[META]Command Chat and Alerts [TR Mattherson]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheDoctor, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Westy543

Man, do people still think armor divisions are a thing that can survive in this game?
  2. RoyAwesome

It doesn't appear to be hurting us that they don't. Outside of TR and NC double teaming us all night tonight, we've won just about ever alert I've been part of for the last 2 weeks.

The only time I tell TEST to pull armor in this game is when it's a mass infantry zerg coming our way and we have lightnings with Viper/HE available. In that situation, it's summer cert harvest.

Armor is awful. Air is awful. The only way to win in this game is to throw squads of people on a capture point and constantly zerg sunderers into positions to provide spawns. You have to play the game you are given, not the game that you want it to be.
    • Up x 2
  3. Crashsplash

My personal opinion is that a lot of the problem is the fact that voice is mostly used. Voice chat is great except it has issues because people start to talk over each other and any drama that happens gets exaggerated and then people simply turn it off.

I really believe empire wide coordination could be better achieved if there was no build it voice ability. Outfits that want to cooperate could do it via an exteranl ts/mumber/vent etc, of which there are plenty but coop between outfits where there aren't close ties would be better via text.

Sure in text there would still be arguments, but the dramatic impact of there would be less, in my view.

On a wider point, in game disagreements and even arguments are a good thing, but perhaps not all the time.
  4. Mustarde

The thing to realize about that video is that it was an exceptional blowout moment. It's not like that every night, or after every alert loss. We could definitely use more consistent teamwork between outfits but it's not terrible like the OP or the video implies.

I've taken the opportunity to visit some 903'd, VG and AOD platoons over the last month. In each one, the PL seemed to have a rough sense of where the other major allies were i.e. "BWC is going to X lane, we're taking this one", which tells me that there is a functional command element at work. More than once when facing a losing fight you'll hear "hang on guys, VG is coming for backup!" or something to that effect.

I don't lead, because I have a hard time focusing as an infiltrator while coordinating and doing all that other stuff. But I can tell that the Mattherson TR has a functional leadership environment. The breakdown comes when people bring egos to the table, or when we lose an alert and the fingers start getting pointed. It's happened before, it will happen again, and as players we need to make sure our leaders are accountable and are working well with allied outfits. If leader X is complete jerk and is trashing on everyone consistently and other outfits are no longer able to work with that leader, you need to think about replacing with leader Y.

I've already s'd your d privately with my opinions on your platoon leading abilities. But what you do with GOKU is essentially a quick response force hybrid with "special ops" aka sneaking behind battle lines with beacons and bring it from a 1 squad scale to a platoon scale. It's brilliant and effective. But I've seen what a dedicated air or armor wing can do too, and you are not giving it enough credit. It may not be your cup of tea, but I hear more tears about BWC armor than anything else.

Having a dedicated armor group is more than just letting your ace tankers have a place to go. It lets your non BR100 average joe player who wants to pull a tank know that if he invests his limited certs into that MBT or sky guard, he will have a consistent group to use it with. Over time, we've built the armor group with players who now have the ability to pull some great vehicles, which is a HUGE difference over a generic outfit pulling 20 1/2 non-certed HEAT MBT's and zerging to the next hex.

Wait how did we start talking about combined arms and armor again? Damnit Eskimo!!! This thread was about dramattherson!
    • Up x 4
  5. BL4CKW0LF22

It's really not that hard to look at the pie charts.

On topic: Eskimo, don't bother feeding these trolls. Those of us who play TR know what BWC is about and what your outfit can accomplish (same goes for all the TR outfits). Everyone runs their ship differently and we all have our reasons. Mainly, I know BWC doesn't like to muddy their name by jumping into the yelling matches on command chat. That alone shows everyone else BWC isn't here for the bullsh1t. The same goes for any other outfit who doesn't jump in and look like an idiot, special thanks to those who don't jump in during those b1tch-fests. Being right or wrong doesn't matter and pointless to prove over the internet sitting behind a keyboard. At the end of the day, everyone will know who b1tched and who fought. Everyone will remember who showed up to save the day or b1tched all day. Whether it was in game or here on these forums. It's that simple.

Actions are louder than words. Remember this.
    • Up x 1
  6. Wingman

*facepalm* really... like REALLY. It shows just how bad things are when one guy asks that we forget what happened (As we need to) and move on, yet moron trolls keep bringing up stupid arguments, and STILL POINT FINGERS.

ffs people. Just drop the stupid chatter and move on. The 903rd tries to create and keep relations as best it can with Outfits. Our only large problem is VG. (I came to 903 after things got heated, so I cant comment on what/or why) I personally have led or been apart of a 903rd platoon and worked with the VG guys so I personally think it may just be Provb, and Shep butting heads.

