Server Downtime for ESF Update January 16, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamDH

ITS HAPPENING!!!11
  2. Snipe-yo-face-yall

• Fixed missing reload animation for NS-7 PDW
    Yea!!!
    • Up x 1
  3. RogueVindicare

They took away no bullet drop for VS slugs in PU02.
  4. Rennigen

No more Teamkilling-surfing-Sundys

Awesome!
    • Up x 1
  5. Wizz

New afterburner regen rate actually rewards you quite nicely despite the nerf to reverse move. Which I supported. Also, how dare you bash locust cannons :eek: they are aweeeeesome.
  6. Tamon

This is quoted from the ESF update section. Should I assume that Flash scout radar drivers receive the same experience? Can anyone actually confirm this from using it on the test server?
    • Up x 1
  7. EmperorPenguin5

Actually The missile will still hit in many cases.
    Because as long as the missile is within 50-25m before the reticule loses the target. the half-second of time that it takes to force lock loss still allows it to travel that distance and hit its target.
    And.
    This does nothing about the asswipes who use the "sit back let your friend shoot at the guy while you spam missiles from a distance."
    That tactic will still be extremely easy to do.
    Because missiles will still be hard to dodge, if at all, because i didn't even get to test if that limitation works...
    Because they broke my test client.
    They didn't even keep us up to date on each patch they threw in. SO we knew what changed....
    And gleerok
    THE only consideration they took..
    Was the Hornet missiles not being lock-on.
    The tomcats were already set to be this way before we started talking more about it.
    The stock fuel nerf, nerfs new pilots even more who don't have the SC or certs to get a secondary weapon.. OR even cert into their fuel tanks.
    We never wanted it to be changed like this.
    We wanted buffs. not nerfs to our fuel tanks.
    I now have to spend what? 1k certs or more to make my fuel tanks useful again?
    Did they give unique sounds for being hit by these new weapons?
    Doubt it.
    How does this help new pilots in any way get into the air game? How does this bring back all the old aces?
    How does this help at all?
    None of the weapons will be interesting to use. They will be a chore. And a stupidly much higher risk associated with dealing damage equal to the other weapons because you have to HOLD yourself still most of the time for anything to do well.
    The reticule for the coyote missiles is dumb as well because they launch from your wings, They should represent that so they are easier to properly aim...
    Not give us that stupid circle with a line under it.
    • Up x 1
  8. EmperorPenguin5

Yet it doesn't for new pilots..
    It nerfs them.
    Yeah locust cannons are totally awesome....
    If not recycled stats and ideas....
  9. EmperorPenguin5

Yet it does considerably nerf the tactic of DODGING. so.... Why is this a good thing?
  10. Hypersot

ouch...
  11. EmperorPenguin5

Thats what you get for never trying to learn any skill.
    (we never got refunded for our harassers now being a pile of scrap metal)(why should you get refunded for using a weapon that took no skill to begin with)
  12. Wizz

It's something they will have to learn. It's a farm machine <3
  13. RyanGUK

I'm amazed it took until page 7 of this thread for somebody to acknowledge this, after the billion threads about it.

Nothing could make me happier... OHWAIT

YEY COLOURS
    • Up x 1
  14. Grayson

Thats a big load of BS there.
    More than 1 lock-on? You're down.
    Flying alone?...You're down, OR you can't do anything at all,
    AA turrets have MORE than 1km range without any dmg reduction.
    You encounter more than one ESF (if you're not using AB) your probably going to die soon.

There is your big "domination"....if you are dumb enough to stay on the open field, camp with 10 guys behind the smallest rock than you deserve the lolpodding.
    • Up x 2
  15. Predator01cz

PRAISE THE LORD OF PHYSICS
    HALLELUJAH
    • Up x 1
  16. Gamba

Dear SOE....

• Up x 2
  17. Gleerok

Then this is a mechanics issue that should be addressed. The concept itself works, in theory. If there is this slight imprecision, then a fix should be performed to leave it closer to the ideal of the concept.

I tested A2Am on PTS, but I recognize the time I tested them perhaps wasn't enough to see smaller, and potentially concept-breaking, issues.
  18. cruczi

I don't really care about the ESF update personally, but...
    Thanks SOE!
    • Up x 1
  19. Altruise

Just for the record, Pixxels, iSeraphim and numerous others I have watched take on three to four esfs and either win, or take down at least two before blowing. I'll agree with the lock ons and AA turrets. But if you're flying alone then that's your choice.
  20. Botji

I wonder why every pilot seems to think that just because I belive air is unbalanced I dont fly?
    I say what I say because I have experience with flying and tanking.

Flying doesnt even compare to driving a tank on how "afraid" you are of everything.

I play Skyguard quite a bit so I know quite well whats needed to take down even a single ESF. Killing a semi competent pilot is almost impossible without overwhelming force... even as a super specialized AA tank.

Why? because you have to be a frickin psychic to predict where to aim unless you wait and fire when the ESF is less than 100m away(wich the semi competent pilots wont do). A basic ESF needs to be hit with about 30+ shots from a Skyguard to be killed wich in turn means if you fire the entire mag of 70 shots at the ESF you still need between 40-50% accuracy to kill it but since it takes so long to fire 70 shots you wont be able to do it unless the pilot is bad or suicidal. On average I might be able to fire about 30-40 shots before the ESF is too far away and doing crazy random movements that I have to predict 1-2 seconds before they are done... That leaves me with a needed 75-100% accuracy to shoot down the ESF.

If the ESF has armor or fire sup that accuracy just goes up even more. TBH those numbers up there are fairly kind to the ESF, many times the ESF is in crazy evasion mode long before that, not to mention the COF and range is enough to make some shots miss on even stationary targets. Its silly how close to 100% accuracy is actually needed to have a chance of killing even half decent pilots and this is the dedicated AA ground vehicle we are talking about.

I have probably said this before but the only reason air isnt completly dominating every battle is because teamwork is something pilots dont do at all and when its attempted its not done well(but they like to talk about it when counters to them are the topic).
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.