Spawning hurts the game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Jan 26, 2014.

1. The Rogue Wolf

Is it a joke if it isn't funny?
    • Up x 3
  2. libbmaster

Processing...

Processing...
  3. Paperlamp

What needs to go is the timer AFTER the redeploy timer. 10 seconds, then another 10 seconds to spawn. Then you get crap spawn options and have to repeat multiple 20 second waits jumping around bases trying to reach a decent fight from the warpgate, unless you want to ruin your KD with suicides or see what dumb spot instant action puts you.
  4. Devrailis

What is it with people trying to make PS2 something it is not? If all you want is run and gun, instant-gratification infantry play, go play something else.

PS2 isn't meant for you.

GO AWAY.

SHOO!

GIT! GIT! GIT!

:mad:
    • Up x 1
  5. KnightCole

No, we dont need this game to turn into CoD or BF clones.....pointless running around like headless chickens endlessly respawning and dying and....hell no.....

Respawn timers are fine....
    • Up x 4
  6. UberBonisseur

We can have a lenghty and pedantic discussion about it.

But then again, I'd rather spend my time shooting people in the face repeatedly
  7. acksbox

No they aren't.

No matter what nostalgic nonsense people will parrot, the fact is that people have always been terrible. There never were "good ol days", just days so long past that most people have forgotten most of their negative aspects. This shortsightedness and power of self delusion is part of what makes people terrible.
  8. Frank 2070

After reading the first post:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. UberBonisseur

Pretty sure I was smarter before posting on those forums
  10. Flapatax

Well presuming they keep these changes maybe it's the other way around.

I mean, having gameplay in a game is madness I know, but sometimes sunderer logistics and waiting on base cap timers is just too much fun. That's when the devs need to balance it out with boring shooting and killing.
  11. Ronin Oni

FFS people

[IMG]

Entertaining to see so many take him so seriously though... well played Uber, well played
    • Up x 3
  12. Aesir

This is how I feel ...

[IMG]

Well played Uber, gg no re thx by
  13. Degenatron

True story: in Planetside 1 I petitioned (unsuccessfully) for a maximum death timer of 5 Minutes. It started with the standard 15 second death timer and incremented by 15 second after each death that occurred in under 5 minutes. Needless to say, I was booed off the stage. No one wants their death to have consequences. No one wants to have to play tactically to stay in the fight.
    • Up x 1
  14. Phazaar

You're clearly not...

9 Likes....
  15. Phazaar

This is why infantry deaths and meaningless and footscum need to quit whining and GET FARMED.
  16. Phazaar

I gotcha covered...

A) It is funny.

B) Yes, some jokes are not funny. Intent is what decides if something is a joke or not.
    • Up x 1
  17. Ronin Oni

5 minutes is ridiculous, no wonder you got booed off the stage.

Have you seen some of the meat grinders? people would end up maxed out at 5 minute respawns all the time... meanwhile tanks live so long that they have no problem keeping a tank alive for the cooldown.

That kind of severe penalty would kill infantry gameplay.

Someone else mentioned redeploy shouldn't have added time penalty to spawn after waiting to even go to the deployment screen (seriously faster to nade suicide yourself across the map and eat a few deaths) which I agree with.

Though, I honestly don't know why I'm even trying to say anything serious in this troll thread... OP was making a joke.
  18. UberBonisseur

I think he meant 5 minutes on the frontline with instant respawn at warpgate/sanctuary, which isn't a bad idea.
  19. Ronin Oni

Frontline spawning shouldn't be longer than the time it takes to drive there in a Flash, or even fly in an ESF really.

I do think AMS spawning should be slower than hard-point spawning though. Add an extra 5-10 seconds for AMS spawning and then another 5-10 seconds on the new squad vehicle spawning on top of that.

WG/Sanc spawns should always be instant though.
  20. Degenatron

Please keep in mind this was for Planetside 1. I've never floated the idea for PS2.

Also keep in mind that this built on the existing system in Planetside 1. Spawn timers did go up if you died too much in PS1. It was capped at 45 seconds.

I think the thing people always missed is that it didn't go directly from 15 seconds to 5 minutes in one jump. It required you to die over and over without making any effort to preserve your own life.

Planetside 2 is a differnt beast, however. If such a system were re-introduced for PS2, I would think that 2 minutes would be the max cap, in 10 second increments, with a 2 minute reset.

That'd probably be too extreme for most players these days also. Most would rage quit the game with the old 45 second cap. Not to mention it would only re-enforce spawn-shield camping, and that's bad enough already.