Server Maintenance for Game Update Sep 16th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Sep 16, 2014.

1. DoNotTryThisAtHome

If all your characters were deleted, it's probably caused by magnetically charged dust interfering with the flow of electrons through the traces on your motherboard. Just take your motherboard out and give it a vigorous washing with some gentle detergent or non-allergenic body wash. Or better yet just throw your whole chassis in the bathtub and let it soak for 15 mins.
    • Up x 7
  2. jelle123

everybody dont rage quit now just do your home work help your parents or go outside or call some friends but dont rage
    • Up x 3
  3. Devoneir

[IMG]

I'll just assume you are trolling.
    • Up x 6
  4. Babaroga

Any news on the headless stuttering characters?
    • Up x 2
  5. cyb_

Actually there were ETAs before, but since only 2% of them were "almost" correct and the other 98% took about twice as much time, SOE finally stopped giving out an ETA.
  6. mgbevan

After the maintenance today, I am getting a 'D-SUB out of range' error for my monitor when starting from the launcher.
    I had this when first getting the game, and fixed it by going into the game directory and setting game fullscreen resolution to desktop resolution.
    Have checked that the resolution is still set the same as my desktop but the error persists.
    Any suggestions?

EDIT:
    Short update, looked at previous solution posts in forum. Read to check refresh rate.
    Open user options in game directory, Find
    [Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximised=0

Change both to =60, save.
    Try again, no success.
    Look back in folder:
    [Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0

Maximized=60

Check again, nope. Every time FullscreenRefresh=0 despite going in and changing it.
    Advice most welcome.
  7. sagolsun

Based on the patchnotes, you could try opening up the UserOptions.ini and forcing the Smoothing to 0. They mentioned they're reading the refresh rate and using that in some way, could be related.

BTW, multiple monitors? Occulus attached? Downscaling? Any sort of non-standard configuration that could result in the game pulling the wrong refresh rate?
  8. ServingSize1oz

So immediately after I downloaded the patch and all attempts since to run the game have resulted in a full screen of static. Tried about a dozen times and nothing has changed. Game is unplayable.

EDIT: Works on windowed or fullscreen windowed, but if I switch back to fullscreen it goes to static again. Lame.
  9. SynaptixBrainstorm

10. Alizona

Still no fix for "ejection seat" bug that happens at least once each gaming session for me?

Am dissapoint.
    • Up x 3
  11. VengeanceIsMine

Quote is from D Carey.
    But my slider throttle on my Logitech extreme 3d pro joystick still wont register in keybinding, so its not completely restored to its previous state.
  12. Atenson

This .. Always this... I get that people are excited to play but sitting there mashing the "PLAY" button & logging on the millisecond the servers are unlocked is just asking for trouble (Directive Resets.)
  13. mgbevan

I've got a basic setup, nothing special like you mentioned.
    Tried turning smoothing off, to no avail, problem still persists.
    Can confirm that game does work in windowed mode.
  14. SynaptixBrainstorm

Im joining you this game doesnt runs better or worse just nothing...no gg no wp just nothing but a loss in one player which is me..i will check out the forums for new patches and i will try them out. Until then: goodbye planetside....
    at least i was able to turn BR100 before the sh:( t which is called hitching/memoryleak or whateverdafuq started

SOE=Bad player.
    And because of that i wont spend anymore money if the game is going to work again someday since it wont last forever.

They fix it they break it..They fix it they break it..They fix it they break it..They fix it they break it.........
    • Up x 2
  15. crocosoborizobaur

Okay but what is wrong with this patch? I can't open the game at all, i got blackscreen and says modify resolution but my resolution is ok, in useroptions file inclusive. If i close and restart the launcher, next time says "playing" but is stucked in launcher page, until i restart PC, then i got blackscreen again first time and "already playing" next times. Any solve for this? I am only one with this problem?
  16. Zubito

Do you guys seriously not realize that fixing the memory leak or whatever it is that's causing hitching and rendering the game unplayable to many should be your #1 priority right now? Are you serious guys, come ON! You can fix the nooks and crannies later. Just make the game playable, Jesus...
    • Up x 5
  17. Grayson

Here is a quick fix for it mate:
    -Exit the game
    -Turn off your PC
    -Stand up
    -Walk away and come back later

(ps. You don't deserve to be called the doctor if you don't even know what a maintenance is...)
    • Up x 2
  18. sagolsun

Try moving your useroptions.ini to a different directory (so that the game autogenerates a fresh copy) - if that doesn't fix it, upload a copy of useroptions (the new autogenerated one) it to pastebin and post a link here, maybe that'll give some info.
  19. SpaceHippo

I hope you're going to fix the random ejection seat problem as well...gets me killed almost every day, I'm playing light assault only for the moment. While I do enjoy the view from 1000m it's also kinda scary how small a Galaxy can appear to be.
  20. Jomango

Monitor going "Out of frequency" When I launch? Another bang up patch. I'm beginning to wonder if SoE considers anything older then 2-3 years when they make these fixes....