Rocket Launchers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bibibla, May 27, 2014.

1. FABIIK

I have no problem with the RL 1h killing people. If I had to complain I'd say the splash damage is out of place. I would envision the RL as shaped charge warhead. It's main purpose being to penetrate armor, the splash is negligible.
  2. LodeTria

Someone needs to make a paint picture of the thread title.
  3. Grayson

Sigh again..
    1.you have 1 shot, if you miss you probably die.
    2.the splash damage is near to nothing you're basically shooting AP shells all the time.
    3.Why shouldn't a a dam rocket kill an infantry when even my own turret can kill me if i jump on it and touch the ceiling?
    4.#Flak armor (So with rocketnurf you will be basically immune to rockets cuz nanintes or what?)
    5.Not to mention that it's really rare that i encounter this.....only when in a ~mid, long distances fights where you NEED some good aim to hit something ( and imo if you can hit something in a long distance such as infantry with the rocket...you deserve a kill.
    +a good counter against the stupid game mechaninc/ tactics -->"SHOVE ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE SMALLEST BUILDING CUZ TACTICS"
  4. Xebov

NC supporter,
    To write it again so you may understand it this time. The game has FLAK armor to protect players from explosions. The limitation on FLAK are the dumbfire launchers as they are a OHK even to FLAK users. This results in palyers being unable to protect themself against this weapon. The dumbfires should at least be changed to remove the OHK ability against FLAK users, making FLAK an option to use to protect yourself against it.
    • Up x 1
  5. PastalavistaBB

Here you go:

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  6. Mustarde

I won't argue with your post - everyone is entitled to an opinion and it's ok to disagree about rockets. But I wanted to address this comment. My abuse of rockets was exactly that. Abuse. And what I wanted the community to ask themselves was if it was good for the game to allow rockets to be used this way. Because most players don't actually run out with the rocket all the time. But there are plenty who pick up easy kills like you see in this video, by the thousands.
  7. Negator

is this obligatory but completely full of fluff internet snark just for the sake of snark?
  8. Torok

Revive Grenades nerf, go Mustarde
  9. Mystogan

First, that is only YOUR assumption. Second- data please about this "thousands" of abusers. How many kills by RL by hour in PS2? How many auraxiums on RL in PS2? How much accuracy with RL? How much K/D of those thousands players RL primaries in PS2? Data Mustarde, you are still just trying to make your point but I dont see argumetns.

And every weapon in this game is ALLOWED to be abused. Does it mean we have to make videos like that? I told you- I can abuse Vortex/Pounders/Grenades/C4/Coyotes/etc by whole week and make video like this. And that I can also tell "what I wanted the community to ask themselves was if it was good for the game to allow XXXX to be used this way"- aswer is- NO. Becasue that is only abusing for the sake of it, and not because it viable tactic and more effective in any way than default options.

The example of what you are TRYING to talk about is old Vulcan: it was BETTER at AA than basilisk in its old days. I did not need abuse- it was fact and that is why it got nerfed. But RL are not better in terms if killing/KD/Kills/Hour than any LMG/Shoties/Pistols. That is the difference, Mustarde.

I ask you again, how much time did you die trying to RL primary, how much times you failed after only one RL kill, how much time did it take you to make moments for that video and how much kills you got on your RL in this time?

I am not trying to make my opinion- I am trying to give you hard facts and arguments why your RL primary video/thread is not viable and can't be used for the argument.

Show me clear gameplay video: like 20-30 minutes of Shadowplay WITHOUT editing when you try to run RL primary. And if that will show me how easly you get tons of kills and killstreaks and how easy it is- I will give you a point. But edited moments like that can make ANY WEAPON in PS2 look like OP abusing weapon.

Just something for you to think about.
    • Up x 3
  10. Posse

It's not like it's effective to play rocket primary anyway, that's why the only problem with them is just the pointblank instakill, which is the same reason shotguns are ridiculous right now.
  11. Ghosty11

OMG DOEEET!!! I need a good laugh.:eek:
  12. ironeddie

my original reply to this has been removed for being unconstructive. Can't argue with you though it does say infantry. Touche.
    • Up x 1
  13. Vikingo

1-5 times a week and I kill about the same amount myself with the rocket launcher.

I think this thread should stay on the first page among the rocket complain threads to illustrate how insignificant the "Rocket Primary" issue acctually is.
    • Up x 1
  14. Thrustin

I don't have an option for shotguns to not OHK me on close range, same goes for bolt-action sniper rifles. So nerf them too I guess?
  15. DrPapaPenguin

This is forumside, not commonsense.com
  16. Xebov

OHK is only available on Pump Action Shotguns and only up to a certain Range, so the Range is very limited, the Range can be shortend using Nanoweave. Bolt Action Snipers are only capable of OHK when doing headshots. Rocket Launchers however have an unlimited range for the OHK and can do it even on Bodyhits.
  17. Konstantinn

Key quote "It's really annoying to die". That I would agree with, as for the rest... I can't agree with nerfing rockets being the solution.
  18. Yaesu

All I know, regardless of what the posts say on this thread, is that because of all the nerfing, PS2 has become less and less fun to play. Heck, I haven't been on since the 2X XP weekend. As per a post several weeks ago, when will PS2 be left with swords & axes for weapon choices? Hell, sticks and stones??!! That's how I felt, after loggin on one day to see what was done to weapons I purchased that are now JUNK!!!

What's so really sad, is that I really used to love the game. I was introduced to PS2 a little less than a year ago through my son, niece, niece's BF, and brother, who all played together. Then, a big WoW fan, I downloaded PS2 only to find my machine didn't run it well at all. VERY puzzling, seeing I know there's a LOT MORE going on with WoW, than PS2. Regardless, I saved up some money, and built a new machine. That was back in October. Today, between the hacking, nerfing, the directions PS2 has/hasn't went, my son, niece, and my nieces BF no longer play PS2 anymore. And my niece and her BF had been playing since PS1's conception!

To whomever, thanks to the crying/nerfing, just know that it's really KILLING THIS GAME.
    • Up x 2
  19. Fenrisk

Show me plenty of players with thousands of infantry kills using dumb fire rockets. Show me players who kill more infantry with a dumb fire rocket then they do their LMG. Otherwise your just lying and making up crap as you go a long because in truth you was looking for a nerf from the very start.

In reality Rockets account for around 1 in 100 infantry deaths. Even suicides and friendly fire kill more infantry then rockets. Rockets are a non issue outside your edited video and I bet you could not even find 10 players who have THOUSANDS of infantry kills with a rocket.
    • Up x 3
  20. Thrustin

And Rocket Launchers have long-*** loading time, terrible CoF, and terrible bullet drop.

So they all have their pros and cons, not one outweighing the other.