(side note, if you see me in Command leading 903rd, please coordinate with me [saying that sounds so noob, haha], I will gladly do what ever it takes to win for TR. I hope this can help heal the toxic enviroment that has come up :confused:. I have no ill will toward anyone.)

lets just Keep Calm and Chive on...
  7. libbmaster

I can't confirm the meeting, but I can confirm that NC on Waterson is really much better than they were.

They routinely win alerts. It's actually frighting now, because we are underpoped and now must deal with two good factions.
  8. Wingman

Admittedly that is funny, I came from SolTech, plus I didnt use command until 903, so I never knew how bad it was. I like Shepard, I have his back. He is passionate about TR, he honestly is, and gets upset easily, buuuuut I also understand what is going on now, and that the only thing we can do is to clean slate this entire operation. BCP screwed over TR on Matt, and its fallowed us ever since.

This is why I try to lead as much as I can, so that I can help foster a better environment for command then the Sh*t that happened in the past.
  9. Sardaukar

It's the idea of a dedicated vehicle group that we don't put stock in. When GOKU is in coordinated form, we rely primarily on infantry, yeah, but we use vehicles in a way that works within the infantry and mobility metagame. There's no squad of dedicated tankers and air- well, sometimes air, when we can wrangle them away from farms- and instead we have people who have very low vehicle cooldowns that pull a few vehicles when we need them, and abandon them when they're no longer useful to the fight. There's usually only a few tanks active at any time, and if the platoon moves somewhere distant, they often either abandon the vehicle there or stick around to help the local pubbies and play more aggressively until the vehicle has been traded for a lot of kills and certs. On the rare occasion we form an actual large mass of vehicles, it's for an established goal rather than a slow roam.

If the game featured the target designator from PS1, a dedicated vehicular strike group would be much more viable. I'd like the idea, since I keep pushing it to KV, but even I have to admit it just doesn't fit well outside having fun as an implacable armor mass.
    • Up x 2
  10. BL4CKW0LF22

I can vouch for this. Many times we (903rd) have fought GOKU and it has been primarily infantry based attacks & defenses. GOKU utilizes vehicles but just like anyone else, they can be taken out. (thank you TR for the Strikers :D ). We also thank GOKU for not hindering the FPS with an armor zerg lol

Listen, there is going to be a lot of trash talking during a game. It's inevitable. There will be typical faction rivalry as well in PS2. Just roll with the punches and plow through the bullsh1t. Ultimately this IS just a game, despite what we all think or feel. Some are more competitive than others. It comes with the territory. Move on. It's Christmas for crying out loud (for some of us) lol Why are we even trolling today?

I'm looking forward to planting more Xmas presents under GOKU Sunderer's followed by a Decimator!!! ;)
    • Up x 1
  11. libbmaster

Oh, tank divisions are very effective (proven fact). Individual tanks? Not so much.

You just have to use the strength that they are (incorrectly) balanced for: they are available to everyone, and available for pulling at almost every facility.
  12. EliteEskimo

We have an armored task force which is constantly making use of tactics to keep the enemy guessing where we'll be next, which is different than just amassing 1/2 tanks. Try spamming 1/2 tanks sometime when you see our Rampage armored task force up on Tuesdays and Fridays during prime time, we always like free certs while making vehicles explode.;)

In my mind I can think of 3 reasons why you wouldn't have a dedicated armor task force for your outfit.

1. The outfit don't have enough Ace Tankers, and/or enough people who are good enough and/or want to be good enough in a dedicated role as a tanker to actually make a difference with that armor in large battles. It's a difficult thing to do because of how weak tanks are against infantry in this game, but BWC manages to do it all time and make a significant difference with our tanks even in 48+V48+ battles. This normally comes into play by taking out the enemy's well guarded sunderers and clearing out any enemy armor and air that the enemy brought with them.

2. The outfit doesn't know how how to properly use combined arms tactics to get the most out of the tanks they pull, so their tanks are quickly lost once big battles come around. You have to know where tanks are best used, and where to place them on a battlefield to do significant damage. If you don't your armor will just get farmed by infantry.

