Tired of aircrafts domination.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Ryme

That's why you're only supposed to stay near the spawn, so that you can run back in to refill your ammo.

It's makes so much sense now! They aren't hovering above the spawn to farm, they're thoughtfully positioning themselves closer to your resupply terminal. o_O
    • Up x 2
  2. JonboyX

Personally, I feel that vehicle seat swapping is, frankly, far too generous.

I know that the developers like their 'arcadey' feel to vehicles, but even now there's far too little incentive to take a second or third person in any vehicle, and yes I'm including harassers, MBTs, liberators and even to some degree sunderers. You should never be able to swap seats in an airborne lib. Ground vehicles should take longer.

To some degree, this multiplies the manpower and hence effectiveness of libs. This on top of the fact that a liberator is a massive resource multiplier already.

Yes, there's a slight advantage to having three people in a liberator. It should be greater.
  3. MarkAntony

This is the problem: " There are like 3 Libs and 8 ESFs attacking us and I can't beat them in my AA max. OP OP NERF NERF"

Well, why do you think you should be able to beat that amount of air power with one AA max or one skyguard? Try putting an equal number of people on AA duty as they have in the air and watch your "problem" disappear.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kristan

I weren't the only one who was on AA duty. There were AA turrets, AA MAXes, AA ESFs and other Skyguards. Did this change anything? Nope.

My concern is that we don't have a weapon for situation like this. Skyguard is useless for fighting Libs and ESFs at such high altitude. Crappy accuracy, slow shell flight. ESFs have too huge skill gap, and that won't even guarantee that you wont eat up a Dalton shell while you just scratching on the Lib. I don't even mention tail gunners.

I want an effective weapon to fight aircrafts at high altitudes without pulling out an ESF to fight fire with fire. It might be lock-on launcher... But wait, this game has more like WW2 mechanics, so we might have an artillery gun that shoots huge flak shells, instead of lot of small ones.

Yet I only could dream that Skyguard should look like this. Flak for close-mid range, missiles for long range.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. BOOKEN

Here is your air solution... You ready??!!!!

Here we go!!!!

[IMG]

Learn 2 use it......
  6. Kristan

7. Larolyn

It is a good counter. Hovering libs are easy to shoot. Anyway, you were camped in this situation. Fall back, reorganise. You could have been camped by tanks, infantry or anything else but being camped by Libs made you write a rage post on the forums. I get it, you don't like being camped.

Libs are scary. They are suppose to be. But don't expect to beat a lib from a camped spawn room. Re-locate and try again.
    • Up x 1
  8. Darsh

I have to apologize in advance since I only read the first page of this thread. Let me say this... The vast majority of ppl who complain about air being dominant , are the same idiots who will blatantly ignore aircrafts to fight on the ground as if the aircrafts aren't there. Naturally, the inevitable happen.. They get blown up.

Imagine if you had 1 tank camping a doorway and ppl kept trying to come out that same doorway and ignored that tank.. What would happen? The exact same thing. The problem with aircraft domination isn't with the aircrafts themselves but with the idiots who are playing on the ground.

I rarely play with an outfit and mostly only group up with 1 or 2 friends and on several occasions we literally watch our entire army of 24+ ppl getting killed by 1 or 2 libs and/or 3 or 4 ESFs.. And we can't help by think "WTF are our guys doing?" Why are they running around like headless chickens allowing themselves to be farmed like noobs? Why do we always have to do everything ourselves? So guess what we do?? We pull out burster MAXes. And for those of you who think that Dual Burster MAXes are only a deterrent... Pls.. L2play. And stop being noobs. You WILL need more than one MAX to kill a three man liberator. That's a ****ing given. So L2coordinate. Most good lib crews are very coordinated and you will need to wait til the lib gets close enough that it's at the point of no return. If you and your buddy start unloading your bursters when it's 500+ meters away and you're only scratching the paint job, you need to stop wondering why they can fly away and repair. Also, don't bother going out there without extended mags like a moron and wonder why their fully upgraded liberator isn't dying and has a chance to afterburn away while you reload your weapons.. This is what happens when you haven't even bothered putting any certs in your AA MAX, and a fully decked out lib attacks you.

But I'll tell you what. I have spent the certs on my AA MAX.. I got my two bursters and my two extended mags. I can easily kill ESFs on my own, have killed numerous of them. And when myself and 1 friend both pull out our AA maxes and coordinate our attacks, we can control the air space in most situations.. And we can easily destroy those newly improved libs because guess what?! Their armor is the same as before vs Flak. So nothing has changed for us.. Except now, we usually get 3 kills instead of 2 when we blow up a lib.
    • Up x 1
  9. Kristan

No one saying about hovering libs.

No. I weren't camped. I'm the one who pulled Skyguards and other AA from another base, trying to do ANYTHING to stop Libs to camp my faction. But the rage post was because of futility of all my actions. There was ZERO effect. Scratching and detering doesn't means anything. Killing things is what important. Too bad I actually need to bring MASSES to kill just a single or two Liberators. This is ridiculous.
    • Up x 2
  10. KillerGnolle

forlom hope and IamNotAmazing, i have a few questins for you.

did you used an AA max or a Skyguard AFTER the lib-patch?

