The new valkyrie

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZeroErrorz, Mar 22, 2014.

1. TheReaperKing82

I think this thing looks pretty cool and am looking forward to it. I can imagine this thing being abused by snipers in the rumble seat so that they can get the best angle to shoot from, then quickly escape and find a new position
  2. BarxBaron

Counter sniping people out of the rumble seat......AWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEAAAAHH

I dunno what people are worried about this vehicle sounds like pure fun!

If you stick 2 AA maxes in it....yes it will be scary for a lone ESF, but I doubt it can handle a lib or gal and I expect to be less capable of flight then an ESF. Let's not forget that 2 Maxes are hella resources + the plane resources!

My only issue is that all sides' ESF AV are not created equal so there may be some balance issues....
  3. skifton

I was referring to maintaining a lock while locking on (the red-blinking phase before you actually get a lock). It's going to be tough with the vehicle moving and such to maintain that lock long enough to get a good lock, especially if the Valkyrie is moving around, dodging, and the ESF is flying by or around the Valkyrie. I don't see if having an effect. Sort of off topic, but I've been playing the game awhile...I'm aware how G2A launchers work. :p

Also you brought up a good point about reloading. Each HA (presumably 2) fires 4 lockons...now they're out and they have to go find a terminal or an engineer to reload. Now, granted they COULD set something up planned, or have an engineer pop out and get them ammo packs when they land...however, 4 rockets (5? i forget which launchers hold which amount of rockets)...4-5 rockets is not a huge amount, especially when the rockets are easily flared out of. I think it has *potential* to be a problem, but it won't be effective enough to actually use. You could just get those 4 guys into coyote or A2A ESFs and it would work much better than all 4 of them sitting in a cert pinata of a Valkyrie flying around waiting to get Daltoned or killed by ESFs/flak.

I really don't see it being a huge problem.
  4. KillerRock

Looks really cool.

like others have said, I think it being able to transport an additional 2 bodies would be ideal. I don't think the last 2 spots should be rumble seats, just passenger seats so that 2 of theses birds can transport a full squad. I feel like unloading 8 people and 2 birds in the air sounds cooler than unloading 4 people total while keeping 2 birds.
  5. Takoita

Like the people above have already mentioned, more rumble seats. Just keep the Galaxy's monopoly on the gravchute feature and make it so the new vehicle needs to land to get the people off without them dying.

Also, forward facing weaponry for the gunner? It's what I imagined Liberator to be when I first seen it. Could we please delete/shift to this vehicle rocketpods from ESF while we are at it?
  6. Aesir

Now, while I like the idea of a new Aircraft or any new sensible Vehicle(I'm looking at you silly, unneeded, overblown Colossus) added to the game.

But here are my thoughts ... Rumble seats are bad, in general. Infantry has far to powerful weapons in this game to allow for such things to have Rumble seats. The possibilities for crazy things to happen are ... limitless.

High Altitude C4+AT Mine Anti-Sundy Bomber, actually ... the thing can be more of a bomber than the Liberator. Depending on what weapons the Pilot or Frontal Gunner have access to, coupled with HA Launchers, this thing could turn into a mini Deathstar.

And my most concerns have to do with the two possible scenarios mentioned above. "Gunning" down Infantry with Infantry weapons from the Rumble Seats in an airborne Vehicle is unlikely to happen. Mainly because you need to compensate for to much things and Infantry is to small a target. However small arms against ESFs to give a 2+-men Crew practically ~300° of fire to stop NAR ticks on ESFs is not to be underestimated.

Than there is the issue of FLAK ... FLAK is AoE, Rumble Sseats are exposed ... people would ... almost instantly die to FLAK without FLAK Armor (go figures). This is no safe transport, your exposed Passengers will just die to FLAK before you can drop them off.

The transport aspect of this craft, because of the rumble seats is highly possible to fail because it is essential not a safe transport. Without some function to "close" the doors, this thing will see no transport action other than bringing Ghost Cappers on point in low or no pop fights. Any combat drop in any mid+ sized battle, like Gal Drops will kill your 2 passengers. Not to mention that 2 passengers has a drop shock value of nothing, eliminating the role of any kind of drop if you can't keep the craft around for support.

So now, what is the purpose of this craft? I see no need for a craft that is essentially a transport gunship, in the currently known form of it's coming.

It's transport volume is to small, it's transport capability is not safe. And if the A2G weapons are to good it will "replace" the Liberator as the Gunship. The Rumble seats leave much possibility to unintended abuse to butt into the role of ESFs and Liberators.

Than there are Galaxies. Gals are trusted drop and gun ships already ... to replace them this thing needs to bring something unique to the table, which I don't see coming from the Rumble seats. Gals already do what this craft does and more in the form of squad spawn.

The only "role" I see this thing take up is that of a larger ESF/Gal Hybrid. Instead of a Lib/Gal Hybrid.

I'm highly ... perplexed what the actual need of this craft is to PlanetSide ... if it would come in the form of the currently known information about it.
  7. Danielcz

WARHAMMER 40K VALKYRIE :D

[IMG]

http://3.bp.************/_ny_T2dQW3zw/TAbeqI62gWI/AAAAAAAAA2M/4bnwX3MZ9hE/s1600/1.jpg
  8. CMDante

Just wanna hop in and say that I fully support room for four passengers as well as the pilot and gunner so it can stay useful after it drops off troops. Maybe not four rumbles because that could get stupid really fast. But two internal seats would do the job. I also think no MAXs. And no ejection seat cert. Don't want to steal the Galaxy's thing y'know?
  9. Aesir

Basically UH-1 Huey, combined with frontal fuselage of an AH-1 Cobra, in space ... which seems about right, when you come to think of it that edition one of WH40k came out it 1987 and was to bring the normal WH universe (Tolkien inspired fantasy) ... into space.

The issue however is, that by the current known facts of what we will get in PS2 ... it's not going to be a WH40k Valkyrie.
  10. Snoggy

I doubt it will change much.

It's almost like you guys forgot how bad AAA fire is.. lock-ons... small fights it will be a boost but... the idea of battle gals died out pretty quick, I imagine this will go the route of the dodo.. aka.. the harasser.

It could be a teeny tiny useful for dropping off snipers or squad leaders for beacons but... generally squads are fairly full so you need that galaxy...

And don't forget how vulnerable aircraft are to begin with, I wonder how long it'll take 1 burster to take this little kitten out.
  11. Danielcz

Maybe it was Mi 24 too :)
  12. SirVillo

what if those two passengers would be able to repair aircraft ? Hello flying harasser mark II
  13. Flag

It may not really have an impact.
    The current harasser is repaired with less efficiency from the rumble seat, than if you were to leave the vehicle and repair it from the outside. So it's likely that they'll do something akin to that for the Valkyrie, allowing some in-flight repair but making it worthwhile to land to hasten the process.