Upcoming Tank and Liberator Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kevmo, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlock

If you're going to nerf the ESF AV capabilities I think you should give us more resistance to AA. If not then leave the rocket pod damage to AA the same.

This is an indirect buff to AA vs ESF's, now we got no chance at all to fight against the AA, it already was very difficult now it will be impossible.

So short nerf AA agaisnt ESF if you will be nerfing Rocket pods against vehicles.
  2. Tuco

Tanks stay at long range and try to pick off enemies usually because they're grossly underpopulated in an area. If this range goes through then this makes zerging even worse.
    • Up x 1
  3. Arch

We can only assume the reason for the decrease in velocity and the gravity effect is to force tanks and liberators to operate at a closer range than they were previously able to do so. Tank on tank battles are static affairs for the most part. The best defence in a tank v tank fight was to find a good place to shoot from and stay at range and normally the first one to score a hit would win eventually. With the proposed changes, tanks no longer need to be static to effectively hit the target, and battles can take place at medium ranges while on the move, and if anything the static sniper tank is now at a disadvantage as it will be easier to hit than a moving tank.

So im not convinced the nerf is as bad as people think it will be when it comes to its effect on gameplay, so ill reserve judgement until i experience it for myself.
    • Up x 1
  4. Arch

Couldnt care less what happens in WoW, havent played it in 6 years.

Edit re sim comment. No im not a sim player, not since my teens many many years ago. Gameplay trumps real world simulation. If you want true simulation, two shot kills on all infantry weaponry, tanks need a 4 km range on the main gun and lockon range to be increased to 8km
  5. KnightCole

Well, atleast they are finally giving tanks stabilized guns.
  6. Tuco

A) Tanks engage at long range because they are locally underpopulated, this change will make zerging worse by preventing us from picking off vehicles in the zerg from long range.

B) Static tank battles where tanks duck behind cover to repair is going to be made even more drawn out when tanks are going to be able to go full reverse speed/acceleration to duck behind cover and repair.
    • Up x 1
  7. MrJengles

Tanks without turret stabilization are unfun and contribute to bad gameplay, like just sitting still and acting as artillery rather than leading a charge. Also, it's harder to balance tanks vs anti-tank weapons because tanks are overly reliant on armor instead of mobility and armor combined. For example, dumb-fires have horrendous velocity but it wouldn't make sense to be faster unless tanks had a better chance of dodging.

Really, this was an incredibly welcome change as it's so vital to basic, good gameplay. VS players may feel hard done by it but remember that you've effectively avoided this issue all this time. Having an advantage should mean you're better at something, not asking opponents to have a sucky experience.

Instead of holding back the game, why not focus on what ways Magriders could be improved?
    • Up x 3
  8. ata98

9. Tuco

Is this full reverse thing suppose to help against LA, Liberators, or rocketpods cause it won't help cause I usually instantly die before being able to hit the "S" button when being attacked by LA, Liberators and rocketpods. So how does one hit the reverse button when we're already dead?

The only thing this will do is make it easier to farm doors by backing up faster to avoid decimators. And make it easier to back up faster behind cover at long range tank duels to repair, and I think we can all admit that playing the long range tank duels for 3 straight minutes and not getting a kill is pretty lame. Too bad the repair gun doesn't have limited ammunition like it did in PS1.
  10. ata98

Can you do some buffs for the harasser in the next patch , it's so weak against small arms fire it dies so fast
  11. Tuco

Crappy/arcadey tank ballistics is a buff to the harasser.
  12. Arch

A) if your outnumbered locally you can still engage from range, it just wont be as easy and you will have to compensate more for the trajectory arc

B) Make use of your new stabilised gun, go forth and finish him off while he is busy retreating.

If you are unwilling to do either of these things, your going to struggle when the changes hit live. Adapt and survive, stay still and be consigned to history.
  13. RemusVentanus

Well i can only speak for myself, but i only stay at range because there is a sea of infantry between me and my target (other tanks) that is trying to kill my while i fire my catapult at the enemy tanks. I dont care for infantry unless they point their lockon launchers and manas on me. That said, Quartz Ridge to Indar Excavation is a bit limited in terrain options when the hill on Indar Comm is littered with enemy MANAs.

-Edit- since the Saron revamp (that i still hate, i started using halbert since the latest nerf) i adopted a kinda brawel flanking style while i was too stubborn to change to halbert.
  14. Arkenbrien

• Up x 1
  15. Nody

Well lets see; today:
    1) No turret
    2) Lowest DPS over all and lowest on main gun vs. total damage
    3) Highest ttk
    4) Lowest armor (shared with Prowler having highest damage)
    5) Largest target
    6) Slowest tank
    7) Worst empire specific ability for any combat value
    8) Worst gun depression
    9) Slowest shell with highest drop
    10) Stable frame
    11) Fastest in reverse
    12) Can dodge shells at 250m+ range

Since 10 to 12 s going away we'd need:
    1) 360 degree turret with quick turn speed with top mounted turret
    2) Increased main gun damage to beyond Prowler
    3) Kill time of main gun = Prowler kill time on Magrider or Vanguard with shield up to kill a Magrider from the front (which ever is shortest on a 1/2 tank)
    4) With point 3 can be left (still a downside)
    5) No change
    6) No change
    7) Omni burner with twice the duration
    8) Adjusted to be equal to Prowler (it's 2 degrees as I recall)
    9) Equal to the other tanks
    10) No change

Now you got a Magrider that can at least stand toe to toe with other tanks but not a single TR or NC would ever want to be on equal footing like that.
    • Up x 1
  16. Scr1nRusher

As forumside & redditside freaks out about these changes......

SOE already tested all of them before hand and know how they will work.

From someone who understands how balance changes effect gameplay... i think SOE knows what they are doing this time around.
  17. Tuco

it's a buff to overpop zerging and your alright with that.

yeah i'll hit my boosters and go fly over 500 meters in an instant to "finish him off" while he ducked behind cover to repair. Awesome.
  18. Klypto

Come Closer Infantry, I wish to farm you more.
    • Up x 1
  19. palto1826

this is done by on the fly dpi switch... though i dont use it because it makes it harder to aim if its too high
  20. McToast

Moin
    Striker, ZOE, C85 and the harasser are likely to disagree with you. Soon liberators, MBTs and AH will too.
    • Up x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.