PlanetSide 2 Coming to PS4 #MakeWarStories

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krayus_Korianis

Sorry, but I have a bad feeling about this. This isn't even gameplay. This is all structured in a way to promote the game, not what it is. It's just team killing in the warpgate, bases and other places...
  2. TheMish

No, the they are still Terrans at heart, but their minds stolen by alien technology they don't even understand, or know how to control. We banned non-governmental research due to the possible risks, and WE...WERE...RIGHT!

The self-centered Oligarchs of the New Conglomerate know what they're doing. Fighting for fat cats to gain unrestricted financial gain, and calling it freedom. They tried to destabilize our Republic, and they nearly destroyed our fleet as we tried to go through the wormhole in our solar system! The New Conglomerate deserves nothing more than extermination, they must be shot like peasants.

Destroying the Vanu Sovereignty, this cult...will be a mission for liberation. We will destroy the influence of this...Vanu entity, and bring our brothers and sisters back home. Then will Auraxis see peace, and finally, an end to the need of a military on Auraxis.

See to it that every man, and women wearing a New Conglomerate badge is hunted and exterminated, and their children stripped from their propaganda and shown the truth, and obliterate the Vanu technology, and cure our lost Terrans of the disease that is Vanu.

That's right NC and VS...**** ya'll.

I'm not a damn heretic!

That's an awesome gif btw, I couldn't stop laughing at it.
    • Up x 1
  3. TheMish

Get Google Fiber if you live in the US. I'm gonna dump Comcast for it.

Just to compare.

Comcast offers 15mb/s download speed, they also throttle it if you're on a site they don't like.

Google Fiber=1000+ mb/s and no throttling.

You'll have a faster speed than him XD Much faster
  4. vipjerry

This is without any doubt one of the worst PS2 trailers i have ever seen. Guys this is disgusting. Looks like someone has lost his compass or hate PS2 so much when he decided to use this as promotion trailer. I hope you didn't pay for this PS2 anti propaganda.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kirppu1

But even if they are still loyal they need to be punished because of their campaign against the obviously superior Terran republic
  6. TheMish

Clearly, but remember. We strive for peace and unity. It's the Conglomerate that is the true threat to the Great Republic, the Vanu cult is simply under the influence of technology. They are in a hell they cannot escape, we need to break the grip of this Vanu entity on our once loyal brethren.

By the end of this war, the Oligarchs will be exterminated, and if Vanu is another species. They will feel the full wrath of the Terran Republic for stealing our brethren from us!

But as for punishment, the ex-cultists will live with the guilt of killing their own people. They will be shown the bodies of the fallen Terrans, and they will see what happened because they chose to blindly explore that technology without fully understanding it! It will strengthen their loyalty as they will see that we were right, and they will have an unstoppable hatred and desire to exterminate the NC, and find this Vanu entity or species, and destroy it as well. If it is a species, we will capture their people, as they have stolen ours! In fact, we'll take 10 times the people they stole from us. And leave them shivering in fear of our Terran might!
  7. Kirppu1

Indeed, the corporate slaves or the "freedom" "fighters" need cure the most since they are selfish cowards that are hiding like rats against Mighty exterminators known as Terran Republic soldiers. Therefore they need to be exterminated because they do not have the bravery of an Terran republic to show themselves. And to be in peace, Instead they want to wage war, so we give them war, but then again the cowards just run away
  8. ironeddie

I'm on fibre here in the UK with a company called Virgin media. They offer the fastest speeds in the UK although they don't cover the whole country. It's a bit odd here though in that although our download speeds are getting much faster our upload speeds are kept throttled back quite heavily.
  9. ironeddie

You know if they just filmed an actual battle that would probably be great advertising. I was watching a fight the other day involving multiple tanks, infantry of all kinds and air support. It was a sight to be hold both sides going at it with everything. If I saw that in a trailer it would excite me and probably make me want to give the game a go.
    • Up x 2
  10. TheMish

Their cure will be the storm of bullets from our gatling guns, rest assured, they will all fall! They lack discipline, strength, honor, and the unbreakable loyalty of the Republic. They serve the highest bidder, not the civilization that gave them a good life, the very people that would've protected and died to protect them as they grew up! They are traitors, and the real tyrants, they dare call it Democracy! With a leadership consisting of what? CEOS? Fat Cats? People who see only money? I'd rather put a corpse in office!

