Test update notes: 7/2

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Jul 2, 2014.

1. J.C Simonetti

Really? an AP 'blast radius' nerf to the Prowler? Did it even have any?

You also nerfed the Prowler's HE, so now when you shoot up to the roof where infantry is hiding under, you wont be able to Splash them, but the Vanguard and Magrider will. Seems legit.

Why isn't TR complaining about this? I'm sure if it was the Vanguard or the Magrider, these f**k boys would be all over SOE.

Just uncalled for Prowler nerfs. Just remove that piece of sh*t already.
    • Up x 1
  2. FourTwoFour

One thing I am concerned about is... does this AP splash nerf mean that heavies with the shield up can now survive a direct hit? Can a dev comment on this? Thanks.
  3. Scr1nRusher

the splash doesn't effect the direct impact of it... You can test it out in the Field( have a friend willing to get shot by you)
  4. FourTwoFour

It does. So apparently I just tested the Prowler's AP and it doesn't one shot a Heavy with FLAK and WITHOUT FLAK if his shield is up. Are you serious SOE?

Randomness is BAD. Please revert it back to what it was. Shooting ESFs is already bad as it is (against good ESFs) because of the double shell, but now we have to hit heavies twice? That's something that should never happen due to having to hit them at range because they're locking us or using rockets on us. Any AP should always be a one hit kill and now the Prowler will lose that because people will use their shield for popping out of cover for a sec to shoot and get away with it.
    • Up x 4
  5. Pointyguide2

they should be highlighting the differences between the tank weapons
    not making them all slightly different from each other just so they have a different name
    they might as well have a single tank weapon available now
    • Up x 1
  6. Takoita

While these ones are much less ridiculous than the previous ones, the nerfs here don't make much sense either. Is Lightning suddenly too stronk to live now?
    • Up x 5
  7. Pointyguide2

and tanks should be tanks
    they should be strong and tough to take out
    • Up x 2
  8. Scr1nRusher

ah forgot about the fact that it does for a second.
    So instead of removing HE tank rounds..... they are..... doing ummm this stuff because they don't want to cut out the actual problem?
    • Up x 1
  9. J.C Simonetti

I still don't like the fact that any primary weapon from either the Vanguard or Magrider ( MAG-GUARD ) can destroy an ESF with one single shot while with the Prowler, 1 shot doesn't even set the enemy ESF on fire giving it the chance to retreat. I call all kinds of bull-SHHH especially now, that for some odd reason Prowler's can no longer anchor 'wherever' they like. Remember when the lib up above was shooting down at you so you find the nearest rock and climb it a little then anchor? Yea, well, you can no longer do that.

SOE forgot to put that nerf in their notes. F**k boys.
  10. DeadliestMoon

That kind of doesn't have anything to do with the game. Also didn't you read the posts underneath mine? My question was already answered by someone.
  11. Tacom

Tanks are a force multiplier. Tanks should be deadly in the open, with long range and powerful weapons.

If you want to avoid tanks and planes sniping into bases, give all bases a kinetic shield that stops high caliber ammunition. Force the tanks to get into the base if they want to siege the spawnroom, making them vulnerable.
    • Up x 2
  12. DorianOmega

wtf is wrong with the way tanks are on are on live? youve given us no reason to believe there needs to be a change to tanks any further beyond the velocity and reverse speed change, tanks are currently FINE, move on to something else.

Also why the massive reload speed buff on prolwer HE rounds compared to the changes made to the other guns? its almost like there is some kind of TR bias here...
    • Up x 1
  13. Elrobochanco

Just messed around a bit with the VS Spiker.

I like the burst part. It's nice that after begging for so long we finally have a burst pistol. And that's where the neat factor ends (ok the reload is cool).

I like the idea of the charge part, the ability to plan ahead and be more powerful. But (this might be a bug) charging the pistol appears to make it do less damage. You can two click (4 shot) headshot kill with uncharged shots, but you charge up and do it and the guy still has a sliver of health.

