The TRAP-M1 is a Disgusting addition to TR.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRunDown, Feb 21, 2014.

1. LordCreepy

?
    • Up x 5
  2. Hibiki54

So, are you saying that you do NOT want a TR cloaker rifle that is just as good, if not better than the NC6 Gauss SAW?
  3. LordCreepy

- less damage per shot
    - 1/10 clip size
    - burst only ; and slower rof If you smash the button
    - slower bullet velocity ( edit: lastest version seems to be buffed to 600 I'll give you that)

Why in hell anyone could compare it with an lmg?

If at all it's like a weaker reaper dmr
  4. Revanmug

You are unexperience. Every bolt action is a danger for a sniper. All of them are deadly.

12X is already so huge I can't see the point of using it. Render distance isn't increasing either meaning absolutly nothing is changing in the current sniping world. You already barely account for drop for the T3 sniper at 250m+. The only point you can make is that it will be easier to connect hit at longer distance because yes, the Railgun got a ridiculous velocity.

Here is the quote
    You pretty much just said that the TRAP-M1 is OP around 100m but right after, say the gun is useless to everyday battle situation. That does scream of "I have no idea what I'm talking about."

If 100m isn't a everyday battle situation, you are going to explain me how this player https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428010618038173169/weapons survive against NW which had sub 100m range requirement for HS, without much problem for close to a year. Maybe explain me why I shouldn't be fighting around 100m range for most battle? Clearly, you can't fight as a sniper around that range because it way too dangerous and too demanding talent wise even if it's much more efficient.

In reality, I have no idea what I'm talking about and every bolt action user should stay around 250-300m in range because... you know... sniper. It's not like you can move around to kill people with a sniper. It's not what IRL sniper do!

Also, stop hiding being the "it's my opinion" excuse. Opinion can be stupid that you like it or not.
  5. PlatoonLeaderG

TR have more bullets than NC,VS have infinite bullets.
    • Up x 1
  6. TRPrideMan Forum MVP

I find if funny how he makes all these claims without actually having used the finished gun, haha.

You're like those guys on YouTube that review guns based of their experience with the trial. A true reviewer will get like 500 kills with a gun at least before he is truly qualified to speak of it. Settle down, wait for it to come out, then come back in here and talk again, I'm sure your opinion will change if not a little.

You are aware that what you've heard of this gun is not final, so by all means try to improve it, but not in the fashion you've been doing so in this thread.
  7. Meccar

The Marauder is a ****** Fury, Striker a ****** Annihilator
    • Up x 4
  8. Mxiter

Waow, The new TR ES "sniper rifle" looks like a Reaper DMR/ACX-11 downgrade limited to infiltrators. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  9. Goretzu

The Marauder is still better than the Fury in general (if you want AV-only you take an AV weapon) this was shown by massive difference in KPU between the Marauder and Fury in every vehicle.
    The Striker was an upgraded Annihilator in almost everyway for over 6 months.
  10. lyravega

Really?
    -Annihilator vs Striker
    -Marauder vs Fury
  11. iller

I love threads like these because they ignore the fact that nomatter how bad OR GOOD the rifle is, it's still nothing but a KDR buffering camping/lottery gun that fails to inflict full damage headshots at longer ranges. They won't get a Sundy-crew away from your base. The only control points they'll ever clear are the 2 or 3 "open ground" ones in a few satellite bases that no one spends any real time at anyway. Only gives MAXes "mosquito bites". They won't ever do jack **** against Aircraft, and they won't stop a medic from insta-rezzing the 2 or 3 guys you just headshotted. They barely even slow down an infantry push between flat open ground bases so long as your opponents have the common sense after being shot; to get inside sundies, or lightnings ... or ... even just Harrassers lol. So yeah, nomatter how powerful it might be, it's still a completely pointless distraction that doesn't even slow point-rushers down.
    • Up x 1
  12. TheRunDown

It's best to whine about it now than getting something that will be unreplaceable, irreverable and unuseable now, than getting it in the live version. From the test server version you can see what road the weapon is heading down, I'd rather the devs see the problems and opinions before making their own discussion based on a obsolete motto.
  13. Mustarde

New footage featuring the TR's TRAP-M1 rifle. I had a lot of fun using this new weapon, and found that it performs very well with 3x bursting, using the foregrip and 2x reflex sights. The suppressor is very quiet and works great, although is a situational attachment (used coincidentally for most of this video).

I ended up using the EMP grenade bandolier suit because the default ammo pool seemed to last pretty long with the TRAP (otherwise I generally use ammo belt) and you can often kill someone with a single burst after an EMP goes off. I didn't capture many of those moments for this video but it was a nice thing to be able to do.

Enjoy!

Coheed & Cambria - Welcome Home
    Casual Farming: Au5 - Metronic
    • Up x 14
  14. Phyr

Saw the title and thought "Well, duh". Who sees a 184 dmg burst rifle and thinks "sniper"?
    • Up x 1
  15. LIKE A BOSS!

I will kill you ingame one day.
    • Up x 2
  16. Trudriban

My armor may be blue but you make me green with envy with this fancy terran toy.

I have an unrelated question though if you don't mind
    How do the semi auto scout rifles compare to the new NS-30 Vandal? I've been using and loving my Shadow for quite some time as an agressive mid-range infiltrator with a minor counter-sniping role, though from what I can tell the Vandal seems to be something of an upgrade with the larger ammo pool and .75 ADS speed. Just thought a professional opinion would help me whether I should go hunt down a 1500 SC card or be happy with my Shadow
    • Up x 2
  17. CactusLynx

The Vandal feels more like a closer in scout rifle than the others, other than that the only bonuses are the bigger ammo pool and .75 ADS.
    • Up x 2
  18. Kunavi

Conclusions :

1. It takes Pro Players to make this weapon work like any other weapon would with less skill and effort, and not being an Infiltrator.
    2. It works when you ambush mainly, use it to trap people. In every other case, it's a trap for you.
    3. 3Burst and try to stand still, while close to your target. Which is... Uhm... Yeah.
    4. Even Pros miss more than normal with this in actual combat scenarios that don't involve idiots.
    5. Cool music makes all weapons seem GODLIKE.
    6. Some people are trying too hard to prove this weapon is excellent, when it's not really. It's just there, in a sort of way.
    7. The default ammo pool for Pros seems to be x100 of the normal soldiers. Or at least mine. Especially if 3Bursting this thing runs dry and I do have enough trigger discipline to use a SABR very effectively.
    8. Pros received a special HipFire Trap apparently, when I fire from the hip my Trap goes all over in 3Burst.
    9. Using your knife to finish a Kill because the Trap can't pull it off at that point means the Trap is great. Logic.
    10. Being aggressive with the Trap is the same as being casual using any other weapon. Because it simply does not work on equal grounds 1 on 1 situations. SOAS does it better for example.

With these points I mean no offense to you OP, I am not even doubting your skills. I accept that A) I'm a total NOOB or B) This weapon does not work with me despite all other weapons working fine in my hands. So it may be completely subjective. I'm glad you feel this works so well for you even though what I saw tells me different, for me it's 1000Certs absolutely wasted. Peace.
    • Up x 1
  19. NCstandsforNukaCola

It's like the Battle rifle from halo series
    Though the battle rifle in PS2 is much more like DMR
  20. MrMurdok

Not an easy gun to use, I'll say this much. I've gone past Auraxium and still testing different sight/rail/range options to make this gun work in the best way.

I'll give it credit though, it taught me snap-aiming like nobody's business.
    • Up x 1