Upgrade Now Button

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 27, 2014.

1. RadarX

We've been monitoring all of your feedback regarding the Upgrade Now buttons and we do appreciate all of it. I wanted to take a second to explain why you are seeing this and our Spring Sale ad so frequently. Currently the system is delivering the ads in a way that we didn't intend it. This was compounded by crashing issues today.

The team is actively making adjustments to severely reduce the number of times you should see these. While we do understand some of you would like them removed entirely, this is the not the direction we are planning to go at this time. We do however want to ensure you never see more than a couple ads during a play session.

As always we do appreciate your continued thoughts.
    • Up x 16
  2. Traxiconn

Thanks Radar!
    • Up x 2
  3. Thurwell

I'm usually a member so I don't see these, but I still think any game interrupting popups are unacceptable. Convince people to subscribe by making a good game and making the subscription a good value, not annoying people with popups. That's how creepy malware makes money.

While I'm complaining, as a member I don't need to be reminded that I'm a member on every screen. I'm already aware, you can remove that.

Holy crap, I'm a member and I still get sale popups interrupting my game play? This is completely ridiculous.
    • Up x 30
  4. RyanGUK

Will the "Upgrade Now" ads be hidden for users currently subscribed, in the near future?
    • Up x 3
  5. bonkfire

Can one of the benefits of being an auraxium membership be that I don't get pop ups about ongoing sales in the middle of a fire fight?
    • Up x 5
  6. RadarX

The goal behind this was to highlight what are going to be some pretty amazing sales. This is not something we plan to use outside of a large sale. We do want this feedback and I've been ensuring folks know.
    • Up x 2
  7. gigastar

Or better yet, can we not get the notificiations at all?

Ill probably rebind W, A and D to whatever N used to do by the end of the week.
    • Up x 8
  8. DJPenguin

And for those of us who used to be members and/or made SC purchases already? Will we still be seeing it? We're well aware of the game having a membership feature. We have our reasons why we're not subscribed and it's stunts like these that reinforce our stance.
    • Up x 18
  9. RadarX

If you are not a member you will still only see a couple of these per play session. They can obviously pop up at inconvenient times but we are going to ensure they are as unobtrusive as possible.
    • Up x 2
  10. RyanGUK

So in that case if you are a member, you won't see any popups? Regardless of what membership level you are? If you haven't got the answers right now just say. Same goes for what I asked regarding "Upgrade Now" images, if it's not been decided then tell us that please. :3
  11. HadesR

It only need's to be seen once per play session / log in ... If I click No, I'm not going to change my mind within a few hours .. And hey if I do ( unlikely ) I know where the depot is without the reminder .

Don't treat us like idiots and we will not treat the team like one ..
    • Up x 36
  12. Thurwell

Nope, if you're a member you still get popups. Spring sale, do you want to buy crap in the middle of a fight! No dammit, I'm getting shot right now.

Holy crap, I just got a popup saying Thank you for being a member! Again I'm aware that I am a damn member, get rid of this ****.
    • Up x 8
  13. EmmettLBrown

Any idea why sigs are getting nuked for adding the button?
  14. Fangry

If they should be anywhere, they should be on death screen, when logging in etc, not an annoyance when one is in combat
    People will just be annoyed and stop playing so it will work against its purpose
    Thankfully I wont see these as my sub ends in November, where it wont be renewed
  15. RadarX

If you are a member you should not see the popup for members. If you are talking about the sales ad, yes you are going to see that at least once.
  16. cruczi

I don't understand why these deals don't simply popup right upon login to the server, maximum once per day per character. Why pop them up during gameplay?
    • Up x 5
  17. RadarX

It qualifies as trolling so yes our moderation team has been removing them. If you have opinions, we prefer you state them constructively.
    • Up x 2
  18. RyanGUK

Thing is though as a dev in another thread has already stated, the sales currently going on now are just for this weekend. In its current state I know you get popups, but I'm wondering if that's related to the bugs Radar has already detailed or if that's going to be a permenant addition to the game for us subscribed members.

That's really the only thing that worries me, I'm fine with having adverts for non-paying members. I was one previously and there really isn't much reason to get a membership because you can play the game without interruptions, like it would never bother you..

Aaaah that's fab, so seeing as members are currently seeing pop-ups for member upgrades, that's a glitch in the system. Gotcha, thanks!
  19. EmmettLBrown

So you guys ad it in game to advertise membership, but on the forums it's trolling?
    • Up x 38
  20. Verviedi

Please limit these only to startup, loading, and depot screens. I don't like nagware, and I'm fully aware of the existence of premium. I've misclicked on the button TWICE when I was trying to spawn a lightning.
    • Up x 5