Miller NC overpop since new year.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Strikejk, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Loui5D

Blame it on the fourth factioners who lost their toys.
    • Up x 3
  2. JonboyX

I think you'll find that you're getting stomped on because of superior tactics.

Nothing to do with the extra population.
    Nothing to do with the warp gate rotation position on Indar.
    Nothing to do with not having the best infantry weapons any more.

On a more serious note; I have a roughly 3:2 kill ratio of TR:VS
    As TR, what's your NC:VS ratio. Closer to 1:1 than that I would bet?

Maybe, just maybe, TR have been massively overpopulated on Miller for the last 15 months?
    • Up x 1
  3. ncDieseL

NO! I quite enjoy farming SCEV. We wiped out their tank zerg between MAO and Abandoned NS Offices the other night, lots of fun... and certs!
  4. MGP

5. d3adline

Frankly, I don't mind playing underpoped, that just means more bad players to shoot at. But you've got to ask yourself what's causing the pop imbalance across ALL servers. Mattherson used to be the VS stronghold, NC overpop, Miller used to be the TR one, NC overpop. I (and I'm pretty sure most of my outfit) love to not have to look for a fight with a looking glass for once.

The NC who were playing underpoped since forever deserve every biolab x-continent victory they are getting atm. It's the fourthfactioners who are grinding my gears, most of those "L2P" commenters of the TR during it's hight of power on Miller were fourthfactioners who did almost nothing other than throwing bodies at the objectives the organised part of the TR prepared for being captured (and that means the thrilling duty of capping empty bases most of the time...). And now the same lowlives are yelling these comments at the part of the TR who made those past victorys even possible. And that makes me want to punch some faces in...
    • Up x 2
  6. faykid

back in the day of TR overpop, TR had large population during our prime time, 8p,m. to 2 a.m. being what i consider prime time (translates to 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. GMT)
  7. Bankrotas

Balanced in the flinch days? Nc had weekly pop of 29-30% and always warpgated on Indar (btw, screw Indar), TR from time to time took lead, but most of the time, VS had poop advantage,
    And forgot this post.
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010917251697713/stats
    So hard, that difference between TR and NC kills on your char is what? 600 kills out of almost 50000 you have. Bullcraping****.
    • Up x 1
  8. JesNC

I also think it's quite curious. The last patches didn't really buff NC to be the new FoTM IMO. Instead, the first few weeks were refreshingly balanced, both in regard to equipment 'issues' and population. It only started to go sideways around the time christmas holidays hit.

Why? No idea...
    • Up x 1
  9. Xasapis

Not sure what the point you are trying to make is and what my personal kill stats have to do with anything.
    • I'm playing primarily on Indar, which happens to be the only continent where all sides have about the same population due to the continent cap, regardless of any imbalances on the server. Equal population numbers on that particular continent will produce a somewhat equal killstreak, especially if you try to diversify your gameplay.
    • TR have been consistently on the habit of ruining good fights. You redeploy on an even fight base and suddenly you're faced with two extra platoons. It is a serious fun killer but also the reason for smaller amount of kills for either side, at least compared to a heated fight of relatively even forces.
    • After almost a year of playing the game and facing TR on the majority of the encounters, I've started to systematically avoid TR fights for good NC fights. This is since the end of summer, pretty much. What started as a forced battle selection ended up becoming a necessity, when the NC numbers bloomed out of proportions.
    So yea, my kill count is about even right now, which doesn't mean much, nor it invalidates what I said. Good fights with the NC did not come naturally, you had to go look for them, while TR were everywhere, though their numbers made finding good fights equally hard. No we seem to be in the reversed situation, where the new red is blue on the server.

(One thing I'm so glad is that ZOE got nerfed to oblivion. That ensured our underdog status for at least 6 more months worldwide and probably indefinitely on Miller.)
  10. Botji

I can say the same for my own stats, I used to have much higher TR kills than NC but then I got tired of fighting TR 80% of the time and pretty much always outnumbering me in ever fight... So I went to visit the NC instead. I guess it took a few months but now my kills are almost 50/50, still more TR kills though :)
    • Up x 1
  11. Phazaar

That's just about the most selective interpretation of this I've ever seen. OP would probably command a lot more sympathy if his thread wasn't 'QQ OMFG SO UNFAIR QQ NC OP NERF NERF QQ WHY EVERYONE LEAVE TR QQ QQ' and was ACTUALLY what you're attempting to pretend it says. I'll write his post for you in the manner you've chosen to read it, and then we'll see the difference...

'It's with remorse I come to write this post. I main TR on Miller... We had a huge overpop (40-50% most nights) for the vast majority of the time since launch, and my kin and I told you to 'suck it up', 'L2P', 'Get organised' etc. I'm here to tell you we were wrong and we're sorry.

Since new years NC has been overpop on Miller, courtesy of finally having been balanced despite our constant calls for them to remain cattle for the slaughter. It's pretty clear that now the factions are balanced, our overpop that we previously put down to being organised and 'better at the game' than you guys turns out to be more down to having been supremely OP in most regards for the majority of the game... Now with a level playing field, peoples general faction preferences (and perhaps boredom with having been forced to play TR so as to not be at a disadvantage for so long) have unbalanced the populations.

It's annoying, I'm mad about it, and I want it gone, yes. Moreso though, when you were annoyed, you were mad about it, and you wanted it gone, I was wrong, and we were wrong to have lauded our 'pro organisation' over you and block attempts to get this fixed. Apologies for this could go on forever, but even if you can't find it in your hearts to forgive us for 8 months of pathetic childish insolence, perhaps we could put that aside for a while and try to work towards a positive conclusion here? If you feel the need to 'go for the jugular,' do, but please try to add something constructive to the discussion as to how we could address this imbalance so we can -all- enjoy the game (even if you do want to see us suffer for a while in the mean time! ;) ).'