They can run, I'll have no problem obliterating every rock they set foot on, we will raze every home! If peace is killing your brethren for a diamond, then I'd rather have eternal war!

(SOE...pls ban all NC, NC are poooooo)
  11. TheMish

Yeah I hate companies that throttle internet speeds. Worst part, is they don't lose a damn thing if they stopped.

Google Fiber here in the states will definitely put an end to Comcast, AT@T, and other internet providers. Even if Google kept the same speed as them, at least they won't throttle, and that itself, would make them the better competitor for the market, because it makes us happier customers when we have a company that builds itself around the customers, and only the customers. And google knows it, because of that, they have people like me leaving and preparing to immediately cancel our plans with our current providers when it's in our area.

By the way, Virgin media is the same company Virgin right? The international one? I think they even own an airline.

I think honestly upload speeds are just plain slower that download speeds. I asked my buddies here about their speeds, they all claim their upload speed is at least 1/4 of their download speed.

According to the speed test. I have a 57.45 mb/s download speed. And a 11.69 upload speed. So yeah, it might be possible that your company is holding back upload speeds, or it might be something else.

Mine, holds back download speeds, here in the US downloading is advertised more than food XD. So I'm not surprised if mine is throttled, and they'll try to take a couple more bucks a month from me to get more speed, which they'll probably try to throttle down again.
  12. ironeddie

I think it's a technical problem that prevents high upload speeds but it's not impossible. I chatted to a guy in Korea once who had like a 200Mb/s upload speed.

Yeah it's the same Virgin. Founded and still owned/run by a Brit called Richard Branson. Started off as a small record shop. Eventually became a big record shop with a chain of stores though that got sold off. Does own an airline, a travel agency, the cable TV and Internet company I use and also a rail way franchise. And probably other stuff I can't think of!
  13. Kirppu1

But that's why we are killing them. For the eternal peace. Here have a motivational poster
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  14. TheMish

Oh yes, my sexy handheld minigun. I took on 4 New Conglomerate dogs with this weapon this morning. Lets hope they remember the power of the mighty Terran T7 until I crush their skulls as I and my fellow Terran brethren trample them in our superior Max suits! I'll make sure to make it heavier than necessary, with more bullets to put in those dogs.

Open season on the New Conglomerate! We'll deal with the cult later, I want to see the light fade from the eyes of the Conglomerate peasants when their wealth is lost and given to our poorest, so they may live in prosperity, which was STOLEN by those cockroaches that so disgustingly call themselves freedom fighters, and even worse, and so inhumanely, that the cult can't even come close to...they call themselves soldiers.

We'll see who's the soldier when I park my Prowler on their legs!
  15. Kirppu1

Execllent work clean some more of this filth and we are done with this war
  16. Aeon Pyro1515

Hail vanu!!! are ps4 players able to play with pc players???
  17. Jezs

You can use a mouse and keyboard on a PS3 with certain games, surely they will be able to with a PS4 and planetside
  18. Runegrace

But it's not standard, even if they included support. Most would be using a gamepad, meaning that the PC players are going to have advantage over them. Cross-platform is a cool idea, but only if it's not putting one group at a disadvantage. It simply does not work well for the FPS genre.

And it also does not work for PS2 at all, given the dev cycles. Here on PC they can hot fix things, so we get more rapid (and sometimes broken) updates. On console you're more limited and often have to have each update validated before pushing it live, which takes more time. The console version will be getting less frequent consolidated updates, meaning the two will never be running the same version of the game. No amount of keyboard and mouse support is going to get around that.
  19. NinjaTurtle

Please don't mess up the launch.

I'm not playing the PS4 version but please don't make the same mistakes you made on PC and release to early unoptimized for the platform and full of bugs

@ RADARX

Is that actual PS4 test footage or just PC game play? Looks pretty good for PS4 if it is, thought it would have been down scaled graphically more

Oh and why is it ALWAYS coming soon?
  20. NinjaTurtle

If you can use a M+K on PS4 those PS4 players on that system that take up that option will own all the controller users :eek:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.