PlanetSide 2 Coming to PS4 #MakeWarStories

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CEGrif

its just PC game footage
  2. Krayus_Korianis

It'd give me the feeling of "I NEED TO PLAY THIS". lol.
  3. Teshrrar

This mean which PS2 will finally support gamepad with quality?
  4. SierraAR

Only on the PS4.
  5. TheMish

Vanu will be crushed under the mighty boots of our Terran brethren! Rest assured fallen comrade, you will be liberated!

And no ;/ they won't. They might in the future, but at the moment, there isn't any plans or good news. They probably can, the PS4 is a pretty powerful console, it put the xbox one in the dirt in terms of gaming capabilities. So probably in a year or two after ps4 release, I think we might be able to play with ps4 players, or at least we might get some good news.
  6. InvitroCanibal

Why does it seem like everyone who comments in these forums, and on these updates, absolutely hates the game, its' creators and the players?

You know what this game needs, less ****** attitudes

I look forward to it coming out on PS4
  7. Sliced

The PS4 and PC servers will never merge, not because they don't want to but because they can't.
    It's far harder to get updates approved on the consoles than it is on PC. It will also slow down the PC updates even when they are approved on consoles. This will make the PC game suffer and the next update can't be worked on properly or thought out until the last update is public.
    Then there is also about how much faster the PC players are. I could aim and kill a console player in a fraction of the time it takes for him to just aim at me. A joy stick just isn't as good as a mouse and keyboard in FPS games.
  8. TheMish

Well that's disappointing. It would help the game a lot considering what it is. The massive fights, you know.

But honestly, if they managed to get PC and PS4 connected. I don't think the problem of a controller vs mouse & keyboard would be that much of an issue. This game is considerably slow paced than many fps games due to the design of it. You don't need to use split second turning and reactions to win all the time. Often the winner is whoever plays more intelligently. And that's whoever approaches carefully, checks corners, etc. Not the run and gun style gameplay we get in games like CoD, Combat Arms, etc.

In some situations, definitely the console player will be disadvantaged, but I think considering the gameplay that this game forces you to work in breaks that problem.
    • Up x 1
  9. Nixonia

All hail the Vanu!

Let our rifles with their perfect accuracy reach out and touch people, like the light of so many million stars, all across the universe! This purple spandex is grafted armor. This power source is unmatched. And this rifle shall be the undoing of any so foolish enough to fire such simple things as lead in our direction. We follow in the wake of a plasma stream! We are the harbingers of tomorrow! We know precisely where we are going, just like our weapons. And we are going forward. If that be over the NC and TR, then so be it. Those that do not adapt, die out. We control our evolution! Fear us, and get out of the way, or fall. We ride the brightness of the laser to victory!!!

Huzzah!!!!

In other news, anyone know if we'll be able to keep our unlocks across platforms? I really dont want to lose all my certs/weapons in the PC version.
  10. sagolsun

THe PS4 has the rough equivalent of a FX8120 CPU.

Even if you take into account lower system overhead (higher than previous gen still) and the streamlined pipeline, it's gonna chug.
  11. Cyrek

"Okay get inside, get inside, unload on it. Alright get on top on TOP"
  12. Shockazoid

You must be new to planetside
  13. Meep42

I hate all of you with high enough frame rates to actually perform in a fight containing more than 20 people. Just sayin'.
  14. Trivikama

This is an awesome poster. Thank you!
  15. Trivikama

OMG no Cross Platform? Please Developers, WHY???

Everyone keeps bringing up "approval" or "certification" of updates on consoles, but.... isn't the PS4 SONY owned? As well as PS2? So.... what's the problem here? Why wouldn't PS2 just get as many updates as it needed?

Also, the discrepancy between console and pc controllers in a FPS and/or a combined arms game is a myth. I'm sorry, but with the incredible controllers we have nowadays, as well as USB standard ports, Bluetooth, etc all standard in consoles, letting anyone plug in any mouse or keyboard, there is no appreciable difference between the skills exhibited by PC or Console players in any games.

I realize this is a very blunt statement, but I am sure that there must be another reason why there is no cross-platform. Is there an official statement somewhere? And, for what it's worth:

PLEASE DEAR GOD LET IT BE CROSS-PLATFORM! Look, SOE, you NEED something to compete with other MMO style FPS games, and you KNOW it. If there is ANY way for you to work out Cross Platform with PC, it's all you would need to be number 1.
    • Up x 1
  16. Trivikama

Oh lol. Also, with regards to the trailer: It was... alright... but where were the massive scale battles? I didn't see anything with more than a few to a couple dozen players at once. Can the PS4 not hack it?
  17. KillerCombo

you can't cross platform mouse vs aim assist controller. ****'n hurrrr no 3d first person shooter will ever be able to be cross platform, unless the shooting was that of metal slug just own all in that direction kind of thang.
  18. sagolsun

Aim assist, isn't that against EULA/TOS?
  19. Whatupwidat

Is it locked to 30fps?

Because if it's 60fps - RELIABLY - I might get that instead of upgrading my PC tbh...
  20. DaishiwolfDeathhound

Nicely done trailer, digging the awesome voice narrations :) Makes me wanna ditch my old 360 and get a PS4 lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.