3. The outfit would rather do infantry only or infantry mostly gameplay. I can't hold this against other outfits because of the game's infantry side 2 state you can zerg rush anything with HA's, a few medics, and an engineer for ammo. Infantry have skill less lock on launchers (which lock on times got buffed to make them more easy mode ironically), which is far easier than trying to kill that armor with your own AP tanks which takes considerably more skill. That or an outfit can go up on a cliff with Lancers (which I find it odd they didn't get a range nerf since they are being used from 500-600m+ away where infantry don't render), or with AV turrets (range was nerfed but is still OP) and try to farm armor. It costs 0 resources to do, it is OP and cheesy, but hey if the game gives you that option I suppose you do it if you're unable to do it in other ways.

What I think most outfits lose out on for just spamming OP infantry for every problem is an epic experience that one must experience to really know what I'm talking about. Rushing across a field as an HA blob and lock on spamming your way to victory just isn't the same as having armor rolling across that field, infantry running alongside it and fighting with the tanks, and having Air support raining down from above and engaging other air in the sky all at the same time. When I play with BWC I get this sort of experience.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Which in my opinion is much more satisfying to be part of, whether you're part of the combined arms force or fighting against it. I'd rather have gameplay that reflected the pictures above than the picture below.

[IMG]

Can you be very effective spamming infantry? Sure.... But will it feel as awesome compared to a victory you achieved with air,tanks, and infantry all fighting together as a cohesive unit? I'd wager no. I play in BWC not just because they are a well organized and highly coordinated outfit, I also play with them because they represent what Planetside 2 was SUPPOSED to be all about.... Combined arms!:eek: When you play with BWC it's not hard to find awesome combined arms battles, because when playing with BWC you get to bring the combined arms battles and the experience that comes alongside it with you.:cool:
  13. WyrdHarper

Eskimo, you know I love BWC, but I love you more when you guys are coordinating. There have definitely been times where 903 and BWC have shown up in a tough hex at the same time where we could've been a lot more effective if we'd coordinated what we were doing. Even if you guys don't want to use command a lot, just have someone use it to find out who the active PL's are and have them send out courtesy tells, just so we know what you guys are up to. Though we do really like it when you just give us a general idea (BWC are going to push in this direction...), as it helps everyone else plan. You guys are a really big and effective outfit, after all.
    • Up x 1
  14. Posse

I thought it was more like this

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  15. BaronVonVirtu

But they use tactical comms while they do it, so it's completely immersive!
  16. libbmaster

Which one are BWC?
  17. Wingman

guys please, stay on topic, enough with the stupid jabs.
    • Up x 1
  18. Mordgier

Why they are obviously the red splats you see under the zerg.
    • Up x 2
  19. Nexus545

OMG I've never seen rage like that in a game before since maybe Halo 2 or 3
  20. IamCommanderShepard

Evening everyone and happy holidays, merry christmas! I hope each and every planetside2 player is having a great one with lots of nanites and certs. I apologize in advance for the book, but pray each one of you that is involved with this ordeal reads this and my thanks before hand for doing so.

I feel it is time for me to address this post, as well as the toxic that has been caused on Reddit due to Rak's video, seeing as it has been completely and utterly been blown out of proportion by the elements that be, and I must say... Not only for my self, but for the faction it is a complete and utter fail and shame. Command chat has never been so silent and dreadful...

From here, I will clarify what you are not seeing in the video, as the video, the texts you see (posted by angry player, a VG member that constantly tries to harass and achieve a rise out of other players by needless bullying and trolling)

In this video, before the yelling begins, Command chat is in utter disarray due to the fact that key outfits IE: The largest and most coordinated are trying very hard to achieve victory in this alert. On Amerish we ended up losing 2 Amp stations at the same time while 2 main outfits with mass amounts of numbers refused to participate in maintaining our position of 1st place without listening to reason.

The 903, BWC, AOD, DOG, as well as the outfit the raging gentlemen is in, were fighting on Amerish for over an hour and a half so his frustration I could understand. I discussed the ordeal with his outfit lead later and everything was patched up with apologies from both sides... Thus, squashing the entire endeavor.

Further more, the purpose in which I personally (CommanderShepard) was discussing with the other outfit leads is that WE as LEADERS need to accept that it is NOT about us, not about our outfits, but the entire player base of TR that devote their time to us to make decisions for us after a long hard days of work, or what have you. It is not for us to judge them, treat them like cattle, nor bastardize them. No, as leaders we must respect the fact that these individuals follow us and allow us human beings to make choices for them. These people are active military, retired military, average Joes, COE's of companies, professors, college students.... HUMAN BEINGS. And we need to respect that. THAT is why I personally become frustrated with the claim that this is JUST a game. Yes. It is, but it is also a community of individuals participating in something that makes us feel great, happy, and for a brief moment the feeling of success... Wouldn't you like to try your hardest to help another person feel good about them selves?