...OR...

'Yes I'm mainly TR player
    yes NC is overpopping since new Year http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php
    yes TR is 90% of the time the lowest population on Miller
    yes it is annoying
    yes I am mad
    yes get rid of it
    yes I don't care about anything else'

Can you see the difference? The former is the 'admittance' you're attempting to extract from the latter (which clearly bears no resemblance to the former, sadly)... The latter ends with a statement inviting criticism and remorseless rebuttals, as it prematurely dismisses more or less any discussion on any potentially related matter, leaving people essentially the choice of '****' or 'CRY WITH ME'... Interestingly, most people choose to mirror the **** statement...

If you've been pissing on someone's doorstep every night for 8 months and telling them to get over it, blocking any council intervention, and they finally have a night on the town (or even 16 of them...) and piss on your doorstep on the way home, running to the council to scream about how pissing on doorsteps must stop immediately -IS- hypocrisy, ESPECIALLY when that scream isn't accompanied by a heart-felt request for forgiveness and empathy.

So on topic: OP, if you'd like to start again with a thread that invites any kind of positive response/empathic process (hell, you're welcome to just copy and paste what I've already written for you...), I'll be happy to discuss what we can do about this. In the mean time though, I'm pretty happy to piss on your doorstep for a while. Sorry. Human nature, and a resounding sense of justice, wins the day...
    • Up x 2
  12. ScottishRoss

Just going to interject here as a VS on Miller, you're both wrong. Overpop switches between you guys every hour or so. So yeah, we still manage to do well against you guys.
  13. Irathi

I can see you are quite concerned about the quality of the replies given to this thread and decided to respond in an equal manner. I frankly don't care about how you would like the OP to have written a page long and formal apology on behalf of TR before even suggesting that we revisit the faction balance.

The OP is perfectly within his rights to express his feelings on the current situation of population imbalance without apologizing for "the way NC has been treated". From what I read, and we might of course be interpeting this differently, the OP says:

"I play TR, there is a major population imbalance where NC has the most and TR the least, it sucks and annoys me, please fix it, it matters more than anything else to me."

Switch around "TR" and "NC" in the same sentance and voila, exactly what NC has been saying for the past months.

Like as if the great "injustice" was caused by TR anyway and you had to "suffer" so much in the past months from people telling you to L2P?

SOE manages the patching, SOE is to blame for any empire imbalance. If you are going to take forum replies personal and /yell chat in planetside personal, then you are going to have a bad time.

On a personal note; I honestly don't mind the current population imbalance and enjoy every fight I go to, plenty of targets to kill and not a dull moment. There are probably lots of people who shifted to NC after the patch just to try out that will return over time. Besides capping esamir and amerish with 3:1 numbers is boring as ****. So enjoy your new found status as populatusdominar.
  14. Goretzu

You obviously don't look at your map much then, if you call BS, because it is plain enough to see most of the time. :confused:

###########
    ###########
    ###########
    ###########
    ###########

Is a fairly normal state for Miller continent maps.

But yes when TR were rocking 45, 47, 49 or 50+% of the world pop (for most of 2013) it was hard not to fight them (and in some cases, like alerts, where they might have had as much as 70% continental pop, yes, difficult to fight anyone else at all).

But that still doesn't or didn't change TR/VS's proclivity for attacking NC as their first choice, which has become very apparent since TR overpopulation waned.

It is good though for the NC though, as it means lots of fights. :cool:
  15. d3adline

Do you even believe that yourself?
  16. Pikachu

Wait what?! I thought Miller was all about TR. TR always being ~50%. :eek:
  17. axiom537

Nothing really changed for the NC, what changed is a few blatantly OP weapons on both the TR and VS have had a balance pass and now the NC are more attractive because they are no longer out gunned.

I think the current population increase for the NC, is not so much that they are OP now, but more then likely it has to do with 4th factioners moving away from the VS and in particular the TR, to give the NC a try, now that no weapons right now seem to be outrageously OP to attract them. I also think many NC that either left the game or moved to the other factions due to the frustration of having to deal with those OP weapons, are now migrating back, since those weapons have been balanced.

Population imbalances are something we all should be concerned with, but after only a week or so after a major balance pass is not the time to start crying the sky is falling. Let's give it a month or two see if they stabilize and if not then we can start combing the hard data and try and find what tweaks might need to be made.
    • Up x 1
  18. RyanGUK

TR overnight and in the early morning, feels so overpopulated. But as somebody on the forum pointed out to me, the imbalance isn't a huge one. Sure, there are spikes where there are quite a lot of NC but during alerts the NC still aren't winning because a lot of NC'ers like to go on other continents to ghost cap and get their XP up, so actually it balances out itself in that respect.

However in gameplay, it only takes a coordinated attack from a TR or VS outfit for the general NC lot to be thrown into disarray. I'd say all the factions hold their own pretty well, and I'd argue that it does feel pretty balanced.

Just be curious to see what happens to the population after the end of the 2 week NC Indar north warpgate cycle...
  19. Hiding in VR

If only the internet worked that way, there might be hope for humanity :(
  20. LordMondando

Population imbalance is just going to be a fact of PS2, you can't enforce 1:1:1 balancing of players.

This is why we need mechanics like logistics though, the real problem here is the fact that having more guys = winzors.

If the NC (or TR back in the day) had vulnerable logistic routes and required lots of supplies to reach their front line bases to be effective. Then having more guys has disadvantages that the underpoped side can strike at.
    • Up x 4