I'm not sure what the intended use of the charge potion of this weapon is. Why would you ever sit and charge (and out of cloak no less), when you could just double click for a better result, faster without any accuracy penalty. Is it missing some explosive damage that happens on charged shots?

What's the intended benefit of charge over the regular burst mode?
    • Up x 1
  14. Brasil

Nerf totally unnecessary, just to see the unhappiness of the players.
    I can not change that.
    The only certainty is that goodbye cash. Besides giving a break in this game.
    • Up x 5
  15. Kirppu1

16. JOups

Guys, Guys, Guys,
    can we still FOCUS on the general Tank nerf and not bring up some Factionbiased ****head behavior?

Better then the last attempt, but I still can´t see how this will bring Tanks into a more Combined Arms way.

Well I can understand, why they "nerf" the Heat, because, at least with a prowler, its a Jack of al Trades.

What I can´t Understand is the nerf of the general HE stuff against infantry?
    Isn´t the HE supposed to be the Nr. 1 Infantry killing Weapon? Shouldn´t this destroy footzergs?

Depending how that Shield of the Sunderer will work, I rather say Buff the HE effects against Infantry, nerf it further Against Armor, just to make it a thougher desicion what you want to do with your Tank.
    You should consider, if a Harrasser could take on a 1/2 HE farming Tank.
    I know, buffing the infantry killing aspects of Tanks sounds to many like a very dump and a stupid idea, BUT , first its that what a tank is for, second infantry got enough AV options which are quite strong at the moment, and thired, huge amount of the bases are finaly built non farm friendly. Of course there are some bases, and there are hills. But isn´t this what combined arms is for?
    Next Thing, if you would Buff the AI captilitys of Tanks, we wont have that footzergs running from base to base.. We need Tanks to do this job, approach to the next base, defend the sundis, supresse the base somehow.
    If a base is tankblasted so there is no way out, fine, spawn back. Since we can pull everywhere lightnings now, its easier to bring up counter attacks. What if infantry dont leave the spawn? well on Indar, they put up some SCU in smaller bases which open at halftime. So if the SCU gets destroyed, defender got 1 minute to set up the next defense, pull tanks, build up AV places etc.

TL: DR part one.
    BUFF AI tanks to make them the rule of the wide open fields and most ways between the bases. NERF AI Tanks to vehicle counter like Harrasser or AP lightnings, Build up SCU at every base so spawning back is promoted and defense and counter attacks can set up and destroy farmers.
    Infantry will stay the winner of the narrow fights along and inside bases.
    A Tank after all should be a monster, IF it is dedicated to fight AI. Higher the Resource cost if you would buff them.

But, after the recent month show, they stick to their way.
    If you Nerf the Tanks like that, at least higher the defense.
    You weaken the Tanks, so you should nerf the AV of Infantry significantly and / or buff their health and armor by 50-100% just to see how this will work out.

You doing this on Test, so why not test such things out? Or even on a week on the live servers.

We have to make the vehicle gameplay interessting and worth it again.(stronger, definded roles, better combat areas etc.

Sorry for that long blablabla of mine, just hoping to achive something
  17. nerubath

Combined arms are not only a question of balancing. it's also a question of mapdesign.

Aslong as you have almost no space for vehicle fights this will NEVER work! Getting a tank just for driving 80m to the next spawnroom is no fun at all and ofcourse u are not going to fight an epic battle under this circumstances. You are just fighting vs infantry behind spawnshields. they cannot get out and u cannot get in and while u are not able to kill them but they can kill you, tank/aircraft after tank/aircraft dies.