I am not perfect, this I know. And nor do I feel the need to tell anyone my life story, but people need a release of frustration and on behalf of my entire outfit. I personally am sorry for hurting anyone's well being, or insulting another person within Planetside2 and I say this to the entire community.

I am not going anywhere, if you want me to leave I apologies to you. I am gratefully sorry to anyone I have insulted. I am a man that looks forward not behind and will do everything within my power to change that and to help each other have an amazing time within this game. Consider this my apology as well as the fact that my fellow peers within this community will see a change in me greatly. I can promise you this.

Last, to clarify the screen captures that angry has posted. That entire incident, in which took place at Crossroads during the previous double xp weekend, was a result in VG members team killing, halting our approach to the capture points, and elimination of our sunderers. There was equal amounts of team killing on each side, with Proverbs as well as 4 of his men running in unison trying to eliminate my character for about an hour until each side had weapons lock. Most of his players even camped my body during revives. I am ashamed for this entire situation and will accept responsibility regardless of their outfit created the entire ordeal in the first place. It does not matter.

Pointing to the messages you see in these screen caps, that entire conversation was a complete and utter failed attempt to break this immature squabble of endeavors to try and work together. Yes it was filled with anger and frustration for this I cannot lie. Would you not be? For months, VG members have attempted to team kill 903 players and honestly... We do not care... I personally have tried to put an end to this by even, reviving Proverbs to help them with a push. Is there a picture or video of this? No. With him sending me tells saying thank you... I will not be posting pictures of messages, killboards, even a secret screen capture involving a certain leader wanting to... Well.. Cause much harm to the entire faction. I do not need to act as if I am an ex girl friend, spreading around revenge messages on facebook. That is all it is. That message was an attempt to try and fix things, and it did not end well. He and I are both very much so filled with pride. The only thing is, I am willing to listen to all, and no one is wrong in my eyes for life is a matter of perception.

I do not understand why we need such needless dramatization and cannot simply let things pass. With leadership there are rough times and great times. Competition is all I personally have ever known in life due to my back round in sports, and other things, so my "rage" is honestly mimicking only what I have learned within these realms. Coaching as you will. And it honestly (As a human being, regardless of internet bs) makes me feel shame to know that I personally have offended those that simply do not understand this nature, it is not their fault, it is not mine. It boils down to up bringing, and individual experiences which is for none of us to know. There for. We should never (As adults) bastardize, manipulate, and destroy another human being for any reason. I personally can handle being team killed for the entire weekend. Having hate messages about wanting to kill my family. Someone hunting down my facebook... We need to recognize this as adults. Gammers. Humans. What ever title you wish to give it. And respect that.

In closing. We as a faction can agree to disagree on many things. 903 has never ever pointed fingers on my watch until this video where I personally had enough of the snowmen, and trolling on command chat. I accept that others hate me, but do not hate the ideal in which my outfit "The 903rd Marauders" holds. We will assist any anybody that we are in allegiance with. We are all on the same team. We all have a love for planetside. We are all competitive. There is no holier than thou attitude with us and please understand this. During alerts we will go where we need to go, do what we have to do, to show each and every member of each outfit a great time in this digital world.

So where do we go from here as Matherson TR players? How do we overcome this as leaders? Acceptance. Honor. Retribution. Courage. Strength.

I am not going anywhere Matherson. I will remain active and will never rage quit like Buzzcut. I will never let down my outfit, even if it comes down to me and 1 other person being active. So if you wish to make me rage quit, you will fail. I love this game, I love the community, I owe this game so much when it comes to learning experiences, that I cannot turn my back on it for a second. This is just another obstacle to tear down, and another experience to learn from. And I accept my shame in Rak's video. I accept the hurt individuals that I have insulted and blame my ignorance...

In the future, I respect leaders, individuals with insight. If you ever have an issue with 903, or myself. Please send me a message in game and we can discuss it. Do not expect a troll message, do not expect an insulting reply or anything along those lines.

We play TR together, and it means something to us, like it or not. We are TR. Together.

The rest is in your hands Matherson TR. where do we go to next from here?

Have a happy holiday season.

-IamCommanderShepard
    • Up x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.