Scheduled Maintenance March 5th, 2014

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 4, 2014.

1. GoyoElGringo

I don't know what a vert is either. Maybe dev speak for vertices? Seems like reducing the geometry of the scopes in an unnoticeable way would increase performance, so that's my best guess.

derp nvm, already answered
  2. XiloTheOdd

still nothing about the black screening issue? not even a mention?
  3. Vetenari

Any news on when missing WDS boosts may be granted?:rolleyes:
  4. pro4hakail

good humor thanks i needed some humor today
  5. Pyrode

Love the humour :D.
    Aldo WOO I can be digitally fabulous again, the new quiz camo i got was nice but not as "HERE I AM, LOOK HOW SHINY I AM!!!" as the digital one.
    Also thanks for the new, new camo ^_^. I was thinking about spending some of my SC on a greenish camo but frankly this one's nicer than the ones in the store (for what i want).
  6. Prehistoricman

Aha! I got you! You fixed the missing VR Training map, but didn't tell us about it!! WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?
  7. Yuki10

When are you going to address spawn point selection logic and maps not working correctly?

1) maps still do not show info until you deploy to continent.

2) offering spawn points around a warpgate of controlled continent is stupid
  8. Prolefeed

Are you sure they are missing? I only ask because I thought mine were missing also, but when I checked the boosts page, they were added to the ones you can buy.
  9. Mseirco

OMG no voice charactere BUG after 20 minutes playing still there... WHY? ;(
  10. Diodeone

Bring back the coffins! But then you would have to allow looting and people stockpiling the other side's comparable weapons...God forbid!

[IMG]
  11. AssaultPig

this is a dumb question but

what's a vert
  12. bPostal

Thanks to RadarX and Reachcast for bringing it back!
  13. Epicstrat

Doesn't nanoweave 5 give 25% resistance? With these changes I can have the same effect as Nano armor cloak at any rank except max rank just by running nanoweave with hunter or stalker cloak witht the beneit of being having the resistance apply always as opposed to when cloaked. Nano armor cloak doesn't seem worth it at all now.
  14. davoll

I have to agree with you it is not OP and most the time stops like 1 or 2 bullets. We cannot attack or heal while doing this. Where a HA can let his bullet hose go heal and use his skill. I will be removing my Nano armor cloaking today as it was in the spot it needed to be finally.

Oh wait I forgot everyone and their brother plays HA we must not do that cuz the HA's would cry for not being more OP with the skill.
  15. Galeocerdo7

Can you guys please add a 2x Reflex Scope to ALL appropriate weapons (carbines, shotguns, SMGs). Some guns like the VX6-7 are missing it. It's a great medium-short range weapon. Thanks :)
  16. Wobberjockey

vertex
    essentially, computers only ever draw straight lines.
    a vertex is the end point on those lines
    the more of them there are, the closer the approximation to a curve is. (this is also how calculus works)

when making the models, the artists often start from 'primitives'; spheres, cylinders, boxes, and the like.
    in order to construct the geometry they want, they often use various functions that create additional vertices solely for construction purposes. (they then proceed to use the function called "make it look good" about 9000 times).
    often there are vertices left over that aren't necessary. for example, they'll lie in the same plane as something that is already defined by another set of vertices. other times, the final surface could be redefined using fewer vertices, but it would still look the same.

either way, vertices there are, the less work your GPU needs to do each time that element appears in game, which is a direct performance increase

then again, i could be wrong. all my experience in this area comes from CAD modeling. in generally we're more concerned about a part's mechanical suitability, than how fast it will take to render
  17. MegaloDon

The real question is why do ANY of the Bolt Action rifles even have the forward grip as an option??? If all it does is reduce recoil during sustained fire, and bolt action means no sustained fire, then it's a waste of 100 certs. I know because I was dumb and spent those 100 certs before I realized that myself. And now I just learned that it was EVEN MORE of a waste of certs, cuz now it makes weapon switch time worse. FML.
    • Up x 1
  18. Magicbullet141

Please stop buffing the infiltrator.
  19. Spider0804

No fix for the NC Lagshot?

Tr get a new niche gun, vs get a new niche gun, nc get a bolt action knock off that has been statistically proven many times to be inferior to the longshot.

Remove the delay already.
  20. ScrapyardBob

Mini-map is broken again as of today, now when you press the H-key, it hides the squad member listing and also hides the information about which points are contested. Yesterday, when you pressed the H-key, those elements (squad listing and cap-point list) would move up/right to stay outside the mini-map area.