2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  2. EverestMagnus

I'm on the loyal soldier memebership how will this affect me my monthly rate.
  3. vampyro

The main issue with the 2000SC item was that it was not going to allow bundles or player studio items. I am fine with either option if player studio items are allowed.
    • Up x 1
  4. GalaxyKillers

This is for people at Planetside2 I hope you guys read this post well and give your thoughts on it.

I never loved a game so much and was as passionate as I am right now about this great product, I bought a full year membership and spent a lot of my money on buying SC, and the change to the status-quo on membership SC is a right step.

As a premium member I would love to have premium bundles available as someone that is paying 1 full year upfront this would sweeten the deal and also increase players to get the 1 year membership, lets say give 1 bundle each month free for people like me ( 1 year Members ) to differentiate us from others.

I would also love and want a new system where I can pay and get all the guns tanks camo etc.. free as in a Very Premium Premium Membership like a lifetime membership at $500 or more so that I dont have to buy SC to get every new weapon camo etc.....

Lastly I am thinking that SOE will need and I hope people at PS2 are with me to make PS2 a community game that is funded and cared by us and Devs at PS2, no more coorporate rash or anger at us gamers. I have in mind a project like starcitizen,

make PS2 an open game project to be funded by us for improvements I would donate 1000 $ to this game and I am not joking to help recruit more devs get more modifications etc....

This is my Ultimate Wish give PS2 back to the players make this game a community based one which will have more money to spend and make a better game,

I am sorry if my posts were all filled with anger but this shows how passionate I am about this game.

PS2 people please read my post and respond to it, I have you back and the money too, together we can make this game so much better for you and me and the players.

Thanks for giving me such a great game to play.

Mehdi
  5. furballhero

Aright so you want your players to spend more of their Station Cash,

Here's a couple ideas..

1. Improve your packages: Packs are broken, all too often I've run into a pack I like but it contains items I have already purchased / unlocked.. making the savings useless. I'm sure you guys can come up with a better way of doing this, removing the cost of owned items from the pack or something.

2. The Item of the day: Why does it have to be one item across the board for everyone? Often I'll log in to see the deal of the day is an item I already own, why not make it a random un-owned item?. This also benefits the game by not skewing the balance in any particular way.

If players aren't spending their SC, maybe its because the whole system needs some tweaking, every time a player sees "Item already owned" In the shop - that's a sale slot that isn't making YOU (SOE) any money.

Also you need to start giving us more diversity, voice packs, weapon add ons, decals that are actually visible on all armour types. Maybe even things like flags or platoon / squad leader items.. ect ect ect
    • Up x 4
  6. Villanuk

Most people cant get the bundles as they have most of the items in the bundle already. For new players yes it would be a good idea, but for most it would not. Take in mind you had to use that voucher every month, so most people would be buying stuff they just dont want.

With then SC, you can save up for when something NEW comes out, or buy items on daily sales for a lot less.
  7. Souwest

Firstly I will wait to see the final invitation made by SOE. I do like what I see so far because it is directly in line with the basic philosophy SOE now prides itself on, I get to game 'My way'. But as we all know the devil is always in the details. I would like to offer my thanks along with everyone else that the opinions of those who voiced them when asked were heard.

As a Legendary in DCUO and an Auraxim member in PS2 regarding the above quote, previously SC from one subscribed game simply went to your primary SOE account. It did not matter what game you logged into the SC was there and available for use. However over the last few months my SC did not appear automatically. The December Support Ticket I lodged regarding this indicated that whatever bug that was interrupting this process had been fixed. As of Jan it appears the dates on which my SC arrives is a few days later but it has now all come through.

I would also like to offer some information going forward. I have two 'Premium' accounts in two separate titles so that I can access 1000SC a month and still gain the other benefits for both. I don't have a SOE Access All because I want this extra SC to make 1K SC worth of purchaes in a month and gain the premium membership benefits from the two titles. If this most recent change goes through and my Legendary/Auraxim membership benefits roll over my long-term intention will be to drop one membership eventually. Although the money, already budgeted to entertainment will go towards boosting my monthly SC allotment.

However in the medium-term I have two separate paid subscriptions on the one SOE account. Will this recent change mean both my accounts will continue to earn me 500SC or will I now have one account 'roll into an all-access pass' and give me 500SC and the second premium membership grant me no benefit? I doubt there are many people who would be in my situation but it is likely there will be some.

Furthermore, due to these changes my WoW subscription is going to come under very serious scrutiny. I'm thinking why pay for a fantasy subscription with another company when SOE have given me the opportunity to explore comprehensive gaming genres under the one account and with the one company? This is a rather intelligent long term business move. As I mentioned earlier I came to PS2, the game I now play more than any other, simply because my SC were transferable from DCUO. As such other than a download it cost me nothing to give it a try. Once I was in a position to do so it picked SOE up another 12 month sub from me. EQ2 I've been in and out of but not having a premium membership things go a bit slower so I'm not as enthralled. With premium access there as well if this proposal all goes through, well as I said, WoW sub is looking decidely shaky right now. EQN and L on the horizon I have to say SOE has definitely renewed my interest which was a 'maybe' to a 'may as well'.

