Server Downtime for Patch February 20, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 19, 2014.

1. ExpiredLifetime

Now you're asking them to do twice the work in order to cater to the minority of the servers.
    • Up x 1
  2. Zagareth

Yes, you are just a toon in an universal simulation and I'm only here to enlighten you and free your mind.
    My job is done, I can raise up to the next level. Yeah! :cool:
  3. Shazam89

Well you don't actually have too....
  4. Seededshadow

sad thing is its believable lmfao
  5. TheIronHide

It's now in locked status. Praise Helix!
    • Up x 1
  6. Seededshadow

true u dont have to but i do
  7. Fisk Black

ahm, of course?
  8. Alarox

It would suck so hard, but it would be something that I would fine hysterically funny till the day I die.
  9. Ephreal

Blizzard made $1.7Billion anually i think if planetside 2 is ever comming neer this you would see proper maintenance also
  10. Thovargh

Yeah, because that sure as hell means something
  11. Goretzu

Worldwide server minimum is 3-4 hours before 3pm CET. If they did it at this time they wouldn't encroach on EU Prime Time all the time (or indeed wipe it out much of the time).

Honking off 40+% of your player base 1-2 times a week is plain daft...... and SOE didn't do it in games like EQ1 (as other MMOs don't do it either).
  12. Tehrawk

Well... actually he/she/someone does have to. If you want the game to continue, then money has to come from somewhere.
  13. MichaelS

Remember when Europeans could play on a patch day?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers!
    • Up x 2
  14. andy_m

There's another 40 meg download to go get folks :)
  15. Bindlestiff

More like trying to log in and 'Surprise! Your characters are gone!' at the moment ;)

I agree totally though :)
  16. ExpiredLifetime

How many people ACTUALLY checked the tracker?
    Really, who did?
    The only servers that DO NOT show their populations on a negative trend at the time of patches are Connery, Waterson and Matherson - which are all US servers anyway.
  17. NoLifeGamer

Hope they delete the account my little cousin made a long time ago. The name is something like 1011O01101O001OO0001 but on the screen you can't see the diff between the 0 and O so I have no way of knowing what the name is to delete it.
  18. warfighter926

let me in soe let me in ;)
  19. Ash87

Oh hello... I am Ash87, here with your musical intermission to this post about the servers to PS2 being down longer than expected. As always, we try to select music that best exemplifies the feeling of all the people who are involved in the situation, and in this heated time it is always good to remember that you should keep those emotions out in the open, for all to see. Only then can you express yourself in an appropriate manner.

But without further ado, this wonderful track by The Foreskins
  20. hutjeflut

They already do double the work they just need to plan it on different times... or do you really believe the EU servers are managed from the US by the same US employees?
    They have a crew here in the EU order to fix problems otherwise they would be in deel **** if a server has hardware flaws...

so just give the EU personal a different time to mess with the servers on.