As a full time Liberator Pilot

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by A Crispy Taco, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inex

Change to what?

Tell me, which motto should I be going by?
    "Never travel anywhere without at least 3 Skyguards"
    "Never venture more than 400m from a nest of flak turrets"
    "Never go outside without at least 3 A2G launchers and a Dual Burster at the ready"
    "Don't bother participating in ground combat: You have an ESF to learn how to fly"
    • Up x 7
  2. Qaz

I think every single one of the proposed nerfs is not only reasonable but also required.
    • Up x 5
  3. Gables

As a lib pilot and all around player (over 2/3 of my kills are while my boots are on the ground) libs are fine and easily countered by teamwork. The only time they are OP is when people just try to ignore them and proceed to get farmed.
    • Up x 2
  4. repinSniper

What happens when you use teamwork against a group that is using even more teamwork (especially with combined arms)?

It's the numbers, skill, and the actual engagement as well as how each side works with each other/synergies with each other that normally decides how the overall battles will be decided.

When teamwork and organization is non-existent, the other side tends to get their ***** handed to them.

Remember, how 'bout we use even more teamwork to counter nerfs? Why do we need to run solo with liberators and be able to kill a tank, how about using pairs to split up damage and deal more yourself to ground targets? A little extra teamwork should go both ways right, and you can always give that little bit extra? If something is going to take a nerf, instead of letting others know how much it shouldn't be changed, start to figure out what can be done with the new system. I know we don't like our toys having features taken away, but it's not the end of the world; and if these changes make something "impossible" to do now, well, adapt and why the hell is it "impossible" now?
    • Up x 1
  5. Alarox

While the proposed nerfs are certainly too much....

All it takes to kill anything in this game is a single Lib...
    Single Lib...
    Single Lib...
    Single Lib...
    Single Lib...
    Single Lib...

All it takes to ruin an entire fight and cause untold frustration for everyone else is a single Lib...
    Single Lib...
    Single Lib...
    Single Lib...
    Single Lib...
    Single Lib...
    • Up x 7
  6. Obstruction

just like to clarify that to "get farmed" as in "get farmed, noob," or "get farmed, scrub," is an action that a noob or a scrub must actively participate in. it implies that they are ignorantly (the noob) or willfully (the scrub) entering into a losing situation repeatedly, such that the person or persons "farming" are receiving a steady flow of xp much like the analogous real life farmer would harvest food from a garden or farm plot.

the difference of course is that the vegetables don't go crying on the forums, and that the noob or scrub should (hopefully) at some point stop participating in the process.
    • Up x 1
  7. Inex

Are they?

The nerfs so far appear to be:
    • Rolling back the resist changes from last update
    • Whacking the TB
    • Reducing velocities on the belly/tail guns (if it's like the tanks, this will be ~10m/s)
    • Cutting ammo reserves
    The sky! It has fallen! Everybody do the /flop!
    • Up x 9
  8. DHT#

Yeah, just use teamwork. Get 2 AA MAXes and 2 guys in AA guns and maybe, just MAYBE, they can kill the lib before it kills all of them with just the pilot and gunner. So 4 guys and 700 infantry resources to take out 2 in a lib for 350 air. Maybe. I'd give them about a 40% chance, maybe 20% if the pilot and gunner are decent at all.

Of course, if you only have 2 people, the pilot alone can easily handle the MAXes or turrets. Generally from ranges far in excess of where the ground units will have any sort of reasonable accuracy.

Completely balanced. You know, the only thing in the game that can literally fly into the face of it's supposed hard counter and come out on top every time. Balanced.
  9. Flag

10. michizzle

It takes only one good ESF pilot to make a lib turn tail. Combine that with a skyguard and any one random HA locking on, and you're pretty much a goner.

