Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. DaBadBoyz

Hey Chicken Do you know when the servers are going to be up?
    I'm From TEIC
  2. UnluckyFriedKitten

Thats because NC are so underpowered even I feel sorry for them and im TR.

They have the reaver and CQC shotguns but catch them at anything over 30 foot and they might as well have their pants down.

Comparing NC to vanu or TR is unfair.

Ive played all 3 factions, and I know whats OP on all three of them. Yes .. they took our favorite toys away .. because they were OP. So stop crying and saying "waah but they didnt get nerfed as much" .. you are being silly everyone got funked equally.
    • Up x 2
  3. Morticulture

• Counted the number of hairs on Higby's head. The total was 599,687,0498.
    That's a quote from a sentence in there somewhere. Also, if ZOE MAX exploiters get their certs refunded, I want all my lives that were lost to ZOE to be refunded (or all the certs I spent on harrasser armour :p)
    • Up x 1
  4. CHDT65

In games, problem number one is dumbing down, problem number two is "fun", problem number three is "balance".

I always take the example of the Finish airforce during WWII: with crappy aircrafts but with the right tactics, they got one of the best ratio kills/deaths of all airforces during WW2.
  5. Renuse

Excellent post. I liked the highlight on race strengths. If this continues the way its going, we mind as well all just be green plastic army men with the same weapons. People need to have clear cut strengths and weaknesses, and then the choice of play.
    • Up x 1
  6. UnluckyFriedKitten

Nope sorry bud .. sitting here waiting .. even got in a while back for 10 mins then it dropped again :)
  7. Dramonicous

Will prolly be a few more hours, im off to bed.
  8. Alizona

Oh you don't have to tell me. When I started at this game, I was literally and figuratively clueless.

Fast forward a few weeks... I picked Vanu obv, and it was only then did I learn that Vanu has the weakest firepower out of all three factions. I knew right then and there I had made a mistake. And if I had better information at the beginning, Vanu would have been my LAST choice. I suck at FPS!! I need all the firepower help I can get!

But here I am today, still using my one and only char, still playing Vanu. Sometimes I wonder how different the game would be if I had chosen another faction. I'm mainly an engineer and do more repairing than fighting. Of course I realize I can build up a new char, but I have prob a thousand hours invested in this guy and I just can't get myself to start all over again. No biggie... but your point is valid.
    • Up x 2
  9. Luperza Community Manager

• Up x 2
  10. Cigg

I logged in as a snow man, every came after me I was WTF than the server crashed lol
    • Up x 2
  11. DearLeader

In reality, the issue of the populations has to do with what people are attracted to.

The sort of rebels in nature that want to live life for themselves, etc seem to fight for the New Conglomerate. The science fiction sort of people that are in awe of new technology fight for the VS. Not to mention about 50% of the intellectuals.

Lastly, there is the Terran Republic. It appeals more to the law and order aspect of people. Those who seem to prefer security and keeping order over what we see as foolish rebels. The music when you select a character puts these three sorts of ideals into a nutshell. Simply put, real life opinions and knowledge often goes into the overall populations of the factions.

~DearLeader
    • Up x 2
  12. PaperCutWeasel

LOL we need to separate this thread by server
    • Up x 2
  13. DaBadBoyz

Yeah I know few mins then they shut it down again! Hope to see you soon mate!
  14. panJebac

Yesterday I was wonder what to do with another 1000 certs i earned, so I equipped my prowler... especially with anchor lvl3 and thermal to see those damn mines... thank you SOE for early Christmas present :cool:
  15. joey0341

I'm about to pull out the old games.....
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. DxAdder

Soooo VS Bolt Action Sniper Rifles AND Slug Shotguns have Bullet drop now?

I'm guessing no bullet drop will soon only apply to pistols.

But you know what pisses me off ? they don't even offer a cert refund for the Slug Certification.

How long do you expect your game to survive when you continue to change things and offer no
    compensation to your customers.
    • Up x 1
  17. uranusis

TR need plasma cannons that bounce off walls like they had in infantry...
  18. Alizona

(taps foot on ground impatiently and gives Cigg a cold hard squinty-eyed stare)
  19. Gav7x

PLASMA RIFLE
  20. uranusis

FOREVER!!!!