If you try to to take part in base capturing using vehicles is just frustrating.

btw. keep in mind that nerfing and nerfing and nerfing makes this experience even more frustrating!

i would like to see: destructible spawnromms/spawnroom CCs, bigger maps or less outposts so that u have more space for using vehicles and way stronger vehicle weapons! If spawnrooms are uncampable because they are destroyed and everyone can use vehicles on the field, spawncamping and infantryfarming in overzerged bases is over.

p.s. as i started ps2 in december 2012 vehicles were extremely powerfull and farming the **** out of everything but nevertheless i had way more fun then nowadays! And i really died alot!
    • Up x 2
  18. kadney

Can I get a 2x burst for my Inquisitor first? Anyone? Please? That pistol needs some love. :(
    In its current state its "useless" between the Emperor and the Repeater. It has more damage than the Repeater but less than the Emperor, it has a 21 rounds (iirc) magazine but only single firemode?

So it's a Emperor with more bullets but less damage.. -.-' for the sake of love and diversity, make it a 20 round magazine and please give it a 2x burst!
    We already was it on the PTS but then it got patched out again. :(

And a Repeater v2 with the only difference that you don't have to tap the LMB anymore and can hold it down..

Edit:
    And does the NC really get a shotgun pistol? Shotgun. Pistol? :eek:
    • Up x 1
  19. Cinnamon

This annoys me. Tanks and things like MAX suits are not a force multiplier by themselves they are merely another force on the battlefield. They only become a force multiplier when used in a tactic that makes them act as a force multiplier such as putting as much force as possible in a small area at one time.

Expecting individual tanks to be strong enough to act as a force multiplier when used by themselves, by someone acting independently, this is not intelligent implementation of the concept of force multipliers at all. It's just expecting a single unit to act as a force multiplier through dumb brute force.
  20. LLancaster

MBTs are no longer part of a zerg strategy. It is FAR easier to run to the next base as infantry, because they can hide in terrain more easily, rearm and heal faster, swap classes to counter something, and waiting in line for your tank to spawn only to have to get out of it again in less than 5 minutes because you can't capture points in a vehicle.

I see most issues between infantry and ANY vehicle as being a map design flaw. Sure the numbers can be tweaked for higher splash on HE or less effective range on MANA AV or whatever, those are minor fixes that help but don't solve the problem. But prior to the base updates, tank zergs were an issue. Now they are not. And this is MY issue that I have with the tank update, what is the end goal? Aren't we already at a point where infantry and tanks are pretty evenly matched? It costs, what, 300 resources for a MBT but getting several puggies to swap to HA and dumb fire spam costs nothing.

Why should I pull a tank at all if the option to suppress infantry with a vehicle is reduced to the point where it's better to just use the AI MANA turret because it doesn't cost resources and a time commitment to drive it to where you want to be. Not to mention I can spawn camp with the MANA turret in more situations than I can with a tank where bases are considered.

Suggestions:

1. Less bases. More space between bases would promote more vehicle on vehicle play and more support type play of troop transport and vehicle resupply. Why the hell do I need to pull a galaxy when I can run there in the time it takes for one to spawn, land, load up, and get there? Oh look, a juicy cert piñata! *dumb fire spam*

2. Vehicle focused bases. I dunno, something like a dummy vehicle spawner that doesn't lead anywhere but any vehicles spawned can be used as base defense. Skyguards on a tower? HE MBT next to SCU? Why not? Foot zerg would wash over them eventually as you can only fit one MAYBE two vehicles in the room. No deploy zones fix any thoughts of AMS spam. But it gives the base a little kick in flavor. There are a slew of other ideas to run with on that first sentence.

3. Better terrain transitions. Indar is a good example of this, trying to have one continent have everything in terms of terrain means that the terrain transitions can be extreme. Yes Indar was the first and had to be everything, but can we change that now? A player in a vehicle behaves differently when going between the tech plant and Indar excavation. One area has lots of rocky out croppings and hills and the other is very open. Which area best suites vehicles and which best supports infantry? Hard to say cause they're so ******* close to each other.

If what I'm reading from devs and such is correct, they're looking at changing how the game is played when people are in MBTs. Even with these new notes, I still don't want to play in a MBT after the patch lands. I very rarely pull a Prowler as it is. The resources are better spent on an AMS sundy.

TLDR:

Changing stats is a small fix. Level design is more where the problem lies.
    • Up x 2