The new valkyrie

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZeroErrorz, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Flag

A thought occurred to me.
    Lashers.
    From above.

... Glorious.
    Fabulous.
    • Up x 3
  2. Reavx

I am happy they are adding a new aircraft.
    I have some buddies who would love this sort of thing but find libs abit boring.

Balance wise.. I think a fully crewed one of these should... in conjunction with current stuff.

Lib> Valkyrie > ESF > Lib

As in they should change the balance in that direction..... though I am sure it's going to be more like...
    Valkyrie > Lib >= ESF
    As it kind of stands now.
    Gals should be food for all other air but albeit slow to destroy food, I'd give gals AMS for more than just squads to give them a massive role in battle but heh doubt we will see it happening.
  3. PKfire

Why can't the Liberator cockpit/nose looks as super-future as everything else. Sadface
    • Up x 1
  4. JackD

We will see how it turns out. They sound like nice targets for Libs. ESF might have problems. It can work as long as the turret weapon isnt to strong. But they will probably have something like a Walker and Hellfire/Coyotes.
  5. Exploding Acorn

Looking forward to this as a pretty much regular Skyguard driver. Exposed rumble seats on an aircraft sounds like a death sentence if you encounter any flak.
  6. Scorpio

First thing that came to my mind when I saw it for the first time; albeit a smaller (like really small) version of the LAATs aka Larties.

Although thinking about it, I wish the Galaxy was as bad-*** as one of these.

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  7. Normandy

Like others have said, SOE should give it a capacity of four passengers that combines with the pilot and gunner seats to carry a total of 6 people.
    • Up x 3
  8. Pouk3D

God damn another NS? I swear I remember three distinctive factions, now everything is getting to be the same, just painted purple, red or blue.
  9. GoyoElGringo

I don't know about all that. Yes, it might be a beast in the air, but we don't know how it maneuvers or how good the nosegun is. I'm guessing that they don't want to make it ESF bait, but it might also be very dangerous for the people sitting in the rumble seats, unless they are immune to direct fire. Who knows, they might be easy kills for a rotary ESF with flares?
  10. lothbrook

6 passengers + pilot and gunner is 8 bro, not 10.
  11. Levtech

I will definately be saving up some certs for this although I would like to see another seat or two added (rumble or not, I don't care).
  12. Strottinglemon

Needs more ES.
  13. Vostogon

All the ground based lockons except the Striker don't need to maintain lock. They're simply fire and forget. So... Two HA's with Anhilators, a medic with triage (never thought i'd say that) and an Engineer for reloads anywhere you like.

You thought A2A's were bad before.
  14. Jaedrik

I, for one, cannot wait to ride with my Annihilator/ML-7 extra rockets HA.
  15. DaMann22

I would like for this to be at least 5 if not 6 for a proper fire team vehicle.
  16. Heyitsrobbie1984

looks like a OH-58 Kiowa had a baby with the AH-64 Apache. this aircraft is going to be so versatile. looks great SOE
  17. Heyitsrobbie1984

Also, the vehicles only weapon would be the nose mounted weapons so this weapon would be restricted to support and transport. thats what i can see so far. but i wonder if the the developers can take the recon system away from ESFs and give the buffed version to the Valkyrie and make it a brilliant reconnaissance aircraft
    • Up x 1
  18. Makora

I said it in the general section of this same topis (but not thread). 4 rumble seats instead of 2. I see this vehicle's primary role as transportation. Where galaxies don't fit or are too obvious and aggro inducing, the valkyrie would fit in. But to drop off only 2-3 people isn't viable. And the vehicle looks big enough to have 4 people in rumble seats (2 on either side). I'd even accept it as an utility slot unlock. "Extra seats"
  19. Dreadnaut

He may have been thinking Pilot, Nose Gunner, 2 Side gunners, and an EXTRA 6 passengers.

That's what I assumed he meant but who knows.
  20. Crayv

I'm not sure why people are worried about MAXs. 2 MAXs on either side is 700 infantry resources, so it would be powerful but also expensive. HAs with Annihilators would be way more effective I think.