PlanetSide 2 Coming to PS4 #MakeWarStories

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RadarX

Be sure to check out the newest PlanetSide 2 trailer and a special thank you for DasAnfall, Outfit-X, and Validus Gamers for lending a hand in it's filming.
    • Up x 3
  2. JackD

Not so sure, i mean this war is going on since years without a end in sight. Shouldnt we lay our weapons down and start talking about peace?
    • Up x 5
  3. Yuki10

Fresh bugs coming to PS4 platform. Exciting ! A new way to find aggravation and a reason to smash PS4.
    • Up x 6
  4. MajiinBuu

Victory or Sovngarde
    • Up x 2
  5. blueangleofdeath

6. Paragon Exile

0:08

A scene I see often.
  7. TheMish

Maybe between the TR and VS. But the NC started the whole war, they need to be exterminated. All of them
    • Up x 5
  8. Liberty's-Call

#makewarstories **** that!

#makeitcrossplatform
    This is our first big opportunity Sony as gamers to have a big title go X-platfom and you said no?! This is a rare combination of a game that goes to PC and a console, that is majority owned by one company! SONY! You own Planetside 2 AND you own PS4, for ***** sake, PS2 for PC and PS2 for PS4 are down the ******* hall from each other! Run a LAN line between them and give us X-platform.

Don't give me that it's unbalanced ****, this whole game is still unbalanced; people keep showing up don't they?

And I don't wanna hear that it can't be done. There is a unmanned rover on Mars, powered by the sun doing **** by itself. You can figure this out SONY. No matter how many times you throw it back at me, I still have faith in you.
    • Up x 9
  9. ColonelChingles

I liked the old video you guys made much better...

This new one was a lot more "gogogo" weirdness... which in PS2 is usually the nutcase that's urging everyone to run out of the spawnroom right into enemy fire. Come to think of it even in organized ops I don't normally hear people talk like that.

The old ad was much more "accurate" to the types of comms you'd hear in a semi-serious op, with a bit of joking going on as well!

EDIT- I mean yea that video had its share of funnies as well (strategy = a flock of Liberators), but in terms of comms I liked it more!
    • Up x 5
  10. Runegrace

It's unbalanced in that it's majorly unfair for the console players. Joystick is nowhere near as accurate as mouse for fine aim. This has been done before with Shadowrun for the 360. They gave console players the magnetic auto-aim, and also handicapped PC players by causing their aim to bloom while turning, etc. Result? PC players still had a major advantage in aim.

While cross-platform would be great to see in other games, a FPS simply does not work for it. It's a good move on SOE's part.
  11. Brusilov

Finally console peeps can play a worthy shooter :)
    • Up x 2
  12. Hannabelle

It's not so much about accuracy, which you can fix with various aim-assist tools like the ones all console shooters use already. It's about time-costs. The time-cost for aiming on a console joystick is related to how you set your sensitivity. Higher sensitivity and you reduce the time-cost for aiming, but at the expense of fine control. Lower sensitivity gives you better fine control, but increases your time-cost. Ultimately this means that reducing the time-cost of aiming below a certain point isn't practical, because while you can quickly change your angle, you can't actually land it anywhere you actually want it to be.

With a mouse, however, an experienced player can actually get the time-cost of aiming pretty close to zero, without sacrificing any fine control at all. It's an insurmountable advantage.
    • Up x 1
  13. Umrtvovacz

Why is the trailer in 720p? What resolution/framerate will PS2 run on PS4?
  14. Kirppu1

Are you saying that the filthy vanus aren't needed to be exterminated as much? If so that's heresy

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  15. ironeddie

unrelated to your comment or this thread. But. I want your upload speed.
  16. KiwiChieftaiNZ

What? The 1 TR Guy who cracked after realizing that NC's freedom was the best (And that SOE hates them) and gave his friends the ultimate freedom, death
  17. ironeddie

When is PS2 coming to the PS4? I'm assuming if soe are making trailers and consequently starting to advertise that it must be happening relatively soon?
  18. ShortRovnd

How about SOE fixes the Recruit Rewards system before they release PS2 on PS4?

I want to promote this game, but you're not holding up your end of the deal at the moment.
    • Up x 1
  19. Umrtvovacz

Sorry for continuing off topic.
    You should move to Czech Republic, then! Everything is much cheaper here but the salaries are lower but not low enough, making us having more spare money than you in GB! We also have better welfare and social systems and MUCH lower unemployment rates! We also speak English quite well, at least younger generations.
    Move now. :D
    • Up x 1
  20. MichaelS

hmm, is this a PC video advertising a PS4 game with no real dates but sometimes in the lifecycle if PS4?
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.