Continuing to investigate server issues

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Dec 18, 2013.

1. LavenderFennec

he payed for seven day the servers have not been down for seven days he is gong to get what he payed for
  2. Solo59486

How is not being able to play for a couple and possibly more days getting what I payed for? By your logic we just shouldn't pay SOE anymore if were suppose to be treated like this and let the game die.
    • Up x 1
  3. Blasterrr

42 Steam GAmes and i don t want to play anything but ps2. well at least now i have time for good old comic books
    • Up x 1
  4. FinWiz

Well I have FX-6300 and haven't had any problems with any games. In PS2 things have been working just nice after first optimization patch
  5. sL360

I've an idea; let's go to the test servers and just play there. ALL ABOARD THE HOSSIN TRAIN.

They aren't dead too...are they?
  6. Auraxianvanu

" Oh, you paid $10 for two big macs? Here's one, and no money back, now bugger off."
  7. Clay

It was funny the first time. it was okay the second time. guess what it is now.
    • Up x 1
  8. Neuromancer

This thread is epic. There's some batcrap crazy going on. I'm going to make a nice meal, and take a walk outside.
    • Up x 2
  9. LavenderFennec

ok i do apologize for using your name like that but really everyone uses things as example that don't start out free and things are going to happen if you pay or not... what im saying is dont complain if something happens and you just happen to be paying for something thats free
  10. LavenderFennec

YOU PAYED FOR SEVEN DAYS last i checked the game has not been down for seven days
  11. bruce bengtson

HEY HERES a idea for you planetside action starved players lets all flood PLANETSIDE 1 AND CREATE SOME EPIC BATTLES OVER THERE.:)
    • Up x 1
  12. Dandann

It's been down for two, and he didn't pay for five days - it was SEVEN. How can this simple concept be so difficult to grasp?
  13. noMnoM

if i wanted to play an ancient game i would play vanilla ut over ps1.
  14. sL360

Guys...srsly. The PTS is still up. If you want to play that badly just hop on the server. Instead of verbally killing each other...? No?

ok...I tried. <:c
  15. Wussie

You've never played another MMO have you? Try being forced to pay 14 a month to play the game period and not having much recourse if the servers do go down for a few hours. Relax, more than likely you can put in a support ticket and have the time reset.
  16. LavenderFennec

if i got one and not the other i wold be happy just because i would be able to eat
  17. DeadliestMoon

Huh, why do a lot of English words have Latin roots?
  18. Shawdii

19. Andrea SKye

Can I get a days free membership? since like, I havent been able to play for a day.
  20. Defosh

Well, this is a bit dissapointing. The whole downtime with not much information and all.
    I was really getting hyped to finally jump back playing this game today after a 4-6 months worth of a break.

Why the break, you might ask, well, my new system was not very, let's say, happy with running Planetside 2. Untill the optimization patches rolled in.
    I've decided to check the game after the second patch yesterday, and I was really suprized with the optimization work they did. I wasn't too big into balance and new stuff all that much, because, all in all without this optimization I wasn't able to play this game.

For a 8 core FX8150 BE user, it is a night and day. From 20FPS in medium battles and as low as 12-10FPS in large battles (on lowest settings!) to a overall, afterburner limited 40FPS and a stable 38-40FPS in medium battles and 30-32 in the largest fight I could find during my hour test yesterday (on highest settings game can offer without enabling PhysX yet, and without the weird, in my opinion, motion blur effect).

So, I do applaud them for this work. Game is actually playable on this sytem.
    The optimization issues where quite funny for me, since on my previous i5 2500k game was running just fine. So, I've assumed a lack of proper multi-core utilization.

Oh well, it's even funnier that game can now run on my system, but the servers are down for quite some time now. I'm still thankful for the optimization, but nonetheless, hype to jump into the battle slightly cooled off.

Will wait. Pateince. I haz it :D