VS would be spread too thin.
  17. Dracorean

You know, the VS on emerald don't beat us with zergs as often as we would think. Their weapons are pretty easy to use but they do have their downsides, I've used them before myself on my VS on connery. Though very often, the one thing I see that gets the NC and TR is just being outplayed and its fairly consistent too.

Though as an NC player, command chat is pretty demoralizing there, and players seem to complain about how weapons are overpowered or something like that.
  18. Tycoh

Eh, just presenting to the people from Waterson/New Emerald players what happened in Mattherson. And the pattern is looking like its going to repeat again, i hope i'm wrong though.

Yes, we know that the VS weapons are quite easy to use if you're conditioned to TR/NC weapons. But seeing as the devs wont do much about that (evidentally the ZOE nerf taking longer than the Scatmax nerf + Pounder splash damage nerf combined), underdog factions need to compensate through numbers or tactics with slightly sub par equipment to overcome an enemy with the equipment advantage.
  19. NightEngine

Yeah, I ignore people who claim VS weapons are all OP, but they are easy to use and the good VS players have mastered them - and their classes - to an incredible level. The VS outfits like to redeploy really fast and often, which at least takes some coordination and know-how, and gives the illusion that they're zerging.
    • Up x 3
  20. Kentucky Windage

I've been playing on Connery the last few months since the Matty/Water merge and have been waiting for all the hoopla to die down. I see things aren't really that different than before. VS still pulverizing everyone. I'm not sure what everyone thought would change. VS have great Command Structure and are highly organized. They work well within their community to maintain and sustain lines of communications between Outfits and have some of the best if not the best player base among all servers. The bar has been set. The template created for success. Maybe instead of complaining about the VS we need to be like VS. ;)
    • Up x 2