What is wrong with having WW2 German looking helmets?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoki, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomaHawk

HAIL HYDRA@!!!
  2. FABIIK

Hey, there was an obvious reason for the delays: bombings.

US factories didn't have that kind of distractions... ;)
  3. Boildown

This is true.
  4. BoomBoom4You

wow, that's incredibly PC. If I saw that helmet in the depot, I wouldn't even think of german ww2 helmets, it wouldn't even come to mind...my gosh. people are so sensitive, they don't have patent on that helmet design for crying out loud.

its a cool design.
  5. TheShrapnelKing

Only Panzer IVs and lower. Panthers and up were superior vehicles.
  6. Lamat

Clones of Jango Fett, and copies of his gear. Boba Fett is another clone and "son" of Jango Fett.

Anyways, the helmet is already like the Titan NC helmet.
  7. FABIIK

And the Panther was created in reaction to the T34.
  8. Lamat

The bulky Mandalorian armor has NC all over it.
  9. VaIhall

Well all tanks were created in reaction to the first tank.
  10. Canaan

THEY WERE SO GOOD THAT NO ONE WANTED THEM WHEN THE WAR ENDED AND NO SUCCESSFUL DESIGNS TOOK ANYTHING FROM THEM.

You have it backwards. The Panzer 3 and 4 (Including StuGs) had a better track record than any of the Cats, but then again, anything could actually get to the field on it's own power had a better track record than the Cats.

The factory bombings had almost no effect on Germany's production, only effecting Tiger 2 and Maus projects, or in other words, nothing of value.

The 262 was rightfully delayed because it was a shoddy design and the Luftwaffe couldn't figure out what it should be used for.

That's not how sane tank design works.
  11. TheShrapnelKing

Point? The Panther is still better.
  12. RIctavius

You can make a version of the United States SoupBowl Helmet with plasticy gasmask addition

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. FABIIK

Sure... The Allies did it for fun...

Of course the WHOLE German war effort was impacted.
  14. FABIIK

What I imply is that the Panther had a sloped armor because the T34 used it efficiently in the first place.
  15. TheShrapnelKing

You truly don't know how tank design works.

No one used Naz1 tanks because they're Naz1s. It looks bad. People wanted to be rid of their stuff. It's why even though there were millions of rounds of 7.92mm Mauser ammo all over the place, no guns now use them because we ditched it all to rid ourselves of things associated with them. This didn't apply in all cases (Jets and Rockets for example), but for the most part yeah. Like how they demolished those perfectly good anti-aircraft towers in Berlin just because the Naz1s built them.

In any case, what made them superior wasn't any new tech to be copied but just basic common sense in tank design. It's simple: up the armour, make the gun bigger, put in a bigger engine to compensate. NATO did this, that's why they had things like the Centurion, M60, and Leopard. The Russians kept to the style of moderately armoured, fast tanks.

You ever notice how modern Western tanks look like big, wide versions of Panthers?
    • Up x 1
  16. TheShrapnelKing

OK.....again, this doesn't prove anything. The Panther is still better.
  17. VaIhall

oink oink.
    • Up x 1
  18. Canaan

No, it wasn't. The effectiveness of the bombing campaigns has been refuted by all non-USAF/RAF historians. What really effected German production was the bombing of synthetic fuel plants, which didn't happen until March 1945. The bombings until that point didn't do anything to stop production from increasing.
  19. VaIhall

20. Boildown

This is debatable, obviously, and will be debated possibly forever. But in my view, the idea that the bombing campaigns were ineffective is false. But not for why you think.

The bombing campaigns are how the Allies lured the German fighter pilots into the sky so that they could be killed. Once they were all dead, the Allies could fly over German-held territory with impunity. The P-47s could destroy railroads, the P-51s could destroy Me-262s on the ground or trying to land. The C-47s could drop troops on enemy positions. Without a large German air fighter defense, the Allies could do whatever they wanted over German soil. The bombing missions were the key to destroying Germany's air fighter defenses, through the attrition of their pilots.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.