The PS2 community just needs to be better players. No matter how many times you buff or nerf something, the best players will always find a way to come out ahead, and it's always the players who are in the middle of learning to get the shaft.
  11. GlyphZero

good esf vs good lib crew; esf gets to exit life suddenly when the lib gunner hits him once. i've landed multiple decimator rounds on libs on those stupid pylon turns and they just float off and repair. i've run lock-on crews with split locations to maybe get one or two cheese kills and then get wiped by libs. hell, i don't even like running lock-ons since that lets your target know that fun is incoming, oh and it came from there, BUT i understand that some might have issues landing shots with the basic launchers. so yeah i'm amped that lib pilots will have to be less garbage. stay good and you won't have problems. if you find yourself sucking decimators down from chars whose names start with "ray," you can quit or get good.
  12. Mxiter

Libs will finally be like tanks: exellent against ground but almost defenseless agaist air.

OMG so much tears for a balanced stuff.
    • Up x 2
  13. AirSuperiority

You can see the lib far before it sees you. The only reason you die is because you go solo and expect to live. I do both, and lib is much much harder.
    • Up x 1
  14. AirSuperiority

Hmm? As an experienced pilot, there should be no reason you are dying to a unskilled lib crew. Those things are free certs.
  15. Inex

If only experienced pilots made up more than 1% of the playerbase, we'd be set.
    • Up x 4
  16. Rhumald

And ya' know what? all it's gonna take on your part after the update, is a little teamwork.

I fly lib occasionally, my friends have theirs reasonably certed, and I've invested some myself (looking forwards to the duster buff tbh). We do fly through heavy flak all the time, and that's just the one lib coming from the right angle. You work in liberator teams, man, I cannot believe AA poses any threat to your numbers right now.

What you don't understand is that your 350 resource cost vehicle can and likely does take out multiple vehicles. Heck, I'm not a great gunner, and I fly with the shredder almost exclusively when I'm gunning, but even me and my inexperienced pilot have been able to take on multiple ESFs with it, just by communicating. "I don't have an angle on the target, there's a scythe to our left, ennemy lib NW, AA fire from our target location, lets pull off and come around from the back"

I'll even tell you our comon place build: Racer chasis, afterburners, and flak armor. we can hover over two flack sources for a solid 5 seconds before we're at half HP, and then we're just gone. Seriously, our base flying speed with racer chasis is the same as a reaver's afterburners w/racer, and then we can use our afterburners to travel an additional 100m/s. Nothing can catch us, nothing but another Lib can or has killed us without working together with at least 6 other units per lib we pull (4 total for dual bursters or lightnings, G2A missiles are joke to both outrun and out maneuver if there's multiple locks).

If we're going AA role, we use the combat chasis, and then we can out turn any ESF, and pound it into oblivion, because they can't dodge all three of our guns.

Way I see it, everyone else has plenty to complain about, and you'll still get plenty of kills after the inbound nerfs, as well as retain your ability to retreat from any battle without worrying about persuers beyond a hostile Lib. Live with it dude, you're not meant to be the master of all trades... Try using another vehicle for a change, it'll be fun without the liberators constantly raining death on you.
    • Up x 4
  17. Gundem

Liberator's top speed with Racer is 280ish KPH. With AB that goes up to 340kph.

Racer Reaver's AB speed is 450kph.

Really, I can hardly take any more of your post with anything but a grain of salt because of that.
  18. MasterDemoman

As a full-time receiver of LIBn's work... I am not at all concerned for your well-being. Go help your own faction out instead of farming NC-TR fights, then I'll have respect for you.

Okay, I don't see EVERYONE in your outfit being farming scrubs, and I do think you guys have some skills. (But I still have absolutely no respect for the farmer Joes in there, at all, EVER!) I can see this update being a little too extreme, but, seriously, what poses a threat to a Liberator in an ideal situation? (Because you seem to want to place the Lib in an ideal situation to get shot down) Liberators are not B-17 Flying Fortresses, and people on the ground are expected, for the most part, to deal with threats ON THE GROUND. Not everyone is going to be toting around an air lock-on that wont do s:eek:t to deployed sundies, y'know.

Though honestly, I can sort of sympathize with you, these nerfs may be a bit too extreme, but they still are a step in the right direction.
    • Up x 2
  19. Gundem

Lock-on launchers do even more damage to Sunderers then standard ones.
  20. MasterDemoman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.