IamNotAmazing i checked you playerprofile.. 48 and 49 kills with burstermax. vehiclekills with ligthning 118... i believe from this 119 vehiclekills are maximum 10 aircrafts.

forlumhope we would to like to see your profil.

for IamNotAmazing, i saw you killboard and your liberatorkills too...

thats why i know you say "its all ok.. you have to work as team"... ywah! more certs from stupid peasants!

we pulled 4 AA maxes against 2 libertators , not incliding other players which arent in our platon but we cant kill one of theese liberators, before the patch 4 AA maxes crushed the libs.

doing the ressourcethingy again..

MAX 350+350+350+350 = 1400 ressources.
    Lib 350+350 = 700

so DONT talk about libs are fine, you only need a squad to take down 1 lib.. teamwork, BEFORE you prooved that you KNOW about antiair.

same for every other one here..
    show a killboard, an actual one where you have killed a Lib.
    better would be a video uncutted where at the start ist showing an aircraftterminal which shows the actual state of the game i.e. "new weapons for libs".

thank you
    • Up x 1
  11. KillerGnolle

• Up x 1
  12. Makora

The problem with the idea of "deterrence" is that the air people who it gets used on want it to basically gently shoo them away without actually doing a lot of damage. And if it does anything else then the seas of QQ will run rampant. The ground people want to a simple "no aircrafts" button that kills everyone more then 5m above the ground. But the ground people QQ less so air people win.

That's not how deterrence works, my friends. For something to "deter" it needs to present a clear and very viable threat. Something that can and will blow you up and piss on your hopes and dreams. Granted it needs a sort of grace time, a warning moment of "Hey bud, you got exactly 5 seconds to vanish over the horizon or I will **** you out dead with zero chance of survival."

Or the other option. Make the deterrence weapons unbearably annoying. Flack cannons cause your vision to JAR SO MUCH you can't tell up from down. AA missiles having EMP addons that scramble your HUD. Something that basically when it is being used against you, you are useless. Simply put, once you start getting hit, you have no option BUT to get out.

Deterence has reached the optimum point where the person who wants to keep their aircraft, sees flack and goes "nope nope nope nope" and calls his buddies on the ground to do something about it.

Also, devs, take away third person view from vehicles. Pretty please. Lack of situational awareness should be a downside to a vehicle.
    • Up x 1
  13. Goretzu

The problem with that is that one lib in a small battle can lock down a spawn room to the extent that it is beating a lot of opposition effectively single handedly (although more likely double or triple handedly).

With the old lock-on flight path it was possible to lock-on and fire and have a fighting chance of survival (they could usually still get you with splash or even the odd direct shot if you weren't careful).

But with the new flight path basically you'll either hit the spawn itself or be killed (by any decent crew) if you move far enough out to get a clear shot.

Which gives Libs ridculous powers to camp spawns now.

The idea that in that situation you should just always abandon the base is........ well it is NOT good for the game at all. :(
  14. Bl4ckVoid

I hope that the devs will listen and revamp Libs.
    • Up x 1
  15. RHYS4190

I really don't see how that really a big deal bases get camped by infantry all the time, a lot of the time they should be abandoned any way because there no way you can fight your way out,

i think the only thing that has been done with the lib is they made it with stand tank shells a lot better,

which was a good move, because the way it was before it made them pretty much useless.

iv not used the skyguard in a while but it was petty decent against infantry when i played it a couple of weeks ago,

you can also counter them with ESF and other liberators,

My stance on this is just adapt to these changes and live with it, really is not as bad as you think it is, and looks before this game was just going down a road where infantry really where just totally op and every thing else was really not that viable,

air craft especially where just totally useless. now things are starting to get back on the right track.
  16. RHYS4190

And it got very very very boring i can tell you lot of older players left because things just got to stale. you bought a single gun and that all you use, you barly used a tank because it was pretty pointless, and you did not use any other air craft other then the galaxy.
  17. biterwylie

18. Kristan

Why won't you go and read the whole thread that will prove you wrong at most of points you brought?

Also about 4 Libs against 1 Skyguard. A single Skyguard CAN NOT kill a single Liberator on its own. Unless Lib pilot is unskilled. It will fly away, won't even land for repairs, get back and roflstomp you with Dalton.

And Skyguard is the only option to fight aircrafts at 500+ range. And it totally useless in it's role. That means there is NO WEAPON to fight Liberators now.
    • Up x 2
  19. Kristan

Oh hey, now I know how I feel myself when I'm trying to kill a Liberator with a Skyguard.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  20. PlatoonLeaderG

I spend the week using all the time striker(i havent use that **** for 4+ months),its getting really boring.I try to have an infantry fighta lib will kill me,try to play with my prowler a lib appear and i m dead getting air i m dead because of a lib.Not only that there are almost 10+ ESF flying around farming infantry at the base while the libs protect them......lib uptade was the most stupid uptade ever
    • Up x 1