Smart psychological move for those of us who aren't completely 'settled'. As I said, I'll keep an eye on what the exact invitation from SOE is, but if I believe it is of value the versatility of a SOE gaming account will be something i will be making absolutely clear to all of my gaming buddies who have left SOE over the years.

Finally, thanks again to the CS reps for keeping us informed. I see you answer the same questions numerous times and applaud your patience and goodwill.
  8. Villanuk

If your rich enough to go on holiday for a month, i dont think your going to miss 500sc and lets be honest, who goes on holiday for a month, how many people, not many im guessing?
    • Up x 1
  9. Grossalaud

Why did you needed to change the subscription plan..??
    I'll pay and i'll still have to "claim" my SC? NOT!
  10. Delusional

I never intended on stacked the monthly 500 SC. I intended to collect it monthly and use it mainly for cheaper cosmetics that are only purchasable via SC. It would be a waste to spend a voucher for up to 2000 SC on a 100-250 SC hood ornament for my Sunderer, or maybe a new camouflage for my gun. While the 2000 SC voucher seems like the deal if you intend to be spending your SC on weapons and other more expensive items, it makes absolutely no sense if the main intent is to purchase cheap cosmetics--which, coincidentally, is my main intent.
  11. Villanuk

Can i ask why Smed posts on Reddit not the offical PS2 forum, its quiet bizarre really don't you think?

As for thinking SOE are money grabbing jerks, cant say i have seen one post that has indicated such a thing, but all the forum wanted was a flexible fair offer and just an honest explanation to why there was a sudden change in peoples membership without consultation, is that really unfair, i don't think so and did he not think people would not even question it?

If smed was "just" a game player and his contract changed would he not ask the question why and if so would he better off or not. Or lets put it another way, if your a gym user and they changed your membership would you not see if you were getting the same benefits to you?

It may be a game, but its still money and principles and what ever walk of life its comes in, people will always look at that.

Mind you this is wasted, should have posted on Reddit, so smed may have read it...:(
  12. Villanuk

Indeed :)
  13. Tinuva

Point taken, but it is a little presumptious to think that I need to be rich in order to take a month off. It is called annual leave and if you accrue enough of it then it will pay for you while you are on holiday.
  14. Mikte

That would be a good idea and all but it kind of falls in the category of "pay to play" which SOE seems to have done a great job in avoiding.
  15. BetaBravo

WOW! I must say, I am really impressed with the fact that you (SOE) have truly listened to the masses and that the solutions you present sound great. As an All Access member for the last 9 months, I thought I was getting a pretty good deal since I play PS2, DCUO and EQ2 (but mostly PS2) but when the news about the Membership changes came out, I was on the fence whether or not to keep it. If these new NEW changes are implemented, I will gladly keep my All Access. Good luck and THANK YOU for listening.
  16. jsnipy

17. Blindsniper

I have played (and still play) many different f2p games and I can tell you SoE is by far the most open about their development by a long shot and there is a lot of passion over there a that studio. You can feel it on their FNO streams and all of the videos they make and the posts that they do. Higby even felt so bad about a little extended maintenence that he gave everyone double XP for the weekend. Thats a team that really cares and one I am will to spend money on. People need to realize that they don't have to buy any of the stuff that SoE puts out. I have my little knit picks but overall i feel the game is in good hands.
  18. Shiaari

Thank you very, very much for listening. This kind of thing does not happen very often, that is when a large game publisher actually listens to their players and gives an inch. EA certainly doesn't do this, and Blizzard? Well, let's not be negative.

Thank you for this. It makes me proud to be a SOE subscriber.
    • Up x 1
  19. Maderez

I'm 100% with noc65.
    I'm a member buying sc and paying a lot, and I can say 100%, 500SC is just not enough.
    Most item\bundles are 700+SC which means you basicly have to wait 2 months to buy something!
    Now on top of that, they have offered us a game-crossing memebrship where you can by ANY item you want worth up to 20$!!!!
    and you say: "NO we would rethar get 5$ worth everymonth for one game.." (which you still need to calim every month now!)
    I'm like.. Faith in humanity is GONE. No wonder there is an economic crysis around the world...

SOE sometimes you just need to be brave and make a step, to show people what they are missing.
    People FEAR change, and always will be. PLEASE go on with your former plan. It will extend the exposure for all of your games (which I do not know) and for everyone playing on a regular basis there is ALWAYS something to buy every month.

O! I got a good idea actually!
    You can keep everyone happy by just adding an option in game to use the "up to 2000sc monthly" to buy a 500SC.
    Members are gonna have to claim it per month anyway, so why not just give them the option, to log in every month and use it to buy 500SC.
    I guess, I get, some people are "Hoarding" SC, 'cause they don't wanna buy something here and now, and that is a good option for them.
  20. stalkish

No idea what he is on about TBH.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.